2018 RD Bathurst 1000GT General Discussion

Ok, so upon trying to join the server just now, I couldn't... I could before though (this weekend).

It says that I need files (a rfcmp file of some sort that it wants to take from the server) and proceeds to try to download the Bathurst 2016 track (despite me allready having it, unless you've made changes to it) and it then stops with the description "Bad file descriptor" and won't do anything else.

Any ideas or could you tell me where I can find the files as I haven't been able to find them anywhere on the forum for the past 30 minutes of looking here, trying to re-install the Bathurst Track and so on....?

EDIT:

Sorted, but I do hate how rF2 does all this stuff :(

I added the Bathurst track back in for the 5th time and now it suddently downloads stuff from the server... :sick:

What will be the ingame session start times? So will we race in night?
Also using realweather would mean air temps of 10-5 degrees celcius with 1/3 chance of rain.

Has this question been answered? I'd like to known as well about the weather and how it will affect the race, do you set up the race from the forecast or current situation 'down under'?

3. Racing infringements. Any racing infringements (such as causing a collision or disrespecting track boundaries) must be reported to the stewards immediately for review. The report must be sent to the stewards by the team owner or one of his drivers. Any incident reported more than five (5) minutes after occurring will not be considered by the stewards.

Also I have a question regarding disrespecting track boundaries; if I run wide and cut corner 12(the esses) without gaining an advantage, is that something I have to report to the stewards?
Or is this rule more meant for a situation involving opponents as well?

@Magnus Dahlgren
I think it's live weather. Rain, temp and clouds change. You can see most of the race settings behind a button once you have selected your car and entered the server. I'm not sure if time progression is stated on there?
Also I have a question regarding disrespecting track boundaries; if I run wide and cut corner 12(the esses) without gaining an advantage, is that something I have to report to the stewards?
I'm not going to report myself or my drivers, only if i see somene else gaining advantage.
If you happen to lose your line top of the hill i think if you lift off the throttle for a while, you wouldn't gain anything and you would not get penalized.

What time is the drivers briefing? somewhere amongst this lot :O_o:
  • 10:55 | Race server reboot
  • 11:00 | Official practice (Only starting driver to be on server!)
  • 12:15 | Qualifying (30 minutes)
  • 12:45 | Warm-up (15 minutes)
  • 13:00 | Race start

What time is the drivers briefing? somewhere amongst this lot :O_o:
  • 10:55 | Race server reboot
  • 11:00 | Official practice (Only starting driver to be on server!)
  • 12:15 | Qualifying (30 minutes)
  • 12:45 | Warm-up (15 minutes)
  • 13:00 | Race start
This ^^^^^^^ plus which ts channel does the active driver need to be in when he's in the car? Incoming driver will need to join that ts channel when the time is appropriate, correct?
  • RD Bathurst 1000GT
  • rFactor 2
  • Their Team Channel
Thanks guys:)

Chance for rain is given!
I am not racing but just watching the stream. It will be a good one for sure! :D
Oh man, I should have participated... oh well next time!

Heyy guys, I'm trying to join the server ahead of the race today, but I'm getting this error, and apparently, a few others are having a similar issue, just wondered if this was something on my end?

Attachments

• help.JPG
    help.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 198
Heyy guys, I'm trying to join the server ahead of the race today, but I'm getting this error, and apparently, a few others are having a similar issue, just wondered if this was something on my end?
HI Jarrod, unfortunately, this isn't an error message I've seen before. Have you been connected to the server at all in the lead up to the event? Hopefully @Daiman Patel can assist.
I have just received the identical error, which I have never seen before.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%