2018 RD Bathurst 1000GT Custom Skins

Matt Le Gallez

Talking Door Racing
IUFXGXo.jpg

Welcome to the RD Bathurst 1000GT Skinning Thread.

Every team confirmed as an entry for the RD Bathurst 1000GT is required to submit a vehicle skin. Each team must supply a skin before the submission deadline, so that the livery can be added to the custom skin pack for this event

The skin templates for all of the available cars can be downloaded from here: Templates

Please send your skin submissions to @Matt Le Gallez via PM. The PM should contain a download link created via Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, Mega, or a similar file sharing repository, and the name of the chosen car (from the list of those that are available) must be specified. Please ensure that your skin works before it is submitted.

Skinning deadline: 01/08/18

Last edited:
Liveries for the RiP crew :thumbsup:

@Christian Moreau @Mike Davies @Craig Patteson and @Dan Long. #61 and #62

They are both adaptions from the RDLMS series that I did for the team previously. Just added all the Bathurst event markings like the Liqui Moly sponsorship, although the Castrol car has quite a few changes on it.

Good luck to the team, and have a good race :thumbsup:

Thanks to @Ryan_Lee for creating the number plate :thumbsup:

0rHizIK.jpg

fIGBxuv.jpg

yHj6YyK.jpg

6lKzA15.jpg

er5quYE.jpg

fxGaBvM.jpg

They are nothing special by any stretch of the imagination, but for my very first attempt at creating a custom skin I do not think they are too bad... may I present the liveries for the RedShift Racing and BlueShift Racing cars! :D

20180719203205_1.jpg
20180720191841_1.jpg

Attachments

• 20180719202321_1.jpg
    20180719202321_1.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 242
  • 20180719202343_1.jpg
    20180719202343_1.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 255
  • 20180719202407_1.jpg
    20180719202407_1.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 228
  • 20180719202523_1.jpg
    20180719202523_1.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 241
  • 20180719202533_1.jpg
    20180719202533_1.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 239
  • 20180719202621_1.jpg
    20180719202621_1.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 245
  • 20180719203230_1.jpg
    20180719203230_1.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 245
  • 20180720191713_1.jpg
    20180720191713_1.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 252
Hi Frans

How do you change the tires (manufactor)?

I'm afraid you can't.

The tyre textures are locked into the MAS files within the mod, and those are encrypted.

I did manage once to extract the DDS files from a MAS file for the URD DTM mod. Replaced them with the correct Hankook DDS tyre textures (and windscreens) and then resaved it. However you could no longer join any server with multiplayer as the files no longer matched. Also the textures are copied across to all the cars not just yours. Admittedly though I didn't take it much further than that.

It's not like Assetto Corsa whereby you can create DDS files with the texture names and those replace the files in-game, or like AMS for example whereby you can replace with the same texture file located in the main games MAS file. Although again, it will change the tyres on all the cars not just yours.

Hi Frans

How do you change the tires (manufactor)?
You have to change the GENSTRING in the .veh file for the car; one of the numbers will represent the tyre brand. Unfortunately for the new cars, such as the Ferrari 458 and Corvette C7.R, there is no documentation on the EnduRacers website, as there is for the Aston Martin and BMW, but there are comments included in the .veh files for all of the cars to explain what the parameters and numbers mean.

You can find .veh files for your chosen car in the "<manufacturer_name>_teams.mas" file, which can be found in the "<rF2_install_dir/Installed/Vehicles/ER_Endurance_Series_rF2/2.00" directory. Open the .mas file using the MAS2 tool, and extract one of the .veh files to use as your template (it does not matter which one - fundamentally they will be the same). Find the GENSTRING parameter, and edit this accordingly - for the Ferrari the tyre brand is represented by the first number, and a comment is included to specify the available options.

Include the .veh file in the .mas file containing your .dds files so that you can test your custom livery, including any of the options specified in the .veh file, as a whole. The .veh and .mas files must have the same name, and contain the string "alt" for testing purposes (as is always the case when testing custom liveries).

I hope this helps! :)

You have to change the GENSTRING in the .veh file for the car; one of the numbers will represent the tyre brand. Unfortunately for the new cars, such as the Ferrari 458 and Corvette C7.R, there is no documentation on the EnduRacers website, as there is for the Aston Martin and BMW, but there are comments included in the .veh files for all of the cars to explain what the parameters and numbers mean.

You can find .veh files for your chosen car in the "<manufacturer_name>_teams.mas" file, which can be found in the "<rF2_install_dir/Installed/Vehicles/ER_Endurance_Series_rF2/2.00" directory. Open the .mas file using the MAS2 tool, and extract one of the .veh files to use as your template (it does not matter which one - fundamentally they will be the same). Find the GENSTRING parameter, and edit this accordingly - for the Ferrari the tyre brand is represented by the first number, and a comment is included to specify the available options.

Include the .veh file in the .mas file containing your .dds files so that you can test your custom livery, including any of the options specified in the .veh file, as a whole. The .veh and .mas files must have the same name, and contain the string "alt" for testing purposes (as is always the case when testing custom liveries).

Cool, you learn something everyday :thumbsup: although I suppose this applies in the case of tyres supplied with the mod rather than custom designed ones? Similar to the VEH files in AMS, in that case it was wheel colour.

My apologies I think my mindset was more along the lines of custom made textures rather than changing the sidewall via the VEH file :)

Cool, you learn something everyday :thumbsup: although I suppose this applies in the case of tyres supplied with the mod rather than custom designed ones?
I'm glad to be of service! :p

That is correct, you can only select tyres that are included as part of the pack, for the car - it is not possible to design your own tyres as far as I'm aware, at least for the EnduRacers Endurance Series cars because, as you have rightly said, the .mas files are encrypted. :rolleyes: You can also change wheel colours in exactly the same way for the Endurance Series cars. :thumbsup:

My apologies I think my mindset was more along the lines of custom made textures rather than changing the sidewall via the VEH file :)
No need to apologise - the confusion is understandable. :giggle:

Thanks Daiman

Just what i needed.

How can I edit the crystals and the banner in the back window in the Ferrari?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back