2018 McLaren livery...

It's been revealed:
DWtb3YgWsAAouvV.jpg:large

I don't think I have ever seen an uglier F1 car (in terms of livery)...

• Deleted member 387850

I'm a fan of papaya orange and it's great to see it on a McLaren again. I think they needed a change from the outgoing livery as it was meant to mark a new era and instead ended up being a false start. But what's with the blue?! To me it looks very out of place and I can only imagine it being there because they've managed to scoop an as yet unannounced sponsor who has a connection to that colour? The only other reason I can think of is they were worried about sponsor logos not looking prominent enough against the orange, but if that's the case why not just make the wings black? Either way, I'm sure Ron "Mr. Grey" Dennis* is spitting feathers at that paint job :D

* no, not that Mr. Grey

• Deleted member 387850

Is the blue any connection to Alonso's United Autosports drive at Daytona? Alonso's new helmet design is also predominantly blue with red/white/blue stripes like the United livery. Perhaps I'm reading too much into this :D

imsa-daytona-january-testing-2018-fernando-alonso-united-autosports-leaves-the-pits.jpg

I like the livery.
Very much.

Was a bit unsure about the blue at first, wondering how they thought of that color, but it firs suprisingly well.

Normally i dont like blue and orange conbinations but this looks good.
Only sad that they did not put black nunbers on a white circle, that would have looked fantastic on this clean, almost sponsorless car.

They had blue wings in the late 60s/early 70s, that's were the blue comes from afaik
1200px-1971_Peter_Gethin%2C_McLaren.jpg
New to me, thanks. Always thought that it was black. Never looked too closely and even on this picture it could be mistaken for black (i mean, the tarmac basically has the same color here. Or a similar tone)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back