2018 IndyCar Indy 500

I'm hoping for a safe an exciting race! I'm not sure how closely the cars will be able to run with the Universal Aero Kit, but we will see. The cars sure look good with the new kit, and it's fair to say they're the prettiest top-tier open wheelers.

Omg,have the ipad on my pillow streaming,wake up with around 12 to go and see Will Power go all the way to win.

What a weekend for Australia,Danny and Will!!!

You beauty!

The new aerokit really needs to be re-evaluated properly for next season. Yes, some "interesting" moves, but most drivers to me seemed to crash just without being to blame for.
I personally like the fact that the cars have to rely on driver skill more than they did in the past. This is more like the cars were back in the C.A.R.T. days. They can't rely on aero to allow them to skate through. Combine this with the fact that there will be a large horsepower increase several years from now, and you're going to have a very difficult car to drive. I'm all in favor of that.:)

Needs more power, my opinion.

The needs to remove throttle on the corners is very fun. But, the draft on straights is just a few, and the turbulence on corners remove all the aero grip. The cars are still relying on aero grip. When the aero grip is out, the cars cant do the corners closely to each other. More power will make more drafting on straights.

Also, I saw some pilots using the third gear on corners. Generaly the pilots were using the fourth gear on corners. Put only 4 gears for ovals like this, put the races more similar to what was on the past without change gears a lot.

A half or a complete degree more on the rear wing can make races better too.

Needs more power, my opinion.

About 100-150 more HP is coming with the new engines in a couple years, estimated to put them near 850-900hp. :thumbsup:

When the aero grip is out, the cars cant do the corners closely to each other.

Don't tell Alexander Rossi that! :p

https://twitter.com/IMS/status/1001478280288096256

Also, I saw some pilots using the third gear on corners. Generaly the pilots were using the fourth gear on corners. Put only 4 gears for ovals like this, put the races more similar to what was on the past without change gears a lot.

Drivers run different gear ratios, so third gear in one car could be similar to fourth gear in another car.

A half or a complete degree more on the rear wing can make races better too.

They were pretty much running full downforce already on that tiny little rear wing, nothing left to add to it. This new body kit at full downforce is pretty similar to the previous body kit at minimum downforce, according to the drivers.

Here's a couple videos I made from my time at the track. First one is from Carb Day (final practice before the race, and also has the Indy Lights race), second is from race day. Also a little karting video, Speedway Indoor Karting is across the street and owned by Sarah Fisher (former IndyCar driver) and they brought the karts over and set up a little course in the infield midway, mega fun.

Yeah, simracer beats out karting noob!

I always watch the race and just like a basketball game the last bit is where it's all at.

There is something wrong with the cars that so many took themselves out when they weren't expecting.

There is something wrong with the cars that so many took themselves out when they weren't expecting.

I would prefer to think it was driver error, pushing the limit too far, or not preparing adequately for corner entry. With the exception of Takuma Sato, all of the crashes were one driver making a mistake on a corner. Several of the crashes (Like Bourdais) were likely caused by dirty air and suddenly loss of front wing. I think Sato's crash could have been avoided if the spotter managed to get him lower on the track to avoid the slow-moving Davison.

What I want to know is whether IndyCar has wheel tethers. Just watch what happened to Sage Karam:
The crash itself is at around 0:40 in the video.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back