2018 Formula One French Grand Prix

Grosjean is a moron.

Where are the Grand Stands?

f1-french-gp-2018-rain-pours-down-on-an-empty-track-below-a-light-gantry.jpg

f1-french-gp-2018-kimi-raikkonen-ferrari-sf71h.jpg

top.jpg
Nice pics, but on television, they look far away from the track, when you can see them... The place looks empty and silent, like it's in the middle of nowhere. Anybody knows the attendance figures?

The track is awful, a real backwards step for F1's new owners. It's a painted car park, which makes it ideal for testing, but truly awful for racing.

It's a baffling addition to the calendar. Magny Cours, I assume, is not up to F1 standard.

I will be skipping this race tomorrow, first race I have deliberately skipped since 1992.

Magny Cours was a crap track. As for Paul Ricard, it was redesigned by Tilke as a test track, ergo the awful painting in the runoff areas. At least, that's what Tilke said yesterday on SKY TV. It does look awful on TV.

F1 is probably the category where are more important the potential of the car & less the driver skills, but what Leclerc are doing with that Sauber is amazing, hope see him in a truly competitive car soon

That's what happens when you try to change a perfectly decent test track far from everything where only a handful of people have to get to in a venue where tens of thousands of people are trying to get to 1 entrance (yes 1) from a normal double lane road in the hills.

Brillant plan.

I hope that it will stay like that and that they will change nothing for one week. Some people had an issue and some not.
A decent test track...lol. You don't know your basics, verstappen syndrome.

Magny Cours was a crap track. As for Paul Ricard, it was redesigned by Tilke as a test track, ergo the awful painting in the runoff areas. At least, that's what Tilke said yesterday on SKY TV. It does look awful on TV.
I saw this interview and found Tilke a little bit off. The design has not changed except a few chicanes and the stripes. This is what Tilke called redesigned? Nothing compared to Hockenheim.
Circuit-paul-ricard-3.jpg

By the way this tracks has been used for cars, trucks and bike probably hundred times before Tilke does something, if he really did.

in 1970, no stands
Classic-Courses-Circuit-Paul-Ricard-Parc-concurrent-jour-inauguration-@-DR-1024x742.jpg

JP Beltoise who helped for the design

Classic-Courses-Circuit-Paul-Ricard-Pygmee_beltoise@DR.jpg

With stands

Classic-Courses-Circuit-Paul-Ricard-Stands-@DR.jpg

First bouchons

Classic-Courses-Circuit-Paul-Ricard-Jour-G-en-piste-@DR.jpg

First GP 1971
Classic-Courses-Circuit-Paul-Ricard-Affiche-GP-France-1971-@DR.jpg

Classic-Courses-Circuit-Paul-Ricard-GP-France-1971-@DR-1024x869.jpg

Thanks to https://www.classiccourses.fr/

Last edited:
Next year they will stay at home or start at 7 AM.

I hope that they will not bork the landscape with a highway for a bunch of morons one time a year.
It is the same story since 1970 and no one complained.
Twitter era, morons era.

25000 people arrived at 10 AM on the track.

First race stands at 9:30 AM.

Last edited:
Vettel had some great moves on ericsson, grosjean , leclerc and magnussen(and also will have a similar great move on kimi soon) while bottas couldn't do it!

Warning! Are you a Stoll fanboy, do NOT read any further!

Can somebody PLEASE take Stroll from the grid?? He is a ****ing HAZARD on the circuit.
Damn...

Great win for Lewis, but man if there was any race that highlights how powerful the Ferrari is this year...Vettel plowed through the field from the back in no time at all.

I saw this interview and find Tilke a little bit off. The design has not changed except a few chicanes and the stripes. This is what Tilke called redesigned? Nothing compare to Hockenheim.
Circuit-paul-ricard-3.jpg

By the way this tracks has been used for cars, trucks and bike probably hundred times before Tilke do something, if he really did.

in 1970, no stands
Classic-Courses-Circuit-Paul-Ricard-Parc-concurrent-jour-inauguration-@-DR-1024x742.jpg

JP Beltoise who helped for the design

Classic-Courses-Circuit-Paul-Ricard-Pygmee_beltoise@DR.jpg

With stands

Classic-Courses-Circuit-Paul-Ricard-Stands-@DR.jpg

First bouchons

Classic-Courses-Circuit-Paul-Ricard-Jour-G-en-piste-@DR.jpg

First GP 1971
Classic-Courses-Circuit-Paul-Ricard-Affiche-GP-France-1971-@DR.jpg

Classic-Courses-Circuit-Paul-Ricard-GP-France-1971-@DR-1024x869.jpg

Thanks to https://www.classiccourses.fr/

Great pictures!! Thank you!!:thumbsup:

Latest News