2018 Formula One French Grand Prix

I am speaking my mind here

I have checked twice on this the only France FIA Grade 1 circuits are, Paul Ricard and Magny-Cours, forget Le Mans both the sh**ty little Bugatti Circuit is a Grade 2 as for the big Circuit de la Sarthe thats a Grade 2 as well and its got 60 pit boxes so there really isnt any point going there unless they did what Le Mans does and put F1, F2 and F3 out there then it could do it but the speeds would be vastly different....

Horrible, I hate all those painted bright blue pink colored lines, it is distracting from cars. Although I like this track much more than, say Magny-Cours, but this cartoonish appearance is horrible.

Something tells me you're going dislike Austin and Abu Dhabi, too.

Never liked the track in any racing sim, nor IRL.

However, in the very first MotoGP game for PS2, I liked it. That might be due to it being the single race in that game where John Kocinski on the Kanemoto Honda was any good.

Its not fair cause the mecedeseses and the Ferrarisisis have a special button and Max has no button. So i say: " Button is gone" but Max cries "I WANT BUTTON" so i call Button i say: Max wants to push you and Button says "hell NO". What to do huh?

I think the track is great to drive, in games anyway, but this is going to be absolute dog****. There are maybe two turns where F1 can overtake here. Having the drs front straight follow a tight turn won't allow any passing there, just like how Barcelona's last chicane cuts off any passing on the front.

Any Grosjean fans care to explain his crash?....Tomorrows race should be exciting ...Hoping to see side by side action , got high hopes for this track.

The layout seems ok, but the runoff areas are so wide that it creates a "ghost town" feeling... Where are the spectators? After Montreal and Monaco, where the grandstands are close to the action, this feels empty... Also, the first race at a new track is usually boring. Remember the first Russian GP?

Grosjean is a moron.

Where are the Grand Stands?

f1-french-gp-2018-rain-pours-down-on-an-empty-track-below-a-light-gantry.jpg

f1-french-gp-2018-kimi-raikkonen-ferrari-sf71h.jpg

top.jpg

Last edited:
The track is awful, a real backwards step for F1's new owners. It's a painted car park, which makes it ideal for testing, but truly awful for racing.

It's a baffling addition to the calendar. Magny Cours, I assume, is not up to F1 standard.

I will be skipping this race tomorrow, first race I have deliberately skipped since 1992.

This track is fantastic in fact, made by pilots for pilots. Very pleasant to race and the light is incredible.

f1-french-gp-2018-fernando-alonso-mclaren-mcl33.jpg

f1-french-gp-2018-pierre-gasly-toro-rosso-str13.jpg

According to the smile of pilots and teams in the paddock it's gone again for a long time now.

Not bad track - no spa or suzuka but there are some nice sweeping bends and stuff.
Why not chuck some awesome gravel down on some of those big tarmac hardstandings though.. would be a lot better.

Qual highlights:
Brilliant 8th for laclerk, and some superb laps by hamilton - new engine helping a lot no doubt.

• Deleted member 205301

don't know who is "Laclerk" , but yeah, He was impressive (a bit sad for Gasly, Grosjean...and Ocon too ....hum...yeah, i'm french^^)
For me it's so strange to see tribunes (not sure it's the right word) ...Makes me feel bad to not be there :(
(and yeah, the layout is really good, but, as others F1 tracks, it's looking like a supermarket parking.....)
@++

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years