2018 Formula One Chinese Grand Prix

Haha...who only looses points in a childish way. Serious? You are blind or something
How is that a joke? On his debut in F1 he smashed Vettel and snatched 3rd place in the championship. Everytime Redbull gives him a competitive car that doesn't die he gets a podium or valuable points!! Even though he has a team mate like Verstappen who only looses points in a childish way and gets promoted more often!! Wait until Bottas or Kimi get sacked and you will say hello to a new usual champion!

Max is almost faster the Ricardo.. we talking about 2 races...that Max was not comfortable

Good race.
Felt a bit sorry for Bottas in the end but if somebody else had to win it, I'm glad it was Daniel.
I just like the guys personality, ability and 'grit'.
To think that at the start of qualifying his car was on high-stands and it looked like he wasn't even going to get a lap in.
RBR absolutely 'mugged' Mercedes and Ferrari with that pit-stop call.
Had Max not gotten over zealous, it would most certainly have been an RBR 1/2.

Last edited:
The last 2 incidents should humble Max a bit....props to Riccardo on sending one on Lewis from on the straight, same straight with Max couldn't make stick on Vettel with fresh tires.

Riccardo also showed Bottas what he should have done to Vettel at Bahrain "Lick the stamp and Send it"

Not sure why Raikkonen is being such a sacrificial lamb soo early but he's not complaining so it's all good.

Overall good race.

Imho, it's about time pitting under a safety car or virtual safety car was banned, don't get me wrong I enjoyed todays race and i'm happy for Riccardo, i'm glad Vettel didn't win, but he was again a victim of MIM (Mad Immature Max), I'd just like to see a fair race where only racing/overtaking and standard pitting makes a difference, instead of pitting under safety car strokes of luck.

not going to happen , this is about entertainment and viewers numbers, not about sportsmanship. only reason i can see why they keep verstappen going nearly unchallenged: he's always good for a surprise, and a surprise is always good for ratings. also makes sense to have him in a fast car quickly, that way his "surprises" mix up the top five, wouldn't be half as interesting to hit ocon with a torro rosso in a similar situation.

That was quite a messy race for some...
Glad that RBR finally got the win after a castastrophic weekend. It must have felt great over taking the sitting ducks left and right after slapping on those softs. The biggest loser is Vettel this weekend (losing points to Ham.). The best overtaker of the day is Daniel. The T-boner of the day is Max. The best strategist of the day is RBR.

And you are wrong.

Gasly explained that they planed to swap their positions at this corner precisely.
Now explain me why Hartley has behaved like that.

Post race explanations? I'm sure some people take them for granted right away cause it pushes their narrative. Reading other posts you have made you seem a tad on the emotional side, so I'm not going to pursue this discussion as it's clear your point will remain your point no matter what has been said.

• Deleted member 113561

When Vettel has a race ban... next year to put his car into lewis

Serious?
What are you talking about? Maybe you should spread your nonsense somewhere else ...

Just unbelievable you think different then Vettel does, oh yes you are a great simracer, who knows!:poop::poop:
So everyone must have the same opinion as Vettel? :poop::poop::poop:

Never, F1 is all about politic today.
There are Drivers who have a strong political support...And drivers.
Yes sadly...
Can be very well seen if some decision is against Red Bull or Ferrari, both are crying and threatening ...

Wow what a race, turned it off at around lap 15 as it was kind of a bore fest, then I wake up to this....

First of all, Ricciardo's overtakes and execution are the most exciting I've seen in a long time in F1. Insane reads by him, they are aggressive but fair in some weird way. After placing his car for the overtake, his position is undeniable there's consistency in his movement from that point and it allows other drivers to make clear decisions about the placement of the cars on the track. Mad respect to him, key decisions by RedBull and executed mercilessly by Ricciardo, full marks.

Max, needs to make better shot calls. His decision making for these key moments is really poor. He said it best in the interview, he maybe wants too much too soon and it has bit him in a big way these past two races. Embarrassing race for him, I feel like there's a big lesson for him to learn from this. He looked visibly messed up in the interview, I hope he takes a lot away from this weekend. He was the reason for RedBull missing a 1/2 podium placement. It's shitty when you **** up and screw yourself like this with a golden opportunity, but all the ppl working on your car, your team... don't forget you screw them too and that's harder to swallow.

Bottas, def looked on for the win. I agree with the debacle surrounding the debris on track. But such is race direction, the chips did not fall well for him and Vettel. Wheel is round, next time it may fall in their favor and not for others. Sterling drive for him to undercut Vettel.

Ferrari, poor show. They really are not hiding their hand with how the use Kimi. He's obviously got pace, why do it this way. Although, this has always been the Ferrari, way. I think there's a better way to manage this, I hope they find it, this does not look good for them, from a Ferrari fan.

Awesome race, not expecting a lot from Baku, but then I didnt from this either.

Ferrari once again completely messed up the strategy. From all teams they definitely have by far the worst strategists in their paddock. That's what you get when Italian "La Familia" nepotism is applied :rolleyes:...
Red Bull the complete opposite, brilliant strategy and deserved race win. Ricciardo is just a gem..i hope he gets a car capable of winning the Championship soon

Max is fast, but at this moment he is not in his "flow", has nothing to do with not smart enough!
Niki Lauda stated:
"Max is fully to blame for the accident. Seems like reason doesn't get through to him. You normally rise with your mistakes. But he's getting ever smaller. In this case it also seems to be a question of intelligence."

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 362 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 503 39.0%