2018 Formula One British Grand Prix

What a huge ego does that Hamilton have, but what a driver. Great to see Vettel on first, love that competition on top. And yes, a bit of a shame, Max failing to finish. But hey, you can't take them all.

Great race! Nice battles, we needed some accidents to get it going in the middle stint.
Lewis and his powerhorse from the back of the field to P2 is my DOTD.
Sorry for Max he had to retire with gearbox issue what apperently also caused that spin.

Edit: after Max' interview it became clear it was not a gearbox issue but a brake by wire failure. Already during the start in famous turn 3 and then popped up again at the end just before he spun around.

Last edited:
He didn’t complain. Your opinions seem biased.

He just said it was "interesting tactics", which is pretty silly of him. He does have the tendency to act like that.

But it was a great drive from him and from Vettel as well. Vettel was absolutely flawless and took a very deserved win.

Great race! Nice battles, we needed some accidents to get it going in the middle stint.
Lewis and his powerhorse from the back of the field to P2 is my DOTD.
Sorry for Max he had to retire with gearbox issue what apperently also caused that spin.
The problem was the ‘break by wire’ system, which caused his first spin. After that the gear box issue occurred. Max got a warning on his dashboard of the ‘break by wire’ system already in the first few laps of the race.

The race also showed how much less power the Renault engine has, compared to Mercedes and Ferrari. But a Honda next year is most probably not going to solve that issue.:(

The problem was the ‘break by wire’ system, which caused his first spin. After that the gear box issue occurred. Max got a warning on his dashboard of the ‘break by wire’ system already in the first few laps of the race.

The race also showed how much less power the Renault engine has, compared to Mercedes and Ferrari. But a Honda next year is most probably not going to solve that issue.:(
Yep thx! I already edited my previous post. Max was not so happy with his "Formule 2" car vs Mercedes & Ferrari.

Here also the on board with Max. Thanks to Van Gameren :thumbsup:

Mercedes should be really careful with their comments/accusations, in my opinion they crossed the line in France already.

9ba77d7da73b49e272f0e32358ed120c.png

1ac195caf3420572ff598569d191a8d5.png

Edit: Just seen some of the Channel 4 post race comments. No words.

Last edited:
What a huge ego does that Hamilton have, but what a driver. Great to see Vettel on first, love that competition on top. And yes, a bit of a shame, Max failing to finish. But hey, you can't take them all.
What a dickhead Ham is, using this to Max. Max is more a man then Ham is, spoiled ego tripper, with one of the best cars under his ass! Overtaking 10 slow cars, so what a racer he is!:poop:

What a dickhead Ham is, using this to Max. Max is more a man then Ham is, spoiled ego tripper, with one of the best cars under his ass! Overtaking 10 slow cars, so what a racer he is!:poop:

I'm not sure how I should take your reply, but let me try. All drivers in F1 are ego trippers, all. If they aren't already, they will become due to the huge attention (BTW: same goes for pro-football, soccer, tennis, cycling etc) they get. Some can hide it pretty well, others just don't even try.

And about his car, you can have the best car in the field, if you are a bad driver, it won't bring you anywhere. As we are on a sim-racing forum, I think we all had that experience, sooner or later.

Having that said, I'm not a fan of Hamilton, nor am I a fan of Max per se. I'm just a fan of the sport.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back