2018 Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

You talk nonsens, and beleve it your self!:(

What nonsense idiot?? Daniel ( with fresh tires) was gaining 2 seconds per lap on Max( on very old tires). In 4 laps only, Daniel unsurprisingly closes the gap from nearly 10seconds down to 1,5 seconds, and out of the blue on the next lap Max is gaining 0,5 seconds???
Go see the replay cause Daniel gained all that advantage before Max caught Bottas!
No doubt there were team orders to deny Daniel the podium.
Straight after Daniel leaves the pit all commentators said and evryone saw that the pace was enough to reach Bottas or even overtake him.
Don't forget it took only 4 laps for Daniel to catch them!!! No lockups and no premature tire degradation whatsoever!!!
Dont forget we are not talking about Crashtappen who locks up and bangs wheels as an hobby...we are talking about the best driver in F1 Daniel Ric who makes clean overtakes and follows the sports rules and conduct!!!

Last edited:
Already looking forward to next season. At least Daniel and Max wil be driving for different teams next year, so hopefully these F1 threads on RD won’t be filled again with 50% hate posts and we can have a normal and civil discussion here again.

I hope both Renault and Honda will have an engine that can compete wih Mercedes and Ferrari. I would like to see more drivers fighting for a podium than only 6 (Perez was the only exception this year). Also let’s hope Leclerc can handle the extra pressure driving for Ferrari, because I think he can give Vettel a run for his money.

Although I like Daniel , it made sense for the team to support Max on the championship standings Max was 2 points away from 3rd so from a team perspective not much to gain in letting them battle when they know it could easily end in tears. Just the way it goes.
Next year will be the same it's not going to automatically change... But it will be most intresting with the new driver pairings
Vettel and Charles
Gasly and Max
Ricardo and hulkenberg
Robert and George
Lando and Sainz

I'll be shocked if 2019 champion is anyone but Lewis. He's at the top of his game and, for whatever reason, F1 in the 21st century has been prone to one team dominating. Mercedes gives no indication whatsoever that they will fall out of form...likewise, none of the other teams seem to be on the road to solving their issues and competing on a consistent basis.

Depressing thoughts, but just calling it as I see it.

I'll be shocked if 2019 champion is anyone but Lewis. He's at the top of his game and, for whatever reason, F1 in the 21st century has been prone to one team dominating. Mercedes gives no indication whatsoever that they will fall out of form...likewise, none of the other teams seem to be on the road to solving their issues and competing on a consistent basis.

Depressing thoughts, but just calling it as I see it.
Dominating Mercedes? Valtteri Bottas finished 5th in the Championship.

If only Daniel had the chance to join Mercedes back in the beggining of 2018 season....we would have had him as Champion instead of this joke run for Redbull.
Next year hopefully Honda will drag Redbull to the back of the grid:)

What nonsense idiot?? Daniel ( with fresh tires) was gaining 2 seconds per lap on Max( on very old tires). In 4 laps only, Daniel unsurprisingly closes the gap from nearly 10seconds down to 1,5 seconds, and out of the blue on the next lap Max is gaining 0,5 seconds???
Go see the replay cause Daniel gained all that advantage before Max caught Bottas!
No doubt there were team orders to deny Daniel the podium.
Straight after Daniel leaves the pit all commentators said and evryone saw that the pace was enough to reach Bottas or even overtake him.
Don't forget it took only 4 laps for Daniel to catch them!!! No lockups and no premature tire degradation whatsoever!!!
Dont forget we are not talking about Crashtappen who locks up and bangs wheels as an hobby...we are talking about the best driver in F1 Daniel Ric who makes clean overtakes and follows the sports rules and conduct!!!
Don't want to be named an Idiot!

Go watch the race again dude.
Daniel was on Max tail at the same time Max got close to Bottas!!!
In that moment Redbull ordered Daniel to back off so he could enjoy the so called "slow ride".
It has been like that ever since Monaco.
I don't need to, as radio to Ric was great at that moment. "Max and Bottas are 10s up the road, they are fighting. You'll join the party soon." (maybe not exact quote) :D
It was I think in the lap when Bottas cut the track. Then in next 2 laps Ricc closed down, and after that Max overtook Bottas and he could drive on his own pace not being slowed down by Merc. After that, I confess I didn't hear RB radio message about leaving Max 3rd, but as it was said, it was normal to do it if you can gain something in championship.

As for race, it was surprisingly good, Liberty taking care even to get some rain there.:roflmao: Lewis, drove that car like it was made for him. It is like Schumacher and Ferrari, Vettel and RB, they were all like a part of the car. Not just a driver. Leclerc at the start, fantastic, to bad for strategy and then getting stuck behind Gasly and Alonso. Vettel drove that Ferrari to the max yesterday. Kimi with bad luck in last race :( RB showing they both are great.

Just look points and you will perhaps understand that if Max was able to overtake Seb he could finish to 3th place in drivers championship.
But on the other hand, I can’t imagine Ricciardo wouldn’t fight Verstappen for that third place. My perception of the race was that catching up wasn’t really a big issue. But to pass and keep the tyres alive seemed to be the big issue. For sure I would have enjoyed to see Ricciardo taking a last podium for Red Bull. And if there were teamorders, I would give Horner and co the finger and just go for that third place if I would’ve been in Ricciardo’s shoes. In the end I really think his tyres were too much gone to really go for it.

And for sure I hope to see a lot more competition for WDC and WCC than the usual three we’ve seen the past almost decade. And what we’ve seen from Sauber this year, their progress... If they continue this way they sure will have a fair chance on at least driving more into the top 10 and under the right conditions they could even have sight on podium.

But with the mix of old and new breed I forsee some possible firework taking place on track next year. Can’t wait!

848eaa50a9e0c0fc0c565b7b530372ac.jpg

cfe70fde71c55ed6e4e909242c9c6cc3.jpg

Guys, once and for all:

Ricciardo couldn't possibly f@cked up his tires in 4 laps.

Max reached Bottas at the same time Daniel caught Max.

In the same lap both got rid of Bottas, Daniel stops gaining 2s and starts losing 0,5s to Max.

Max tires had nearly 30laps, Daniel tires had 5 laps only.

Max kept on gaining distance despite banging wheels and having gone multiple times to dirty parts of the circuit.

Daniel had the perfect car/tires combination to pass Max with no trouble even without DRS.

...so whoever denies this facts is just non reliable or a Crashtappen Fanboy.

Some think Ricciardo allways got a secondhand rbr, and now he got the fastest and best? So what is it?
Some don’t seem to understand that if you get into beastmode right after your pitstop, the tyres get wasted in no-time because of extreme heat build-up and thus have abnormal degradation. Certainly in conditions like Abu Dhabi. If one really would listen to what drivers says about their gripes about current tyres they would know... ;)

And some are just so busy hating they tend to forget reading what you (me in this case) actually say. Namely: I favored Ricciardo over Verstappen for the podium. But I seek for facts and not imaginary conspiracy acts against one or another. Because fact: no team orders where given and Ricciardo was cheered on that he was catching up and could join the party. Thus effectively saying, go and get them.

That’s a whole other message than Hamiltons bitch Bottas regularly gets. :roflmao:

Some think Ricciardo allways got a secondhand rbr, and now he got the fastest and best? So what is it?

The fact is that Ricciardo is way better than Max and needs to be stoped at any cost.
Ric has allways outperformed Max in even conditions. Max needs to push people off track banging wheels and bitch crying for help all the time.
You guys are blind and really anoying Max fanboys! Believers with no manners and with no future. Sad clawns who know nothing about F1.
I have years of experience in the field and I don't just hear what the media throws out, I know the politics behind the showbiz.
Anyways you're just hoppeless and not worth my time.
I m done here. Bye

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back