2018 Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

to get (as usual the most discussed part of these threads) the topic of verstappen away: moves on ocon were ballsy, hard and maybe a bit ambitious, but they made it work and after brazil i wasn't suprised to see max give ocon some elbows. move on bottas was clean and amazing, no question. those who say he turned into bottas need a mindcheck because they're both steering left, with max going a bit straight to not cut the corner, and bottas going for a much tighter angle trying to shut the door while max was still there. bottas at fault, end of story

now that is out of the way: haven't seen yas marina being this enjoyable since like ever? midfield battles getting plenty of airtime, and vandoorne on worn tyres having a 3-way battle and coming out on top was one of the highlights, finally showing the racecraft i haven't seen him show since joining f1. leclerc doing amazing, just unlucky with strategy. drivers making mistakes, going for overtakes, and donuts at the end :thumbsup:

Interesting that Hulkenburg wasn't able to extract himself from the cockpit until the car was flipped back onto its wheels, this is the only negative Ive seen with the halo, thankfully F1 cars don't go wheels up very often.

Nice farewell to Alonso. It was great to see him making donuts together with Lewis and Sebastian and being part of the interviews on the straight at the finish. I hope Fernando is able to achieve his goal.. win the Triple Crown. He will be missed in F1!

I hope he comes back ... but I can't see it . By the time he's done his adventures elsewhere he's going to be too old . Like Martin Brundle said , the only way I see him making a comeback is if a new team starts up and invites him to develop their car for them ( like Schuey did with Mercedes ) .

Epic Alonso. Finished his F1 career with a three point penalty on his license for multiple times cutting turn 8/9 at Abu Dhabi at the end of the race.

This cult hero leaves the F1 Arena!

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/v...l_race/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

And another cult hero, Kubica, returns. :thumbsup:

113 days until Australia. In the meantime, chill, relax and watch the F1 2018 season highlights compilations coming in the next days.

Can anybody explain why Daniel was much quicker than Max, closing the gap on him from 10s to 1s in 4 laps with 12 laps remaining and ends up 3 seconds behind him?
As soon as Daniel came out of the pits the tv commentators saw the pace was enough to reach/catch Bottas, meaning Daniel should have reached 2nd place with Valteris problems!!!
I can try if you want... Ric had new SS and Max got stuck for 3 laps behind Bottas who drove his own track. :roflmao: In those few laps Ric got to Max and then they both got past Bottas. After that it was simple choice to get Max ahead because of the championship. F1 is business, and that‘s all that matters to all of them. It was also expected if Kimi stayed in race and Ham-Bot 1-2, that Lewis gives it to Bottas because of championship

I can try if you want... Ric had new SS and Max got stuck for 3 laps behind Bottas who drove his own track. :roflmao: In those few laps Ric got to Max and then they both got past Bottas. After that it was simple choice to get Max ahead because of the championship. F1 is business, and that‘s all that matters to all of them. It was also expected if Kimi stayed in race and Ham-Bot 1-2, that Lewis gives it to Bottas because of championship

Go watch the race again dude.
Daniel was on Max tail at the same time Max got close to Bottas!!!
In that moment Redbull ordered Daniel to back off so he could enjoy the so called "slow ride".
It has been like that ever since Monaco.
The best driver got screwed by it's own team in order to promote the young arrogant selfish kid.... Money talks papa Jos, uncle Helmut and the lepercon Horner smile!! Just hope to see this family sofocate next year on Honda smoke!!!

Last edited:
What's happened to Ferrari voices on this forum. . I know most sim racers grow up loving Red and previously on this forum Ferrari are always top the polls.
You guys quit watching F1?

RD, Can we have a poll please:)

Go watch the race again dude.
Daniel was on Max tail at the same time Max got close to Bottas!!!
In that moment Redbull ordered Daniel to back off so he could enjoy the so called "slow ride".
It has been like that ever since Monaco.
The best driver got screwed by it's own team in order to promote the young arrogant selfish kid.... Money talks papa Jos, uncle Helmut and the lepercon Horner smile!! Just hope to see this family sofocate next year on Honda smoke!!!
You talk nonsens, and beleve it your self!:(

What's happened to Ferrari voices on this forum. . I know most sim racers grow up loving Red and previously on this forum Ferrari are always top the polls.
You guys quit watching F1?

RD, Can we have a poll please:)

Nothing much to say tbh. Vettel did well, a shame for Kimi and can't wait for Leclerc in red next year.

All in all, I quite enjoyed this race knowing it's Abu Dhabi - which normally is a snoozefest. Max showed his pace again, using elbows every now and then but no harm done. Sauber risky tactic with Charles on P4 which didn't work out that well and Vandoorne showing his racecraft.

Looking forward to Formula E and pre season testing.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 91 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%