2018 FIA WTCR Coming to RaceRoom Next Update!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
WTCR RaceRoom Cupra 1.jpg

Sector3 Studios have revealed a new set of preview images from the upcoming WTCR 2018 DLC for RaceRoom Racing Experience... welcome the lovely Cupra TCR...

Confirmed to be coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience as part of the next build update for the simulation, the 2018 FIA WTCR set of cars will be the first inclusion of TCR machinery to the title and marks a continuation of the long standing relationship between RaceRoom / Sector3 / SimBin and Eurosport events, starting all the way back with the legendary Race videogame and more recently with the 2013, 14, 15, 16 and 2017 seasons of the FIA World Touring Car Championship in R3E.

Expected to contain all the cars and teams of from the current season of rebranded FIA WTCR, the new pack doesn't yet have an official launch date, although in traditional Sector3 style I'm sure we can expect it... soon... !

Check out the previews from the upcoming Cupra below:

WTCR RaceRoom Cupra 2.jpg
WTCR RaceRoom Cupra 3.jpg
WTCR RaceRoom Cupra 4.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation from Sector3 Studios.

If you like RaceRoom and want to keep up to date with all the latest news and discussions, head on over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum. We host a whole range of top quality club racing events in our Racing Club, plus we offer a great place to hang out and discuss the game with your fellow R3E fans. Pop over and say hello today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Looking forward to the WTCR car set DLC for RaceRoom? Which car are you most looking forward to trying? Let us know in the comments section below!

DLC, DLC, DLC, money, money, money

Yea its shocking that a free game would need to charge us anything for extra content. You would think the developers would just work for free. Crazy world we live when someone wants to be compensated for their work and when car manufacturer charges them for their car licenses and use of likeness and expect us to pay the bill.

You can buy all content for less than Pcars 1 and 2 cost and they are still developing RR, new graphics engine coming, new UI and competitive system in a game are still coming. I guess by your comments you think all should be free or they just shouldn't add anything new so you don't feel left out when you can't afford? Work on having some perspective going forward. If you don't have the money then just get what you need. Maybe get AC or rf2 so you can get as much free content as you want from modders. Just because you can't afford a DLC or VR doesn't mean they don't have value or they are gimmick. You don't have to badmouth things just because you can't have them, it shows poor character. Having respect and value for others work and jobs will take you alot further than complaining and bad mouthing in every other post.

I wish R3E would finish the core game first instead of releasing one DLC after another. I started in 2013 and have already spent 100+€ and still playing a beta...

The game is meant to be modular and constantly changing. Not unlike iRacing and, possibly, ACC. These sort of games that are considered done, tend to be left out to dry. Look at the F1 series.

Great news! I've been waiting for this release for a long time. The touring cars and GT cars are what Simbin/Sector 3 excels at. I think they should concentrate on these types of cars and not bother with single seaters, which they don't seem to have a feel for.

So how's the weather down there? I played raceroom I think more than a year ago, but only the free contents. The free contents are meh, also the free racers. Anyways, regardless of graphics, physics, FFB, and pricing... How's the racing there? At any given time, how many racers are there online?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 237 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.3%