2018 FIA WTCR Coming to RaceRoom Next Update!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
WTCR RaceRoom Cupra 1.jpg

Sector3 Studios have revealed a new set of preview images from the upcoming WTCR 2018 DLC for RaceRoom Racing Experience... welcome the lovely Cupra TCR...

Confirmed to be coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience as part of the next build update for the simulation, the 2018 FIA WTCR set of cars will be the first inclusion of TCR machinery to the title and marks a continuation of the long standing relationship between RaceRoom / Sector3 / SimBin and Eurosport events, starting all the way back with the legendary Race videogame and more recently with the 2013, 14, 15, 16 and 2017 seasons of the FIA World Touring Car Championship in R3E.

Expected to contain all the cars and teams of from the current season of rebranded FIA WTCR, the new pack doesn't yet have an official launch date, although in traditional Sector3 style I'm sure we can expect it... soon... !

Check out the previews from the upcoming Cupra below:

WTCR RaceRoom Cupra 2.jpg
WTCR RaceRoom Cupra 3.jpg
WTCR RaceRoom Cupra 4.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation from Sector3 Studios.

If you like RaceRoom and want to keep up to date with all the latest news and discussions, head on over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum. We host a whole range of top quality club racing events in our Racing Club, plus we offer a great place to hang out and discuss the game with your fellow R3E fans. Pop over and say hello today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Looking forward to the WTCR car set DLC for RaceRoom? Which car are you most looking forward to trying? Let us know in the comments section below!

I don't care if its a beta, i don't care if its not the most populated sim, i don't care if its more expensive from most of other sims yet.
I care about my favorite sim to move forward, to add more to the game every month, and this is moving forward and evolving, new cars new brands new series and fixing the old ones and the same excitement to feel every bump, every curb, every touch with other cars and don't go spinning like you got hit from a thunder, and doing all of that with that sweet and amazing sound...
So please Sector3 keep doing what you doing and take my money, so i can enjoy my hobby.
That Cupra looks amazing by the way :D

And this is going to everyone's favorite sim.

I wish R3E would finish the core game first instead of releasing one DLC after another. I started in 2013 and have already spent 100+€ and still playing a beta...

As well as a race simmer I'm also a flight simmer. DCS World is very much what RRE sounds like, perpetually in beta, whilst they pump out DLC (at extortionate prices I might add), expecting you to cough up your hard earned whilst they tinker around the edges of a base game that is far from finished.

It got so bad recently that they released a Normandy 1944 map, and a Spitfire, at a total cost of around £100ish for both, then released a patch that ended up with said brand new content being unplayable for a lot of users.

Yet they still had the temerity to push for people to buy the new content, even though it was likely they wouldn't be able to use the new content to any acceptable degree until the next patch which was likely to be weeks down the linel!!

Seems to be a popular business model these days.

i won't buy anything else from Raceroom until their promised online structure comes in.

it's not just raceroom, i won't be buying any games dlc etc until they start realising we want organised online racing, too many devs are just pushing out dlc after dlc after dlc and without any worthwhile online system why would i buy it? to look at the car?

i won't buy anything else from Raceroom until their promised online structure comes in.

it's not just raceroom, i won't be buying any games dlc etc until they start realising we want organised online racing, too many devs are just pushing out dlc after dlc after dlc and without any worthwhile online system why would i buy it? to look at the car?

With SRS there is structured online-racing and IMO i'm not looking for anything else than this, but the plugin should work like in AC with an ingame-browser and far less stress to set it up and run races. In two of three recent races i got disconnects because the service seems too popular for the servers, while Raceroom runs many empty severs that could be used for a better purpose.

Yay! TCR is currently used in STCC, so now I can play STCC-cars on STCC-tracks again for the first time since Race07! The Cupra is even used by the best team in STCC right now, PWR Racing. Really hope they bring the rest, including the mean-looking VW
VW-dealer-team.jpg
When was the last time they released a skinpack for one of their packs? It won't feature anything other than WTCR. Got tired of waiting for them to do anything with their license, I made my own with all entries.
rfactor2018-07-2616-2gufgk.jpg

i won't be buying any games dlc etc until they start realising we want organised online racing, too many devs are just pushing out dlc after dlc after dlc and without any worthwhile online system why would i buy it?

Ever heard of a community called RaceDepartment? They offer organised online racing every day of the week. You should check them out! ;)

I do agree though that it would be nice if they do bit more of a career mode, with more proper rules per series, some cutscenes and what not :)
so that it feels less like a hot lapping / single race simulator

Yeah, I can't remember the exact reasoning why, but I always felt it was shame they got rid of the season experience sections of the game. It was a turn key way of doing a DTM, WTCC season with minimum fuss, it wasn't taking up much HD space so I would of just left it in.

think i'll just stick to iracing for multiplayer until some other dev pulls their finger out

There is no difference between RD and iRacing, they both require a membership and they both fulfill what you are asking for, the only difficulty is time zone and I fully understand why our US members for example prefer iRacing.

However what you are asking for is difficult. Why? Because you will not get it for free. Any game developer who would have to spend time and energy putting together a team to create leagues and races, to setup servers, to monitor online behavior would not be for gratis.

So if Raceroom/ACC/RF2, etc. said "ok we now have organised online races and championships but it will cost you $10 a month" would you pay it?

So many people in this hobby want everything for nothing (I'm not aiming that at you BTW, I'm just saying people can be like that and it becomes a bit tiresome after a while).

There are online leagues setup by enthusiasts that are for free but most of them can struggle for attendance and also require donations to keep them going (something I have done to help out). I have done online leagues where you can have up to 40 drivers registered but less than half of that even turn up for each race.

Everyone's situation is different. I can't afford iRacing, sorry it's too expensive for me but I can understand your view and respect it :)

too bad there is no Skoda TCR :(
Yet! Becoming more and more popular with manufacturers and cheap enough for private teams. already several other cars wild carding. If I'm not mistaken JF mentioned they'd already modelled one car that didn't make the start of the season, so expect one more car than's running in the series currently. Only short of a couple tracks from WTCR, few more for STCC but you never know. Actually looking forward to these and not so much because I enjoy driving them, FWD :thumbsdown:, yet they are just so good to race in :thumbsup:, most enjoyable races in RD have been in one variant or another of the WTCC cars, always close, real knack in preserving tyres til the free for all at the end of the race, a simple car that takes real craft to race and win in, fair shout to those that do, usually crawling around come the last couple laps myself, with a rather red glow on my face, reflected off my dash. Slowly getting better but gawd knows how you're supposed to maintain any speed whilst doing it. :O_o: One thing is for sure, they will look, sound and drive superbly, what's not to like?

Missing out big time. Several friendly hosting sites out there, all full of nice, knowledgeable, like minded souls who just want to race and not one of them hold you to ransom. ;)

unfortunately leagues aren't really an option for me, i do shift work so the ability to just jump into a race anytime of day that iracing offers is perfect

There is no difference between RD and iRacing, they both require a membership and they both fulfill what you are asking for, the only difficulty is time zone and I fully understand why our US members for example prefer iRacing.

However what you are asking for is difficult. Why? Because you will not get it for free. Any game developer who would have to spend time and energy putting together a team to create leagues and races, to setup servers, to monitor online behavior would not be for gratis.

So if Raceroom/ACC/RF2, etc. said "ok we now have organised online races and championships but it will cost you $10 a month" would you pay it?

So many people in this hobby want everything for nothing (I'm not aiming that at you BTW, I'm just saying people can be like that and it becomes a bit tiresome after a while).

There are online leagues setup by enthusiasts that are for free but most of them can struggle for attendance and also require donations to keep them going (something I have done to help out). I have done online leagues where you can have up to 40 drivers registered but less than half of that even turn up for each race.

Everyone's situation is different. I can't afford iRacing, sorry it's too expensive for me but I can understand your view and respect it :)
There is actually quite big difference how both work. In iRacing you can join a race (in general) hourly, which means whenever it suits you. For some it doesn't matter, for others it's a big factor.

There is actually quite big difference how both work. In iRacing you can join a race (in general) hourly, which means whenever it suits you. For some it doesn't matter, for others it's a big factor.

Yeah, that was my point about time zone differences and what's available at the time so yes what works for some won't work for others and I understand that :)

With my work schedule I can only really do a few races a week and iRacing was costing me too much to continue, but I can totally understand why it's become the go-to place for many sim racers.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%