2018 24 Hours of Le Mans - LMGTE PRO Preview

I think this is going to be a very hard fought category this year. Having said that, I think for the last few years the battle in GTE and GTE AM is always pretty intense.

The Astons by the looks of it will get a BoP break as they are 15mph down on the others (I think that was the figure).

I'm going to guess that Porsche may well win it this year. The car looks fast and they just have this knack of getting everything right for this race. They will be pushed by the Fords for sure though.

I agree though the political nature is a real shame. It's one of the reasons why I enjoy Blancpain so much. Yes there are still politics of course but with the absence of factory teams the atmosphere is just so much better and everyone get's on with it and races hard and races fair.

I'm not knocking GTE I'm just saying it's interesting how things become when factories become involved.

GTE-AM will also be hard fought. You could argue this is traditional Le Mans racing, gentleman drivers have always been part of the race. Favorite for me is probably the Aston (only because it's pretty rock solid), providing again that they don't get mixed up in anything.

yup yup. not to mention they have all the Blancpain series stuff, as well as Aussie Supercars and tons of other racing content.

True that ... but in fairness, we have to mention that there is no IMSA, NASCAR or Indy, which I find a little odd because unlike Road & Track for instance, Motor Trend Magazine traditionally has always been VERY American in it's content.

No matter ... I don't much care about NASCAR or Indy. But I am VERY put out that I can't have IMSA TV because some commercial entanglement with the cable providers makes it very unafordable.

Last edited:
True that ... but in fairness, we have to mention that there is no IMSA, NASCAR or Indy, which I find a little odd because unlike Road & Track for instance, Motor Trend Magazine traditionally has always been VERY American in it's content.

No matter ... I don't much care about NASCAR or Indy. But I am VERY put out that I can't have IMSA TV because some commercial entanglement with the cable providers makes it very unafordable.

Yup. IMSA is moving to NBC/NBC Sports next year, so hopefully its better than the god awful Fox coverage... but I'll just continue to use my VPN to get IMSA.tv streams.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%