2017 RD Touring Car Championship (Automobilista)

Discussion in 'RD Touring Car Championship' started by Chris, Mar 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean

Sean
    Premium

Ratings:
    +262
    Are you going to try using only the 4G for the race?

2. Matt

Matt

Ratings:
    +412
    sorry, can't race tonight. In the ER at hospital with my daughter in pain. Sorry I didn't use the template, on my phone and can't copy it.

• Sad Sad x 1
  3. Chris

Chris
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,994
    Oh crap, I hope she's okay mate! Best wishes man!

4. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,006
    Sorry to read that, I hope she gets better soon! Take care.

5. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot
    SpeedyMite Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +408
    Hey has anything changed since this afternoon? I get a srs mismatch for some reason and can't join. I was on the server earlier today. And I do have the updated bathurst track

6. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot

Ratings:
    +408
    Never mind I deleted my old version and reinstalled it which has worked

7. Matt

Matt

Ratings:
    +412
    Docs have given her the all clear, had a massive gas bubble in her intestines pushing on nerves. Happy that its nothing major but a little sad I missed Bathurst

• Love Love x 2
  8. Dave Milton

Dave Milton

Ratings:
    +20
    Yep
    You will be fine Nick, got plenty of racing to do yet !

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot

Ratings:
    +408
    Good to hear mate, always worrying when it's your kid that's in some bother

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Chris

Chris

Ratings:
    +5,994
    Well that was just about the worst night of simracing I've ever had the displeasure of partaking. :(

But more importantly, congratulations @Jamie on being the Drivers Champion for Season 11 of the RaceDepartment Touring Car Championship! Well deserved mate, it couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke! You drove brilliantly all season! You've come such a long way since you started simracing, I remember you being 4 seconds off the pace. But a few years later and many thousands of laps, and here you are: A RaceDepartment Champion!

Big thank you to my team mate @Michael Stead for helping the Roaring Pipes Maniacs secure the Teams Championship! (@Bram), that was our goal for the season, so to achieve it in such a competitive field is an awesome achievement!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Chris

Chris

Ratings:
    +5,994
  12. Fred Locklear

Fred Locklear
    Moving bollard Premium

Ratings:
    +758
    Apologies to @Steve Le Gallez and anyone else who was involved in the last turn mess in the first lap of R2. I was too worried about the pair that went off at the Chase (and gained time by going through the grass?) that I totally forgot about you in front of me :(. Karma got back at me and I nearly terminally damaged my car on the next to last lap.

Congrats @Jamie for the league win!

• Love Love x 1
  13. Nick Milton

Nick Milton
    Premium

Ratings:
    +301
    Well done Jamie, and thanks for drive.
    First race jumped start just ever so slightly, then couldn't work out the drive through or stop go, I stopped , twice, then again for drive through but was too late, DQ.

Great fun though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  14. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot

Ratings:
    +408
    Congrats @Jamie on a well deserved championship!

Been an interesting championship for me. Started off pretty poorly then built up until I was 6th before I put my back out on Brands Hatch night which slipped me back to 12th. Did my best to get some more points at bathurst with an 8th and a 9th so I'm not sure where I've ended up. All in all much better than I thought.

It's been a well fought, clean league by all. Top stuff.

Thanks @Chris for organising, a lot of work behind the scenes but at least it wasn't as much as in Assetto lol

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,006
    Congrats @Jamie :thumbsup: Glad to see you as a champion, well done!

Thanks a lot for the league @Chris Really well organized and lots of fun. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  16. Otune

Otune

Ratings:
    +385
    A bit of a nightmare season for me. Didn't really have the time to put in the practice that these cars really needed.

Congrats to @Jamie on the championship, you were so quick all season :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  17. Chris

Chris

Ratings:
    +5,994
    Oh and a massive congrats to @Shaun.A on winning both races tonight! Great effort!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  18. Fred Locklear

Fred Locklear
    Moving bollard Premium

Ratings:
    +758
    Now that I have gotten the apologies out of the way...

Morning didn't start out well for me. Was going to hop on for some extra practice before the official start and AMS wouldn't load. I just got a black screen. Tried several times and then rebooted several times, rechecked dynhud and whatever....nothing. (I hadn't loaded the sim up since the update).

After a bit of investigation, I found the culprit. The cats had chewed through the ethernet cable to my desktop....but I was still connected through a wifi dongle I randomly attached to my PC a couple of weeks ago (but signal wasn't enough for steam or ams(?). Luckily I had another 50' ethernet cable that I attached to the router about 3 rooms away...and it was just barely long enough to reach!

AMS started fine now, but I was 5 minutes into quali by this time. R1 was doing ok until I screwed up going through skyline. Dropped back a bit. R2, messed things up for others at the end of L1 for others, but sorta settled in a bit until I smacked the wall again through skyline at the end of the race and limped home. Had @Sam Smith behind me for a while and he decided to do some bumpercars with the draft going down conrod straight.That battle was kinda fun!

Loved the league, I'm slowly getting better, but Bathurst is still an Achilles' heel for me :(

• Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
  19. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis

Ratings:
    +259
    Thanks for all the races guys, much fun was had in all of them. Too bad I missed few but that's life I guess. Still amazed that the mountain didn't caused more death as it usually does even tho there was tight racing in both races.
    Again, thanks for championship, see you all around ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Chris

Chris

Ratings:
    +5,994
    You've had wretched luck all season, so to hear you say you still loved the league is awesome :)

Still can't believe you get up at ridiculous-o'clock to race with us :)
    We love ya Freddo :)

• Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.