:)

Gyfllrr.jpg

xJSxpF4.jpg

cmny2LP.jpg

Npdim3V.jpg

f2vfxse.jpg

PMuqIk7.jpg

4Vi1FRp.jpg

without imgur compression https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B414extKh9GreDVabXZzc0pkLUE

Well, I've enjoyed a lot some parts of the event, while some others were really bad so not sure what to think overall...:cautious:

On the plus side: nice to try once again to catch @Nick Milton, that was great fun! :inlove: The car was good and fun to drive on this track; thanks again @Jeremy Talbot for the great setup! :thumbsup: I don't think I have been that competitive before with this car.

On the minus side: french router obviously...:rolleyes: In quali I did not get a single lap without 2 or 3 small freezes. After restarting again everything warm up was fine; then got a freeze on lap 2, and the game crashed right away, bummer! First time I get this...
Really sorry to have been in @Jack's way in race 2, I have to apologize there, my fault: I tried to stay alongside @Matt and give him room in the last corner without realizing I was getting outside the groove! Lost grip and spun all by myself... Then in the end, I again made a mistake and lost momentum; we did not touch there but I obviously caused your spin...:redface:

Before my spin I was behind Matt with no chance to catch him, and in front of @Allan Ramsbottom: you were catching all lap long but I was able to pull away between T1 and T3, and overall our lap times were probably pretty close. That was fun, I was hoping to stay there till the end! :p

Thanks for this great league @Chris, I'm really enjoying it! :)

I'm with @alexSchmurtz ... thanks for your time and effort with the league @Chris. It's a pleasure to be a part of.
Great racing tonight from everyone. Super clean and competitive. I actually expected things to be a bit dicey here given how hard it was to overtake. It seems after watching the livestream there was a lot of close racing and no significant incidents.
I had a ball tonight. Biggest miracle was beating @Kevin Harris off the line in race 1. Couldn't believe that happened !!! Congrats on your race 2 victory.
Every lap of both races was super intense. There was so little margin between us all that any slight error was capitalised on straight away.
Thanks to all I raced around tonight @Stiggy @Michael Stead @Sam Smith @Chris @Shaun.A @Jeremy Talbot .... hard but fair and clean :thumbsup:
Great to see [USER=193642]@Nick Milton
back on track. Welcome back mate.
See you all at Brands.[/USER]

Last edited:
Ended up being a reasonable event for me :) In the start of race one I kept getting drafted leading into turn 3 so I lost a couple of places in the first few laps. I had a great fight with @KoshaPashkin for quite a few laps, we were back and forth many times. Beautiful and clean though :thumbsup: Finally managed to pass him and put some distance between us. I started to ever so slowly reduce the gap to @Fred Locklear but I was watching my mirrors at the same time as @Matt Le Gallez, who had spun earlier, was catching me. Stupidly got on the marbles at turn 4 (I think) and he got by with only 2 laps to go. It wasn't all bad however as it gave me reverse pole :laugh:

Race 2 I knew I was going to be in massive battle to stay anywhere near the top of the pack as the guys behind me were way quicker than me. Got off the line cleanly but didn't hold it for too long. First Matt got past, then @Kevin Harris, then @Chris ....I fought tooth and nail, and really enjoyed it tbh, but there was no way I was going to be able to hold them off. Managed to get back past @Sam Smith into 7th and for some reason managed to hold him behind me. Not sure if you had damage Sam? You were much quicker than I was for the event.

Like the others have said, Thanks for the event and the time and effort you put into these things @Chris. I can only imagine what goes on behind the scenes.

Your not going to believe it Jeremy but I actually saw a little puff of electrical smoke come from somewhere and a of course a burning smell. Couldn't tell if it was the pc, wheel, monitors or any other device. Called the pit crew in (she's telling me to turn off the computer! I'm saying just a few more minutes, she's saying I'm an idiot get offffff!)
The smell stuck around but nothing seemed to be affected so I carried on wondering what I'll put the fire out with if one flared up.
All that happened when we were battling. I was just happy the race finished :)
Turned out its my wheel that was smoking. Same ss this guy... https://www.reddit.com/r/AskElectronics/comments/66r2ye/capacitor_question/
Hopefully I'll just resolder a replacement capacitor in and everything will be fine.
Great racing all and it was a pleasure to have Nick to bounce setup ideas off. The whole 10 laps of practice before the race was just enough to get us up to speed :)

All good Glen:), your nephew's fund raiser is far more important mate, let nothing stand in the way of family, they are and should always be first. Hope you and your wife raise heaps for him.:D
I might be able to find a substitute, I have someone in mind but not 100% sure they can commit, will ask tonight and will let you know asap mate:thumbsup:
Cheers
@Andrew Scott
Fund raiser was a massive surprise, people are hugely generous, way more people than we could have possibly envisaged!
Congrats on a really solid showing last night (almost pole for the second race!) for the team.

@Andrew Scott
Fund raiser was a massive surprise, people are hugely generous, way more people than we could have possibly envisaged!
Congrats on a really solid showing last night (almost pole for the second race!) for the team.
That's awesome news Glen:thumbsup::thumbsup:, yes we Aussie's are generous when it's a worthy cause like your nephews, I hope he gets all the treatment he needs to overcome the problem:).

Yeah, Allan did a sterling job for his first races in the ARC and AMS, he was a little disappointed with his result in race one, but made ground in race 2, which could of gone better for me as well had I not lost it at the final turn end of lap 2:rolleyes::speechless:, but hey, I fought hard and got to 14th, which kinda compensated for my error, but still happy with the results.;):)
So now it's prepare for Brands hatch which will be more fast & furious racing, love the track long time favorite, hoping I can improve for the final 2 races:thumbsup:.
Cheers mate catch ya for some practice laps soon:D;)

Rounds 5 & 6
Unavailable, as mentioned before. I just won't be free to race
I will try to find a replacement driver if possible.

Congrats to @Casper and @Kevin Harris for the wins!

Very good results for the team this time around! When I joined the server I really didn't have any high hopes for the race....mainly because I seemed not to have the pace before today comparing times. My time was *ok*, but not a time I could do consistently.

At practice Kevin shared his setup and it definitely made a difference. It was only a minor tweak to front and rear ARB, but it allowed the car to be more responsive. The change in setup was responsible for a good 0.5 - 0.7s difference in laptimes than I did previously. Qualified 9th, but that is pretty good again considering the top 10 we have in the league!

R1: Crummy start. Had to fend off a few challenges from behind early, but survived. Gained a spot when Matt had an off. Thought I had a chance to catch up with @Sam Smith but I really was afraid to push things on a setup I wasn't fully comfortable with yet :).

R2: 3rd on the grid, but Kevin was 4th on the grid. @Matt Le Gallez who I knew had good pace was 2nd on the grid so I let Kevin go by so he could go get Matt before he could get a gap (I doubted I could battle for a high position with all the faster guys behind me. I hung in there for 3 or so laps and then my rear tire caught the grass out of the T2 exit and I had a snap spin. Luckily it wasn't so far off the track that I didn't end up in the back of the pack. Rejoined in P14 and I seemed to quickly gain back 4 of those spots. I then had a little battle with @KoshaPashkin and got by, but he kept me on my toes because any little mistake had him closing in quickly on me. Finished 9th in R2, probably where I would have finished even without my spin.

Hope you can fix your wheel mate! I suppose that's the SimRacing equivalent of a Honda ERS failure? :p
Ha ha yeah pretty much. I've totally pulled it apart. The little bit that needs replacing should be easy. But now I've decided to throw away all the plastic and strip it back to the essentials. The t500 is like a midget in a blow up sumo suit. The fan was on the way out so I'm also going to do that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%