2017 RD MINI Challenge | Round 4 - Silverstone

Discussion in 'RD MINI Challenge by Extreme Simracing' started by Bram Hengeveld, Jan 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Added to Calendar: 20-01-17
  1. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs
    SpeedyMite Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +989
    @Ross McGregor

[​IMG]

Amazing race, one of my all time favorites, unfortunately just didn't get it right coming out the chicane trying to defend and it was enough, but epic epic race long battle! Thanks Ross hopefully next round is just as close.

And congrats to my team mate @alexSchmurtz really good job mate!

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • Wow Wow x 1
  2. KoshaPashkin

KoshaPashkin
    Reiza Studios

Ratings:
    +179
    Dont worry @Thomas Hinss, its racing, all we do mistakes. Yeap, in Silverstone u can drive in different lines, I tried to brake early for a faster exit speed. About first contact in Stowe, its normal, it was little contact :) And my apologize to u, because I was angry for you all race :roflmao: I thought u hit me at the beginnig after Stowe, but on replay u left me enough space :thumbsup: There was another rocket :p No reports from me for this two incedents.

Was surprised to P3 in qual, it was not ideal lap. Next time I will be on the podium :rolleyes: See you next round :sneaky:

PS On pitstop I didnt change tyres, thought I can enable "god mode" for saving tyres, but they are gone :D

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs
    SpeedyMite Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +989
    So it's your fault then :p

Watched the broadcast, great job mate! Loved you being my inner monologue at the start, you pretty much nailed my thoughts LoL

• Like Like x 3
  4. KoshaPashkin

KoshaPashkin
    Reiza Studios

Ratings:
    +179
    :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Nox

Nox
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,325
    @KoshaPashkin always enjoy your post-race pictures, good job :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. PicoBp

PicoBp
    #26 | HSRC - Banzaaaiii Touring Car Crew Premium

Ratings:
    +594
    Just watched the stream, and I'm really disappointed with that dirty, full contact overtake by Ross on the last lap. It was such a nice and fair battle until that point. :(

• Angry Angry x 1
  7. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium

Ratings:
    +949
    I had been feeling terrible all week and wasn't even sure I'd make it last night. Luckily I had done last week's race so wasn't completely unprepared. Had an absolutely epic race with Shawn, the first half he was quicker and the second half I had the upper hand. We swapped positions many times and had some great side by side action. I was so tired by the end but managed to take advantage of Shawn making a mistake at the chicane and I luckily slipped underneath at the final turn.

Again, epic race with @Shawn Jacobs and an exciting broadcast.

Cheers all.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium

Ratings:
    +949
    So you're implying that I'm a dirty, unfair driver because I managed to undercut Shawn on the penultimate corner and while we were both going for the same piece of track and were fully alongside each other, we made contact?

Please explain further.

9. PicoBp

PicoBp
    #26 | HSRC - Banzaaaiii Touring Car Crew Premium

Ratings:
    +594
    I only stated the move was dirty, all due respect to your driving otherwise. But you punted Shawn off heavily and took advantage.

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
  10. Nox

Nox
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,325
    Okay, staff hat on before this becomes an argument. Let's not argue over incidents from the race please.

@PicoBp Tamas, if Shawn wants to contest the overtake, there is a reporting process he can use to have it looked at. End of story. He certainly didn't feel it was unfair when I interviewed him last night.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium

Ratings:
    +949
    Why would I want to? I was on the inside and had the advantage already- making contact would only slow me down and risk losing the position. Shawn was also trying to keep a tight line but I was already on the inside.

I really can't see how you can call this 'dirty', and it infuriates me that you're accusing me of this in public.

12. Nox

Nox
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,325
    @Ross McGregor pretty sure I just asked you both to stop, let's leave it there please.

13. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium

Ratings:
    +949
    Andrew, I'd written that reply before I had seen your message.

14. Nox

Nox
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,325
    Alright, thanks :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.