2017 RD MINI Challenge | Round 3 - Brands Hatch Indy

Discussion in 'RD MINI Challenge by Extreme Simracing' started by Bram Hengeveld, Dec 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Added to Calendar: 06-01-17
  1. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,963
    That was a race! Did my absolute best time at this track in quali, and got "only" 19th on the grid; everybody is really fast!

First part of the race was just awesome: battling with Bram, John, Steve Le Gallez felt like dream... There were my heroes and seemed uncatchable not so long ago! John had trouble but Steve just disappeared when things settled down, Bram was in front also, too bad that you had trouble! But that felt good while it lasted! :D

Apologies to @Dennis Phelan, really sorry for the big contact. I was gradually gaining on you and about to lap you, then one of us got lag I guess: I was behind your car, then all a sudden I was under your trunk! :redface: You got the worst of it, really sorry about that... Not sure what I could have done to avoid that, I did not feel any other lag issue for the whole race...
    EDIT: looks like we posted at he same time Dennis! I'm sorry too, I really think it has more to do with lags than our behaviors... :)

Thanks again to RD for organizing such a great league, see you in 2 weeks for next race guys! I have to watch the stream now... :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs
    SpeedyMite Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +989
    First of all, massive apologies to @Mike McGeer and @Dexter for running into the back of you heading into turn 1. Completely my fault, I didn't expect the braking at that point, but I should have been more alert.

Had a great run before that moment, tried to keep on Ross and managed to for a bit but then Nick started battling with me and Ross managed to break away, the battle with Nick was awesome, I had a ball and it was nice fair side by side racing on several occasions. I think from memory Nick got me right on the half way mark so I jumped in the pits and managed to get the jump back.

However Geoffrey and Franklin got the jump on me but thankfully I was able to get back by but then yeah made my screw up and crawled home in fifth without a front bar. All good though could have been much worse!

Congrats to @Ross McGregor for the win and the podiums to @Geoffrey Fournier and @DrSayers.

Also congrats @Franklin Stegink on 4th, the battle for 2nd in the championship will well and truely be on now!

And thank you for the kind words @Douglas Aird

Until next time! Cheers.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Thomas Hinss

Thomas Hinss
    Aussie Commentator and Writer

Ratings:
    +341
    Well that was a really fun race for me, a lot of battling through the race which was really hard fought but clean throughout :)

Quali was good enough for 8th, not the best but still there or thereabouts which was good.

For the race it seemed my pace in the opening twenty minutes or so wasn't the best, as I struggled to keep in touch with the top 7. Had a fantastic little battle with @Enzo Fazzi (which would go on all race essentially) and @Franklin Stegink, really tight stuff but still clean which was great :)

Once things settled down a bit I seemed to be just a touch off the pace, as I just about keep the battle for 6th in range. Once the battle commenced in earnest I was able to close in, with a lap car helping out as it held up Enzo and allowed us to recommence our battle. The battle that followed up until I pitted was just fantastic, very hard fought indeed but I thought we did a really good job of still keeping it clean. Though we held each other up by battling to me it was well worth it, one of the most intense and enjoyable battles I've had for a long time so big kudos to Enzo on that :)

Decided to pit just after half way in the hope of getting some clear air to possibly jump Enzo in the pits. Came out behind a couple of guys who hadn't pitted yet so made it a priority to get past them as soon as possible, managed to do so in the next few laps after the stop. With some clear air it was a much quieter section of the race for me, just trying to keep a consistent and quick pace so I could stay in the battle with Enzo and Tamas once they stopped.

Both of them stayed ahead in the pits, but with Tamas having to pit for the penalty I started the hunt to catch back up to Enzo once again. Finally caught up to him with just under fifteen minutes to go, once again we had a fantastic little tussle for position until I made the move stick. Kept pushing as I seemed to be catching a wounded @Shawn Jacobs at a rate of knots but had to settle for 6th in the end.

Solid points result which I'm happy with along with some epic battles so certainly a super race from my view :D Again a big shout out to Enzo for the battles, was just epic stuff :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Dexter

Dexter
    Dexter73

Ratings:
    +116
    I try to enter to pit... :)

5. Mike McGeer

Mike McGeer
    Premium

Ratings:
    +168
    That explains it I am sorry

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mike McGeer

Mike McGeer
    Premium

Ratings:
    +168
    All good, I had to slow down for the guy in front of me as his entry speed was way slower than us, caught me out as well.

• Like Like x 2
  7. KoshaPashkin

KoshaPashkin
    Reiza Studios

Ratings:
    +179
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 8
  8. PicoBp

PicoBp
    #26 | HSRC - Banzaaaiii Touring Car Crew Premium

Ratings:
    +594
    You fought me and forced me off my own line, or made me take avoiding action to avoid you hitting me for many laps (20+), it wasn't a single occasion of not letting me by. You behave similarly in club races as well, so I feel you don't even realize that your awareness on track is poor. Even though AMS has a pretty good spotter built in for such situations. Anyway, I'll let the stewards review the case, as I still don't feel I could calmly discuss this topic any deeper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.