2017 RD MINI Challenge | Round 2 - Snetterton

Discussion in 'RD MINI Challenge by Extreme Simracing' started by Bram Hengeveld, Dec 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sjaakiej

Sjaakiej

Ratings:
    +8
    Didn't got youtube notification but watching now.. good luck and have fun

2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,877
    I'm sorry and my apologies to all the drivers listening on TeamSpeak. The dogs, all seven, started barking when my wife came home early from work. I lost concentration, couple of places and then I saw that my little window in TS was lit and I knew the dogs were upsetting everyone. My mistake, I thought I had turned my mic off, even placed an earphone cup forward of my ear to remind me during the race. Obviously it didn't get turned off and I'm so sorry for any upset I caused to a driver due to that. I believe it's called a rage quit :mad:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Franklin Stegink

Franklin Stegink
    Premium

Ratings:
    +991
    Again a great race and fair play on track.

Place 4 was for me the maximum.
    The first three where to fast for me.

Thanks all and see you next time.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Geoffrey Fournier

Geoffrey Fournier

Ratings:
    +71
    So happy i was able to race tonight by being 3rd on the reserve list (last sign-up of the league).
    Qualy i did P3, close to P2, Ross was on another planet... Nothing we could do to beat him
    The start of the race was fun, i was able to be P2, but a screen freeze put me back in P3, then a nice fight with Shawn before i did a mistake.
    Thanks to a great pitstop, i was able to close the gap on Shawn and i passed him.

P2, i'm very happy with that, and so i'm able to help Ross for the team standing!
    Well done to him and all others finishers, was fun race! And hopefully i'll be back in the action for the nexts rounds :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thomas Hinss

Thomas Hinss
    Aussie Commentator and Writer

Ratings:
    +341
    Well I've definitely had better races but still, considering my struggles early on I'll take a 7th :)

Started off poorly by qualifying right in the mid field, as I wasn't able to get the best lap I could do done. Start was alright and basically held station in the first lap or so, but throughout the first twenty minutes of the race I was still adjusting to the brake pressure changes I had made after quali, hence my couple of offs in those early stages.

Just want to say an apology to @alexSchmurtz for the contact as I tried to pass, just locked up and once that happens (especially with these Mini's) there's not much that can be done to pull it up. Also an apology to @praxtonio for the touch as I passed, was trying to pull up the car but as I was still adjusting to the brakes a lock up put paid to that.

Anyway had some fantastic battles throughout the whole race, wasn't many quiet times for me which made it quite exciting. Continued getting more and more comfortable with the brakes as the race went on, so after the pit stop I found some good pace, starting to reel in the battling cars ahead. Managed to get a couple of cheeky passes done in the closing minutes of the race to secure 7th, so close to a top 5 but still some solid points taken from the race in the end :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  6. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,963
    No need to apologize @Thomas Hinss! I really took it has a racing incident when it happened! And you even waited for me, gentleman! But this was not a club race! :) I was mostly surprise to battle with you, I was rather expecting you to run away as usual... I hope I did not cause your off in the last turn a few corners later, I just saw you in my mirror?...

This track is really though! I did my best ever lap in practice; then of course I was slower in quali... Then John got in front of me at the last minute! But I got the position back at the first hairpin... :D I was pretty happy with my first laps, I got a few positions. Then lost them back as soon as the tyres started wearing! Middle part was more frustrating: pushing hard with no result. At least I did not make any big mistake. Gained some positions because some of you had trouble... Finally I met @Rob Milliken ! What a battle! Not a 100% great driving from my part.:whistling:, but that was fun! I can't believe that you go to work after that, I hope all went well!
    Quite happy to get in the points in the end. At least my teammate is not the only one scoring with his great podium, congrats @Shawn Jacobs :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs
    SpeedyMite Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +989
    Glad that race is over with :) very happen to have finished third, would have loved 2nd but Geoffrey was just that bit quicker then me and then I put it in the barrier at the end of the back straight. Was having a lot of fun up until that point, from there it was just survive and secure 3rd.

Ross was incredible, well done mate, brilliant start to the championship, you will be hard to beat but I'm not giving up quite yet :)

Great job to everyone who took part, and ts was brilliant as always, see you all at brands!

• Like Like x 4
  8. KoshaPashkin

KoshaPashkin
    Reiza Studios

Ratings:
    +179
    Stuck in traffic in qual and started 12th. Had nice start, but mistake in last corner on first lap and I am 14th...then some nice battles began,especially with @PicoBp and @Steve Le Gallez :thumbsup:

some shots ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
    • Love Love x 4
  9. Thomas Hinss

Thomas Hinss
    Aussie Commentator and Writer

Ratings:
    +341
    Nah man it's all g no fault from you or anything at all, I just went for the move and because I was still getting used to the changes I had made to the brake pressure I locked up :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium

Ratings:
    +949
    I really enjoy this version of Snetterton- having been there as spectator/photographer a couple of times it 'feels' right. (photographic evidence can be found here: www.facebook.com/rjmautosport :thumbsup:)

I hadn't practised as much for this one as Oulton, so I was surprised at the gap in qualifying. I just used the same setup, so I guess it worked better here. Also, I was happy Geoffrey made his debut and was able to get on the pace straight away. I knew from practise that he'd be quick, so it's good to see he could do it on race day too!

I made a few silly mistakes, but was able to build a gap as Geoffrey & Shawn battled away behind. I was also glad to see that the dynHUD bug wasn't there from the club event I did a while back!

Congrats to Shawn & Geoffrey on their podiums, and thanks for the great broadcast again guys.

Cheers,
    Ross

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.