Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMG Mercedes F1 2017 GT Sport 4.jpg

The 2017 FIA Formula One Drivers and Constructors Championship winning Mercedes AMG F1 W08 EQ Power+ is coming to Gran Turismo!

Confirmed today on social media by none other than Polyphony Digital head man Kazunori Yamauchi, the W08 2017 Formula One Mercedes is set to hit the PlayStation 4 racing title as part of the next big build update, expected to drop to in just seven days time.

Representing the first Formula One car of the modern era since arch rivals Ferrari were represented by the F10 back in Gran Turismo 5, the confirmation today is very big news indeed for the game, evidently coming together thanks to the strong links forged between Polyphony Digital, the FIA and Lewis Hamilton during the development of GT Sport.

Set to appear as part of a wider seven car pack that was teased by Kaz last week, expect plenty of excitement from fans of the game in what is a very prestigious licence agreement for GT Sport, and the represents the only official virtual rendition of a Mercedes Formula One car outside of the officially licenced Formula One games franchise.

AMG Mercedes F1 2017 GT Sport 1.jpg
AMG Mercedes F1 2017 GT Sport 2.jpg
AMG Mercedes F1 2017 GT Sport 3.jpg

GT Sport is available exclusively for Sony PlayStation 4.

Check out the Grand Turismo sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news from the hugely popular PlayStation 4 racing series.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Happy to see an officially licenced F1 car come to GT Sport? Could this be the start of a greater engagement by Mercedes in sim racing and racing games going forward? Let us know you thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
If they can **** up the sound of the V6 Turbos in F1 they will have a new level of dissapointment in the sound department.
Every car on gt sport have the sound of the straight cut gears maximized so much.

I think this is a GT/FORZA level only deal. No way we'll see this car in Iracing/Rfactor2/Assetto Corsa/ReizaNext
For what reason? I guess the greatest reason why the Mercedes is in GT Sport is that Hamilton is sponsored by GT. The other cars which became available in other games are the Ferrari in AC (because of the Ferrari/Kunos partnership), the Renault in Forza 7 (because the team is sponsored by Microsoft) and the Red Bull in The Crew 2 (because Ubisoft partnered up with Red Bull for that game). To be honest I don't see much of a “pecking order“ between game studios here, in my opinion the cars chosen were so for pragmatic marketing partnership reasons.

For what reason? I guess the greatest reason why the Mercedes is in GT Sport is that Hamilton is sponsored by GT. The other cars which became available in other games are the Ferrari in AC (because of the Ferrari/Kunos partnership), the Renault in Forza 7 (because the team is sponsored by Microsoft) and the Red Bull in The Crew 2 (because Ubisoft partnered up with Red Bull for that game). To be honest I don't see much of a “pecking order“ between game studios here, in my opinion the cars chosen were so for pragmatic marketing partnership reasons.
The only reason AC got ferrari cars was the amazing relationship they had. As for crew 2, well, like gt/forza, it's the AAA money speaking :) Which concludes my post: For what reason? For financial reasons. ANY license is up for grabs. If you have deep enough pockets or a very good relationship.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 289 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.3%