2017 Hungarian Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - VOTE NOW

My vote goes to:

Danil Kvyat

Just because he didn't hit nobody!!! He finish the race. I cannot talk more about him, because he was not in the news!!!

So, he gets my vote

I can't understand why someone would choose Kimi.
Vettel was faster than him and it was clear from 1st stint.
In 2nd Kimi was manage to get close but still Vettel had his steering issues, otherwise he would disappear again.

Alonso is my choice.

I am a bit shocked that people would vote for Hamilton after he gave back a place that he got served by his teammate, after he got the instruction by the race and strategy engineers. It was not his own desicion and Toto Wolffs reaction when that happened says alot tbh. For me it's easily Alonso - he showed how you overtake on this track and he just makes this very stale and clean sport alot more interesting to watch. He is just such a character, something that I miss alot these days. The sport needs more rockstars and not some whiney kids. Ferrari just played it clever so the win is deserved. I would have expected Kimi to make a move with his speed advantage but all the "team strategic" driving is killing it a bit.

In 2nd Kimi was manage to get close but still Vettel had his steering issues, otherwise he would disappear again.

Alonso is my choice.

Kimi would take 1st place today if the team allowed him to do so. They prefered to keep him in 2nd place defending Vettel from Mercedes.

It's a 3-way for me.
  • Vettel because I had a Logitech G25 that would tilt like that on the straights and it takes time to calibrate your brain to compensate for the issue while holding off your teammate.
  • Alonso because, well, Alonso.
  • And Paul Di Resta because for me this was the most exciting part of the entire weekend seeing him go from being nervous in quali to getting settled in quickly was a nice bit of reality entertainment. And getting some perspective from someone who's both articulate and hasn't been behind the wheel of an F1 car in a while, much less a modern one. Shame he couldn't finish but great to see the last-minute effort.

Alonso is my choice.
Yeah... everyone that has a brain sees that Kimi was much faster today, just Ferrari let Vettel win by using Kimi to defend againts the Mercedes, my driver is Kimi as he once again shows hes class, with Alonso close second.

A bit shocked kimi won driver of the day:confused:

1501423526565.jpg

Kimi would take 1st place today if the team allowed him to do so. They prefered to keep him in 2nd place defending Vettel from Mercedes.
If Vettel wouldn't had the issue there wouldn't be such need of strategy.
Kimi was slower with both cars at same condition and the 1st stint proves that. I am fun of Kimi always been but truth must be said.

A bit shocked kimi won driver of the day:confused:

I think in the UK media coverage Kimi went a little bit under, other channels pointed out the shitty deal he got, being forced by the Ferrari management to defend his position against 2 faster drivers for over 20 laps, but not being allowed to actually go fast or use DRS to it's full potential so he wouldn't overtake Vettel. Also "bad air", less downforce, worse tire management because of having to drive behind Vettel.

I bet he had done the fastest lap as well if Ferrari management had let him pass Vettel. Still can't believe Ferrari's idiotic plan worked out.

Still, respect for Alonso for an amazing race and of course Hamilton for letting Bottas pass again - sometimes I underestimate his character.

Alonso by far.

and if Mercedes are real competitors, so give McLaren a real PU.
Don't fear.

ps: and this Halo thing, it cannot be serious...
Jean todt ...please man, retire.
you 're the worst president FIA ever have.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years