2017 Formula One Spanish Grand Prix

good race to watch. Shaping up to be an interesting battle between two of the quickest drivers in the two best cars. LH did enough to deserve the victory today, who knows who'll win the next race. Great stuff.

Ferrari team incompetent as usual..slow mechanics, hilarious strategy. Bottled it for Vettel once again..Mercedes the contrary, perfect professionals.
Wehrlein driver of the day...insane drive. Finishing 7th with the worst car. Mercedes calling

Great race.
It's a shame that Williams chose to sink with that noob and unfit driver. Force India is taking all the benefit of that.
Renault you better hire Pascal Wehrlein in the place of (the ordeal) of Jolyon Palmer.

This:
nintchdbpict000323646708-e1494773070234.jpg

And this:
promo319037327.jpg

Yeah, it didn't really pan out in the race for Red Bull, although Verstappen didn't get to run and he's been the stronger driver so far... but they were a lot closer to the leaders in qualifying, I think.

Saw no evidence of that yesterday unfortunately, they seem further away than ever. Monaco should see them closer at least but only because of the nature of the track.
I think red bull is closer than the times in the race showed us.
If there's no way to stay close to Ferrari and Mercedes, and neither there's pressure from behind, why not put your car in cruise control to save engine parts etc for the rest of the season?

I think red bull is closer than the times in the race showed us.
If there's no way to stay close to Ferrari and Mercedes, and neither there's pressure from behind, why not put your car in cruise control to save engine parts etc for the rest of the season?
They were cruising from the start of the race then. They've been a major disappointment this season no question.

Red Bull is still behind but they turned the engine down very early in the race so not a true reflection of where they are at in terms of race pace.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-says-75-second-gap-in-spain-not-true-picture-906440/
Fair enough but if they are turning the engine down early in the race then they are clearly still nowhere near getting competitive which Horner himself admits with his quote "The pace to the front running cars was pretty significant, so we still have plenty to do"

My point still stands, they have been a major disappointment this season.

Last edited:
Fair enough but if they are turning the engine down early in the race then they are clearly still nowhere near getting competitive which Horner himself admits with his quote "The pace to the front running cars was pretty significant, so we still have plenty to do"

My point still stands, they have been a major disappointment this season.

I totally agree, Newey has dropped the ball on these new regs. Was the suspension that was banned integral to the car, could of been part of it. At the start of the season the Red Bull looked incredibly simplistic compared to Ferrari etc. Now they seem to be following the path of the incredibly complex barge boards etc used by the other teams. That being said they are still the third fastest team with a engine still in development.

So nobody is talking about the incredible race from PW. Holding off a Toro Rosso in a Sauber is way harder than against a Merc in a Ferrari.
Driver of the day, without a doubt. By far the best "Rookie" out there, when we disregard Verstappen. Showed it already numerous times, first in the Manor, now in the Sauber. Second car he is elevating in another sphere just by driver skill, something you only saw by Alonso the last 4 or 5 years. He will seriously challenge Lewis on race pace next year, something the Brit didn't see for many years.

Driver of the day, without a doubt. By far the best "Rookie" out there, when we disregard Verstappen. Showed it already numerous times, first in the Manor, now in the Sauber. Second car he is elevating in another sphere just by driver skill, something you only saw by Alonso the last 4 or 5 years. He will seriously challenge Lewis on race pace next year, something the Brit didn't see for many years.
I agree, if you can forget the difference in the cars. If you put HAM in a Sauber, where would his performance be compared to other midfield drivers?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back