2017 Formula One Italian Grand Prix

Quite a simple track which isn't very technical, but it's always good to watch monza. Hope they keep f1 there indefinitely.
Ferrari and merc look very close on outright pace on this simplest of layouts.:thumbsup:

The ferrari could be the best car under braking, and that will certainly help them here at monza.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 6919

Its quite farcical that F1 take a load of wet weather tyres to a GP, yet can't use them..It's abit like the so called best footballers in the world, are not aloud to be kicked..:whistling:

Quite a simple track which isn't very technical, but it's always good to watch monza. Hope they keep f1 there indefinitely.
Ferrari and merc look very close on outright pace on this simplest of layouts.:thumbsup:

The ferrari could be the best car under braking, and that will certainly help them here at monza.
I just wish we had the old Parabolica back though.. that used tho be a great challenge until they gave it the huge runoff. Both in the real and virtual world.

Well, that was worth the wait. Fantastic session :thumbsup:. Who would have thought Stroll would be right up the sharp end.. brilliant job. Hamilton once again showing when the rain comes he's in a class few can match.

Seriously amazed what Stroll was doing today. Epic result.

Still can't understand why sessions with rain get red flagged, but eventually it was worth the long wait.

The grid penalty system we have right now isn't good enough, we're seeing almost every team these days exploiting it knowing that the worst that can happen is a back row start (In Verstappen's case, he's still 14th after taking his penalties).

Makes me wonder if the solutions where grid penalties got carried over or you got a time penalty if you couldn't serve the entire penalty in one go were fairer. Of course, no-one likes to see a driver get screwed over by reliability, but whilst the F1 mission statement remains cost control and reliable power units, it seems weird to put a cap on power unit usage then make the punishment for not sticking to that a slap on the wrist.

Another Mercedes-led parade, ended up sleeping for a bit at one point during the race (but then again I'm pretty much sleep deprived). Not to mention Verstappen was stuck with the back-markers [sigh].

It was great to see Ricciardo go onto finish fourth and also see Vettel do a speech for the Tifosi though. Those were the only main highlights for me...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 266 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 176 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 178 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 131 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 235 13.5%