2017 Formula One British Grand Prix

Every. Single. Person. Everyone cheered and applauded as Alonso went fastest in Q1

I am a tifosi

This guy (Alonso) is a real pain in the ass, he's never happy, he's not gentle, not very respectful
But he's damn fast, a real person, godly skills,high commitment.
i've learned to respect Fernando Alonso through these years , i remember when he was fighting us in the 2000's, Michael was our god, and we all hate Alonso for sure.

When he joined us at the Scuderia Ferrari, we knew we have a warrior on track with him.
But the love story has short ended, not everyone is Michael.

that being said, yesterday when he jumped to pitlane for slicks, i thought , "no way, the session is over"
he passed the line two tenths before Q1 ending, and when i saw his name one lap later on the top of the list, P1....
that made me something i can't explained, like every one of you, and like everyone there on the track,i was standing up and applauded , and cheered like a retard.

this is what we called respect
give this guy a real car for godsake.

ps: excuse my english guys.

How many people will Vettel push off the edge of the track today?!

And yet when Max did it back his hand was straight up in the air. Except he didn't lose control and crash into the car next to him today :rolleyes:

Oh yes!! Vettel puncture! !! :confused::D

Vettel used all his luck up for the season at Baku. This was coming.

So reminiscent of 1991, when Nigel Mansell won with Senna having issues on the last lap that put a whole different complexion on the championship.

I'm not sure, however, we have a particularly exciting second half of the season ahead though, as currently Mercedes seem to be enjoying something of an advantage over Ferrarii.

Someone tell Marchionne that maybe it's Ferrari that's a 'laggard'..probably has been since 2008.

Well...I honestly thought Vettel's puncture was a downer. I can only hope Vettel can step up his game in the coming rounds, as I cannot stand another Mercedes driver winning WDC.

On the plus side Verstappen finally finishes a race with a decent position and Ricciardo is driver of the day, so there's a silver lining.

I'm not sure, however, we have a particularly exciting second half of the season ahead though, as currently Mercedes seem to be enjoying something of an advantage over Ferrarii.

Sorry, i can`t see that an advantage of Mercedes is good for exiting for the second half of the season...:confused:
This will lead only to much less real racing and increasing of the boredom in this days F1 Racing..

Like today, after the 5-6 Laps boredom starts, overtaking by undercut :sleep:. If there was no Pirelli producing explosive tyres... (When will they be kicked out of Italy? Because the tyres explode mostly on Ferraris:rolleyes:)

... but life can be good... same time WEC - and hey they are racing and battling every second. Especially the continous battle between LMP`s and GTE`s in their classes are - exciting! You only have to change the channel... ;)

I really really hope Mercedes dominance will be gone again. I don't want another season of Merc, Merc, Ferrari, Ferrari, one RB and then everything else again. Season would be boring like last years.

Sorry, i can`t see that an advantage of Mercedes is good for exiting for the second half of the season...:confused:
This will lead only to much less real racing and increasing of the boredom in this days F1 Racing..

Like today, after the 5-6 Laps boredom starts, overtaking by undercut :sleep:. If there was no Pirelli producing explosive tyres... (When will they be kicked out of Italy? Because the tyres explode mostly on Ferraris:rolleyes:)

... but life can be good... same time WEC - and hey they are racing and battling every second. Especially the continous battle between LMP`s and GTE`s in their classes are - exciting! You only have to change the channel... ;)
It's awesome here at the Ring! Hope you find the chance to attend this fantastic sport on site!

RACE - SUNDAY

Hamilton Makes it 5, Vettel Struggles But Retains Championship Lead

British Grand Prix Race.jpg

In yet another uninspiring viewing spectacle, Lewis Hamilton secured his record fifth home victory as a last minute issue for Ferrari closes the title fight.

Hamilton would never be challenged at the head of the field on Sunday afternoon, practically cruising around the Silverstone circuit on his way to a fifth British Grand Prix victory, in the process closing up to just a single point of championship leader Sebastian Vettel.

Vettel would provide good value on track throughout the race, often seen fighting tooth and nail with the Red Bull of Max Verstappen as he fought to land a place on the podium, an effort denied the German after a late race tyre delamination dropped the Ferrari down the field into an eventual 7th place, promoting Räikkönen back onto the podium following the Finn's earlier pitstop to avoid just the problem that befell Vettel.

The late race problems for a number of drivers would place right into the hands of an out of sorts Red Bull team, allowing the hard charging Max Verstappen to retain fourth position and the impressive Daniel Ricciardo to finish an eventual fifth place, up from his 19th place race start.

Another noteworthy performance would come from German Nico Hulkenberg, wrestling his uncompetitive Renault to his best result of the season in P6.
  1. Lewis Hamilton - Mercedes 51 1:21:27.430 25
  2. Valtteri Bottas - Mercedes 51 +14.063s 18
  3. Kimi Räikkönen - Ferrari 51 +36.570s 15
  4. Max Verstappen - Red Bull Racing TAG Heuer 51 +52.125s 12
  5. Daniel Ricciardo - Red Bull Racing TAG Heuer 51 +65.955s 10
  6. Nico Hulkenberg - Renault 51 +68.109s 8
  7. Sebastian Vettel - Ferrari 51 +93.989s 6
  8. Esteban Ocon - Force India Mercedes 50 +1 lap 4
  9. Sergio Perez - Force India Mercedes 50 +1 lap 2
  10. Felipe Massa - Williams Mercedes 50 +1 lap 1
  11. Stoffel Vandoorne - McLaren Honda 50 +1 lap 0
  12. Kevin Magnussen - Haas Ferrari 50 +1 lap 0
  13. Romain Grosjean - Haas Ferrari 50 +1 lap 0
  14. Marcus Ericsson - Sauber Ferrari 50 +1 lap 0
  15. Daniil Kvyat - Toro Rosso 50 +1 lap 0
  16. Lance Stroll - Williams Mercedes 50 +1 lap 0
  17. Pascal Wehrlein - Sauber Ferrari 50 +1 lap 0

DNF Fernando Alonso ALO McLaren Honda 32 DNF 0
DNF Carlos Sainz SAI Toro Rosso 0 DNF 0
DNF Jolyon Palmer PAL Renault 0 DNS 0

It's awesome here at the Ring! Hope you find the chance to attend this fantastic sport on site!

Oh, i watched lot of a endurance live at the Ring.

For example back 1991.
Lot´s of interesting young drivers on a Sauber C291 Frentzen, Wendlinger, and a very special one: Michael Schumacher. All people around said : "This guy is extreme fast. Perhaps he becomes sometime a Champion"... but no one ever thought of how dominating he later becomes. And those truly breath taking cars C291, XJR 14, 905, 787, 962, Spice and this cool Brun C91. Golden era...:)

Last edited:
Its not so much Vettel needing to stepping up his game rather than Mercedes out developing Ferrari... Bottas showed what the Merc is capable of today... Lewis was merely in cruise mode, I like to call it "Assetto Corsa-ing" Just lapping by yourself :p. Either way Lewis deserved the win. Put it on pole got an alright start and the win was his. Shame about Vettel and Raikkonen.

Its interesting to see the difference of a Hamilton won race and last years Rosberg won races... If Rosberg won a race leading all the way Singapore for example it would be classed as a fluke or Lewis's car was not setup right... But if Hamilton wins its a masterclass and a true example of the greatness. Not down with media bias either way. If Monaco was Merc instead of Ferrari Lewis would have been hailed with a brilliant drive to overtake Valtteri using his "raw talent" and speed. But when Vettel does it... Its just oh Ferrari team orders...

Difference between Merc and Ferrari to big now, wouldn't matter if you'd put Palmer in Hamiltons car now, i guess the driver championship is gone for Ferrari unless they conjure something out of their hat..with Spa and Monza coming up it's only going to get worse

RACE - SUNDAY

Hamilton Makes it 5, Vettel Struggles But Retains Championship Lead

View attachment 202024

In yet another uninspiring viewing spectacle, Lewis Hamilton secured his record fifth home victory as a last minute issue for Ferrari closes the title fight.

Hamilton would never be challenged at the head of the field on Sunday afternoon, practically cruising around the Silverstone circuit on his way to a fifth British Grand Prix victory, in the process closing up to just a single point of championship leader Sebastian Vettel.

Vettel would provide good value on track throughout the race, often seen fighting tooth and nail with the Red Bull of Max Verstappen as he fought to land a place on the podium, an effort denied the German after a late race tyre delamination dropped the Ferrari down the field into an eventual 7th place, promoting Räikkönen back onto the podium following the Finn's earlier pitstop to avoid just the problem that befell Vettel.

The late race problems for a number of drivers would place right into the hands of an out of sorts Red Bull team, allowing the hard charging Max Verstappen to retain fourth position and the impressive Daniel Ricciardo to finish an eventual fifth place, up from his 19th place race start.

Another noteworthy performance would come from German Nico Hulkenberg, wrestling his uncompetitive Renault to his best result of the season in P6.
  1. Lewis Hamilton - Mercedes 51 1:21:27.430 25
  2. Valtteri Bottas - Mercedes 51 +14.063s 18
  3. Kimi Räikkönen - Ferrari 51 +36.570s 15
  4. Max Verstappen - Red Bull Racing TAG Heuer 51 +52.125s 12
  5. Daniel Ricciardo - Red Bull Racing TAG Heuer 51 +65.955s 10
  6. Nico Hulkenberg - Renault 51 +68.109s 8
  7. Sebastian Vettel - Ferrari 51 +93.989s 6
  8. Esteban Ocon - Force India Mercedes 50 +1 lap 4
  9. Sergio Perez - Force India Mercedes 50 +1 lap 2
  10. Felipe Massa - Williams Mercedes 50 +1 lap 1
  11. Stoffel Vandoorne - McLaren Honda 50 +1 lap 0
  12. Kevin Magnussen - Haas Ferrari 50 +1 lap 0
  13. Romain Grosjean - Haas Ferrari 50 +1 lap 0
  14. Marcus Ericsson - Sauber Ferrari 50 +1 lap 0
  15. Daniil Kvyat - Toro Rosso 50 +1 lap 0
  16. Lance Stroll - Williams Mercedes 50 +1 lap 0
  17. Pascal Wehrlein - Sauber Ferrari 50 +1 lap 0

DNF Fernando Alonso ALO McLaren Honda 32 DNF 0
DNF Carlos Sainz SAI Toro Rosso 0 DNF 0
DNF Jolyon Palmer PAL Renault 0 DNS 0
Really Sad for Ferrari :(

I wouldn't be too disheartened. The Mercedes cars were built for this type of circuit and they just showed what an amazing car they've delivered.

When we get to the higher downforce circuits the Ferrari's will hopefully redress the balance. However I can imagine places like Spa will again favor the Mercs.

My only regret is Bottas not being up there. I was there on the Friday, and although Lewis was being tactical with his lap times (he kept backing off in the last sector) I think if we had both of them up there we may have had a bit more of a race.

I was reading some articles about the suspension on the Mercs and it's way more advanced than the other cars.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127638

What's interesting is they are almost "active" which is seriously clever!

From a Vettel fan, GG to Hamilton and Merc, they are the best currently. I think they have out-developed Ferrari pretty decisively. Great to see so many big talents fighting this season, the only shame I guess is the media is quite biased sometimes.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back