2017 Formula One Azerbaijan Grand Prix

I think charlie needs to go. He should have been out before bernie. But essentially charlie whiting is bernie with a rulebook. The stewarding has been totally laughable for the last 5 years. And it is not just the bad stewarding that charlie is doing. He is also the man who is in charge of track inspections. You can pretty much blame him for the stupid track limits debates we have to have for each race circuit.

He just needs to be gone. He is doing such a poor job that it makes the rules look like a joke. Bernie and charlie are both the same old guard that needs to be replaced.

Regardless of whether Hamilton was originally at fault (the BBC say no), Vettel should have been disciplined severely for swiping the Mercedes. An F1 car is extremely strong when coping with expected loads and forces, but a deliberate glancing blow from another car might weaken the suspension in a manner that is not immediately obvious. Both drivers would shortly thereafter attain speeds of 200 mph - a failure at that velocity could well be catastrophic.

A proper punishment for Vettel would have been a black flag and then a ban during which time he could thank his lucky stars that Hamilton finished safely.

19437610.jpg

Hamilton turned 2 times obviously into Rosberg and pushed him off track back the days. He didn't got a penalty after all. That's ridiculous. But that goes in-line with other recent stewart-decisions. F1 is really f*cked up these days.

Ah right. Are these proven facts, or just your opinion? Sorry, you didn't make it clear.

I think this will come back on Vettel. It's early days but he may, in the future, consider it to be the weekend when he lost the title.

If he hadn't rammed Hamilton, there's a win to Hamilton's 5th place. That's (excuse rough maths) a 26 point lead instead of the 14 point lead he now has.

Others can consider themselves unlucky they didn't win that race, Vettel can consider himself lucky to get 4th. If Vettel wants to use up all his luck to get 4th place finishes, he won't be in title contention for much longer.

Last edited:
Lol, it is crazy how many people think Vettels move was unsporting (was it was), but Hamiltons radio to the team, that they should Bottas slow down to block Vettel is much more unsporting. Lewis Hamilton is one of the unsporting drivers at the whole F1. He know exactly what he was doing at this corner. Schumacher got a penalty for braking during SC at Monaco, when Montoya hit him. And that move from Vettel was not so bad, they were pretty slow, and such things a very normal in Kartsport.

He know exactly what he was doing at this corner.

Yes, it is a fact that he did.

It is also a fact that you, and we, do not. However, there is telemetry that has been analysed and compared to telemetry from other restarts.

As has already been quoted in this thread, from the BBC, by Andrew Benson
The stewards examined data from his car and found that he had maintained a more or less constant speed, had not lifted off the throttle or braked, and had behaved no differently at that restart at that point on the track than at the other two restarts.

Vettel just made a mistake. In my opinion.

What I need as an Raikkonen, Bottas supporter, is to get the faster guys (Vet,Ham) to be and act like children more often. :)
For me , the Vettel sidepush" felt like 1 race penalty for the next race. Because thats over the line. You can wave your hands and shout but you cannot hit other cars like that.

Ive never been much of a Hamilton fan and I really support Vettel but what happened yesterday was disgusting on Vettels part, I think he should of been black flagged as for Lewis well he actually really impressed me the way he handled things

I think its ironic Lewis can come out and say that what Vettel done was "disgraceful" and that all the kids watching will take note... Maybe he forgets he has the helmet of someone who pulled one of the dirtiest and disgraceful moves in F1 history on his mantelpiece... His Idol...

I think its ironic Lewis can come out and say that what Vettel done was "disgraceful" and that all the kids watching will take note... Maybe he forgets he has the helmet of someone who pulled one of the dirtiest and disgraceful moves in F1 history on his mantelpiece...

Nah, Schumacher's helmet was red. The one on his mantlepiece is yellow.

Ah no, I see. Senna pulled one of the most disgraceful moves in F1 history.

Schumacher just pulled all the other ones.

Nah, Schumacher's helmet was red. The one on his mantlepiece is yellow.

Ah no, I see. Senna pulled one of the most disgraceful moves in F1 history.

Schumacher just pulled all the other ones.
Exactly, This is why I don't have much respect for these two drivers... I can respect the amount of talent they had but as sportsmanship goes they were lacking...

Last edited:
IDC if Vettel's punishment was correct or not or if LH should have been given a penalty aswell.

The only thing I know is that this kindergarten made the race the most entertaining one since Canada 2011

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back