2017 Ferrari SF70H Coming to Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ferrari SF70H.jpg

Following the recent poll to choose the final car in the upcoming 'Ferrari 70th Anniversary' DLC, Kunos have confirmed the new machine will be.... the 2017 Formula One car!

With the votes in and counted, the results checked and double checked, the final car from the upcoming Ferrari DLC has been confirmed as the machine raced by Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen in the 2017 Formula One World Championship.

With one of Ferraris most successful Formula One cars in recent years, the SF70H has proven to be the most desirable car in a list of fantastic vehicles selected by Kunos Simulazioni, and as such will be added to the DLC line up due to release later this year for Assetto Corsa.

Could it be that we might have the 2017 WDC winning machine in AC before the end of the year, or will the works Ferrari squad find a way to throw away this years title challenge?

The Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC will contain:
  • 1962 250 GTO
  • 1967 330 P4
  • 1967 312/67
  • 1984 288 GTO
  • 2004 F2004
  • 2017 812 Superfast
  • Ferrari SF70H
The vote setup by Kunos pulled in over 30,000 responses before close of play yesterday, and not unsurprisingly the 2017 SF70H F1 car pulled in a substantial amount of votes more than second placed finisher, the 1970 512M. With 15.39% for the 2017 car in comparison to 11.41% for the 512M, it was always going to come down to the two "key" vehicles as voted for by the community.

You can see the full vote results below:
Ferrari Poll Assetto Corsa.png

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Assetto Corsa and online racing = Love! Check out our brilliant Assetto Corsa League and Club racing forum for great racing events suitable for all skills and experiences. We host regular events using popular content and guarantee a great time for all. Additionally we have a very active sub forum for the game where players can catch up on the latest news and engage with fellow community members here at RD. You can download mods from our modding archive, discuss W.I.P projects in our Modding Discussion Forum and try out a selection of car setups for a wide range of vehicles. Come on, get yourself involved in the action today!

Happy to see an official 2017 Formula One car coming to AC? Looking forward to the Ferrari pack? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
What are you talking about? The RSS F1 car is (beautifully) modelled on the specs of the current F1 cars.

Do you honestly think Kunos are gonna test drive the 2017 car for hours on end to get it just right? If anything, BECAUSE of the Ferrari licence, the performance and handling of the car will be compromised.
RSS is a beautiful quality model of a current regulation Formula 1 car. Is it the SF70H? No. Was it made using any data from any F1 team? No. Is it a mod only for PC? Yes. Why should it qualify as the SF70H?

Two cars looking similar does not make them even close to being equal. That's why I joked about skinning the 917K as it kinda looks similar to the Ferrari :)

Surprise! The car that won with 15% of the vote is rejected by the majority on the forum... funny how math works!

The car would not be the choice of those who own the RSS mod and those who have no interest in historic cars, so I suspect they are mainly console owners. Totally understandable, and that market is the most lucrative for Kunos too.

I am disappointed because of the loss of some of those glorious cars, that's all. The voting was fundamentally flawed, because the most up-to-date F1 car was always gonna be the outcome. Perhaps deliberate by Kunos. The second placed car was my vote too and was very popular, which is encouraging for our racing community.

RSS is a beautiful quality model of a current regulation Formula 1 car. Is it the SF70H? No. Was it made using any data from any F1 team? No. Is it a mod only for PC? Yes. Why should it qualify as the SF70H?

Two cars looking similar does not make them even close to being equal. That's why I joked about skinning the 917K as it kinda looks similar to the Ferrari :)

I repeat: Do you honestly think Kunos are gonna test drive the 2017 car for hours on end to get it just right? Not a chance. Will you or I ever know if their car is anything like the real F1 car? No. Does it matter? No.

The car would not be the choice of those who own the RSS mod and those who have no interest in historic cars, so I suspect they are mainly console owners. Totally understandable, and that market is the most lucrative for Kunos too.

I am disappointed because of the loss of some of those glorious cars, that's all. The voting was fundamentally flawed, because the most up-to-date F1 car was always gonna be the outcome. Perhaps deliberate by Kunos. The second placed car was my vote too and was very popular, which is encouraging for our racing community.
The bad thing is, whichever car would have won, including the 512M, many other glorious legendary cars would have been left out anyway. This poll had too many great cars.

It's pretty disappointing, but considering pcars2 will be out in september and with some other titles starting to improve I think you'll see this DLC run outta steam anyways. Hopefully, they are working on either more updates to AC or AC2 to address some of the community needs.

P.S And for the ones who voted for the 512M, there is someone who's planning to make it into AC, only can't remember who that was.

Please let that be Patrick Sander ;-)

It's pretty disappointing, but considering pcars2 will be out in september and with some other titles starting to improve I think you'll see this DLC run outta steam anyways. Hopefully, they are working on either more updates to AC or AC2 to address some of the community needs.
The DLC may run out of steam in terms of popular forum topics and Steam sales ranks but I do have the feeling people are back pretty quickly to Assetto Corsa after the honey moon phase.

I know I have. Assetto Corsa will always be there.

So? I am sure they didn't drive the SF-15T. I am sure they wouldn't be allowed to drive the 512M either, just as the majority of their cars. Didn't stop them from delivering quality content.
Peter, you are contradicting yourself now, I'm not sure what is going on.
You were claiming the RSS mod is not based on the actual car, but now you are admitting Kunos probably did not have any experience with the 2015 car either.

I am as confused as a baby raccoon.

Yes!!!
Do we get Haas too? :sneaky:
For those complaining about having the latest Ferrari F1 racing car:confused: ...don't you want to ram Ham in historically accurate vehicle ? :D
does people seriously prefer an F1 which has a dick-nose, a rear wing that has a horrifying step in the sides of the rear wing to match 2017 regulations, wide tyres that somehow counter the fact that it's 2m wide and nowhere it's as pretty as a MP4-12, and a V6 turbo that sounds like ass...
Yes we do. :D
Some are just open wheel nuts, you "covered" people just have to accept that.
There's more of us, and you're divided and poorly organized.
We're like Borg "we want latest Ferrari F1, covered guys, all resistance is futile..." :)

Last edited:
Great, another standalone car with no direct rivals to add to the ones already in the garage - The Porsche 917 for example is crying out for an in-period rival so I would have thought the 512m would have been a no-brainer; but this is 2017 so should have realised anything involving votes would leave me sorely disappointed.

This is why I hate polls, everyone gets butthurt because their car didn't get chosen. Just get over it.

The problem with polls is that the popular vote wins, not the considered vote.
The most popular car in 2017 is the 2017 car. We see it on every website all the time, we can't ignore it, that car is in our face all the time.

The considered vote would not pick the popular car, because it is not the best car. It is just the most popular car.

But not the best car.

I could talk about American politics, but I won't ;-).

Peter, you are contradicting yourself now, I'm not sure what is going on.
You were claiming the RSS mod is not based on the actual car, but now you are admitting Kunos probably did not have any experience with the 2015 car either.

I am as confused as a baby raccoon.
Oh I am not. Driving the car and having telemetry and actual data are two very different things. The official Kunos cars are based on the data from the manufacturer. If a car is available to be tested, Aris takes it out for a spin. But the car is still based on manufacturer data.

Mods are usually not based on manufacturer data, but videos, feels, predictions, experience and opinions of the creators. They might be spot on, they might be totally wrong.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back