2017 Ferrari SF70H Coming to Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ferrari SF70H.jpg

Following the recent poll to choose the final car in the upcoming 'Ferrari 70th Anniversary' DLC, Kunos have confirmed the new machine will be.... the 2017 Formula One car!

With the votes in and counted, the results checked and double checked, the final car from the upcoming Ferrari DLC has been confirmed as the machine raced by Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen in the 2017 Formula One World Championship.

With one of Ferraris most successful Formula One cars in recent years, the SF70H has proven to be the most desirable car in a list of fantastic vehicles selected by Kunos Simulazioni, and as such will be added to the DLC line up due to release later this year for Assetto Corsa.

Could it be that we might have the 2017 WDC winning machine in AC before the end of the year, or will the works Ferrari squad find a way to throw away this years title challenge?

The Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC will contain:
  • 1962 250 GTO
  • 1967 330 P4
  • 1967 312/67
  • 1984 288 GTO
  • 2004 F2004
  • 2017 812 Superfast
  • Ferrari SF70H
The vote setup by Kunos pulled in over 30,000 responses before close of play yesterday, and not unsurprisingly the 2017 SF70H F1 car pulled in a substantial amount of votes more than second placed finisher, the 1970 512M. With 15.39% for the 2017 car in comparison to 11.41% for the 512M, it was always going to come down to the two "key" vehicles as voted for by the community.

You can see the full vote results below:
Ferrari Poll Assetto Corsa.png

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Assetto Corsa and online racing = Love! Check out our brilliant Assetto Corsa League and Club racing forum for great racing events suitable for all skills and experiences. We host regular events using popular content and guarantee a great time for all. Additionally we have a very active sub forum for the game where players can catch up on the latest news and engage with fellow community members here at RD. You can download mods from our modding archive, discuss W.I.P projects in our Modding Discussion Forum and try out a selection of car setups for a wide range of vehicles. Come on, get yourself involved in the action today!

Happy to see an official 2017 Formula One car coming to AC? Looking forward to the Ferrari pack? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
70 years of heritage to choose from and yet here we are with another F1 car that'll be driven to the limit by 2%* of those who voted for it. As others mentioned - F1 lineup is currently very strong in AC and more up to date than other series, there was absolutely no need to get another one that'll be driven for a few days after the DLC release only by 95%* of those who voted for it...

Given that Kunos already have SF70H in the AC Pro lineup coded, this is a music to their ears. Cha-ching - copy/paste - job done :)

* No scientific data behind those numbers obviously.

70 years of heritage to choose from and yet here we are with another F1 car that'll be driven to the limit by 2%* of those who voted for it. As others mentioned - F1 lineup is currently very strong in AC and more up to date than other series, there was absolutely no need to get another one that'll be driven for a few days after the DLC release only by 95%* of those who voted for it...

F1 lineup isn't strong compared to other kind of content, far from it. There are 2 modern F1s, that's all.

Calm down dear.

You prefer official content? Why?
I have no need to calm down, "dear". :O_o: I merely replied to your comment that the SF70H is a "terrible winner" because there is a F1 2017 mod out there. Not everyone wants to buy a 3rd party car and not everyone can, like people owning the console version.

It should be pretty obvious why someone might prefer official content. Look at how well made most mods are, how well they are supported in the long-term. There are some real gems out there but that isn't the norm. For the official content consider the official licence, official data directly from the manufacturer and the manufacturer using that car themselves in case of AC Pro. Beyond that DLC content will always be used by more people than (paid) mods (=more people to race with) and revenue for the developer to continue supporting the game itself so long after release is also something to consider. I simply prefer official content, that's all. That's not an affront against any modder.

Edit: You can rate it "Haha" all you want. I stand to what I said.

They don't know what they're missing on both counts.

If they had a PC and the RSS mod, they would never have voted for the 2017 car.

Of course, but that's a bold if statement. I'm very much a PC person, but there are quite a few people out there who aren't and simply don't have those resources to put towards a quality PC and display. And if the poll is open to everyone, this is where many of the votes will go.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back