2017 F1 Calendar Released, Germany Dropped, Le Mans Clash Avoided

And who would not be Nasr? Getting two point with such a car is no task for any rider. With respect to Germany they have pilots to the hills, titles to the hills and the team Mercedes dominating and yet they can not sell all the tickets. I am in favor of having to race in Germany, but that nobody thinks of taking Interlagos (GP of Brazil) of the calendar, because whenever they ask us the things we do and more than this we do and we appear. In a TV company here I heard that the problem in Germany is the ticket prices and I hope they get to a point where they can find a way and bring this great GP back. We love F-1! We love Interlagos! And we love these traditional circuits and we want them forever in the calendar.

I am in favor of races in Argentina, Brazil, Italy, Japan, Germany, England (UK), China, Australia, Spain, Mexico, India, Korea in the US I am also in favor of maintenance, but there are circuits that deserve to be for Always on the calendar and I think you will agree with me: Monza, Interlagos, Silverstone, Hockenring, Melbourne, Paul Ricard, Suzika, Catalunya, Monaco just to name a few, since these tracks are excellent and are part of the entire history of F-1 . Yes there are great circuits out there that could be part of the tracks of the "owners of oil" may be legal, but do not compare to all this tradition that we have in these other circuits that I mentioned. Sometimes I think F-1 thinks too much of money and they forget to value the past and that the past has to be maintained and respected. Who knows soon an F-1 that starts in February and finishes in December, although I find it very difficult, because it takes time for the tests.

Zandvoort is not really suited for hosting a full scale F1 event. As much as i would like to see it happening here. Assen would be much better suited for something that size.
I know. Assen is jsut not an F1 track haha. Rumours are going thtat they wanna build a track in Flevoland 'since max is popular and stuff'

Heh, just highlights that modern F1 tracks are boring, time to design around the tracks and not the other way around. Heck the germans do it all the time for Nords. :D

... Clearly I would make a terrible F1 dictator, but man would it make for a good romp for Euro F1 fans.

It's bad when all I think about is 'F1 2017 game will have less tracks'.

I don't watch f1 anymore anyway. It's behind the sky paywall (I don't have ordinary Sky, let alone the F1 channel) - with non live second hand coverage, normally hilights available only - not live so I already know the results. Can't get excited for a race and watch it unfold anymore.

As I'm not watching it, My kids will never see F1 racing on the TV as they grow up and thus, never exposed to it - until it maybe too late for them to find interest in it. It's just not easily accessible anymore. I just read who wins.

Surprised they're not cashing in by providing a legitimate streaming service. WWE wrestling does this for a fixed price per month, will all past events in demand to keep people there. F1 would probably benefit from that model.

F1 calendar reminds me the Streetfighter character select screen...
ssf2.png

...with all the old, legendary tracks we have why looking for new exotic ones?
Because they pay more. Period.

Zandvoort would be great to have but I fear that Tilke/FIA will destroy it so that it becomes a grade 1 track, just look at Mexico and Hockenheim (to be honest, the old layout was rather dull either with it long straights but it had a unique character).

Bernie is trying to get all venues to sign at least for $30 million/year (possibly except Monaco), I honestly hope a few places are forced to drop so F1 is forced to reassess itself before Liberty Media comes in and creates as many rounds as a Nascar season.

As an example, Belgium is always a touch and go situation, the organizers again had an online poll with people who previously attended their race, so they can work out an economic analysis to see if it can balance with the local government's budget to keep the race.
Belgium is €9.000.000.000 short of money....no need for expensive executive races here , just the much more rewarding and satisfying GT races with mixed classes will do thanks. Now 1 in 7 families, people with kids, live in poverty....yet we are number 13 on the list of most well faring countries....of the world. In other words, most money is highly concentrated to the few percentage rich people who can afford a weekend of F1, besides its hard core fans who save up for it. It's just so unnecessary expensive.

Belgium is €9.000.000.000 short of money....no need for expensive executive races here , just the much more rewarding and satisfying GT races with mixed classes will do thanks. Now 1 in 7 families, people with kids, live in poverty....yet we are number 13 on the list of most well faring countries....of the world. In other words, most money is highly concentrated to the few percentage rich people who can afford a weekend of F1, besides its hard core fans who save up for it. It's just so unnecessary expensive.
Belgium has enough money, but it is the way how it is distributed.....

Btw: For the term: "Belgium" you can fill in any country.

How about drop two of those exotic GP and put back Germany and... Finland... Yes, Finland. A nation with so many great drivers still don't host F1. Why is that?
Because Finland and its inhabitants are still respecting their integrity, which is hard to find these days. If I were to move abroad, Finland it would be.

It's bad when all I think about is 'F1 2017 game will have less tracks'.

I don't watch f1 anymore anyway. It's behind the sky paywall (I don't have ordinary Sky, let alone the F1 channel) - with non live second hand coverage, normally hilights available only - not live so I already know the results. Can't get excited for a race and watch it unfold anymore.

As I'm not watching it, My kids will never see F1 racing on the TV as they grow up and thus, never exposed to it - until it maybe too late for them to find interest in it. It's just not easily accessible anymore. I just read who wins.

Surprised they're not cashing in by providing a legitimate streaming service. WWE wrestling does this for a fixed price per month, will all past events in demand to keep people there. F1 would probably benefit from that model.

Surely you can pretend it's not really on tv in till you you sit down for the highlights package then pretend it's live & make it a family event :O_o: no

I admit early on in your rehab program you may find it difficult to stay away from the media during race times & blocking social media click bait :laugh:
but slowly it becomes very very easy:whistling: switching off the grid :ninja:

Lots of new PPV options incoming with Liberty Int. In the next 4 years so be careful what you wish for :thumbsdown:

Surely you can pretend it's not really on tv in till you you sit down for the highlights package then pretend it's live & make it a family event :O_o: no

I admit early on in your rehab program you may find it difficult to stay away from the media during race times & blocking social media click bait :laugh:
but slowly it becomes very very easy:whistling: switching off the grid :ninja:

Lots of new PPV options incoming with Liberty Int. In the next 4 years so be careful what you wish for :thumbsdown:
but as far as I can tell from the limited amount I have seen, the free coverage is < the main coverage, in both quantity and quality, it's hard to be excited for highlight packages, it's like watching highlights of cricket, you lose something.

F1 comes in waves of peaks and valleys. With highlights, you lose the valleys, and the information it holds. Live and full coverage is just more powerful. Here's hoping the new owners make the program more accessible, not less.

How about that Tilke monstrosity in Shanghai? Hell, they cannot even say that he "ruined" that track as he designed it!

Yet Tilke reflects the trend that F1 has been following for years: Increasingly expensive racing that it becoming increasingly difficult for anyone but the extremely rich to enjoy. And is boring as hell.

I know that watching it on TV is a massive bore unless it is pouring buckets of rain and a 19 year old is driving the car like he stole it! Reminded me of the last exciting F1 race I watched on TV: 1984 Monaco Gran Prix.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years