2017 F1 Calendar Released, Germany Dropped, Le Mans Clash Avoided

Nurburgring or Hockenheim, but F1 needs to have a race in Germany.
The european countries with a lot of motorsport heritage and tradition are struggling to keep F1 there, because they have to challenge the offers of exotic locations with zero tradition and many $$$.
Such a disappointing route....

Too bad about Brazil. Interlagos is one of the more enjoyable classic tracks on the calendar. I guess that would just leave more room for some Tilke monstrosity built in the desert with blood money from mad Arab royalty. Maybe they can schedule it in the middle of summer to ensure we get the first fake snowfall the Emir is planning with his 10 000 new snow machines.

Really, F1 deserves the madness of oil drunk Arab super wealth. Its a sport that has finally found its home, equally corrupt and utterly senseless.

• Deleted member 241736

haha, F1 what's that? A boring race league. Hope the best for Hockenheim and a lot GT3 events.

It has been a long time since F1 is not more than politics. Fake drivers, fake races, fake events,...
F1 is dead.

Do you think the loss of Germany is bad news for Formula One?
As in no German GP? Yes. As for Hockenheim? Definitely not, track is dull ever since 2002. Thanks Tilke.

Do you agree with the current schedule?
They did themselves a favour avoiding the LeMans clash. Even with Audi out, I'd still watch 24h over F1 if they were on the same day.

What race (if any) do you think should be dropped?
Wouldn't miss about half of the tracks on the calendar if they weren't there. Sochi, Shanghai, Baku, Singapore, Austin, Mexico, Yas, to be more precise. Barcelona and Monaco as well, probably.

All this talk about the old Hockenheimring. Hate to be that guy but surely the old Hockenheimring would just produce a extremely boring race with lots of boring DRS overtakes if it was used today

Sad to see Germany go. The new Hockenheim circuit was actually good, and produced some very good races. The 2014 one for example springs to mind

F1 seems to be thinking backwards here. They are adding all these boring hard to overtake circuits, where it's already extremely difficult to overtake i the first place because of the stupid levels of downforce they are bringing in.

How about drop two of those exotic GP and put back Germany and... Finland... Yes, Finland. A nation with so many great drivers still don't host F1. Why is that?

Very simple reason, the management of Hockenheim is not willing to deposit 30+ million to host a F1 race and only earn a few million in return. There will be more tracks who will quit hosting a F1 race. Bernie got to greedy. So we end up watching races in desolate places with no racing history other than a once a year happening, almost empty grandstands. But hey, Bernie and Co have gotten their money, thats all that counts for them.

I thought Malaysia dropped F1???
Yes they did. Last race next year...
We are supposed to be getting the V8 Super Cars in KL next year too. Got a feeling that will be more of a spectacle if I'm honest. Last year was awesome so look forward to the full event if it does go ahead.

To be honest I'm not surprised. Some countries and circuits obviously don't like being dragged over the barrel by that little **** Bernie.
People aren't paying the extortionate prices for the tickets either so it will go, not with a bang but a whimper....

Very simple reason, the management of Hockenheim is not willing to deposit 30+ million to host a F1 race and only earn a few million in return. There will be more tracks who will quit hosting a F1 race. Bernie got to greedy. So we end up watching races in desolate places with no racing history other than a once a year happening, almost empty grandstands. But hey, Bernie and Co have gotten their money, thats all that counts for them.

Welcome to the world of Shareholders

Interlagos is confirmed for next year 12 November. It is very sad that every year that happens always try to take the Brazilian GP off the calendar. Every year they ask that reforms be made and reforms are made and the races have been fantastic. There is a lot of commitment for the Nasr to go to Manor with Gutierrez at his side. It is not for the lack of a pilot that such a traditional event must leave the calendar, because even with the death of Ayrton Senna the Brazilians and all of South America continued to accompany and come to the event that is always crowded different from others. There are circuits that should remain forever in the calendar and the Brazil GP in INterlagos is one of them as I am in favor of having race in Germany always (for the tradition that they have for the sport). With a Brazilian driver on the grid or we are not always present and following the F-1 and I always say that is to love the sport. And with regard to the sale of Interlagos yes the new mayor mentioned wanting to privatize what I hope will not happen and that the people here from São Paulo understand that Interlagos is a historical patrimony and must always be preserved and full access of the people, That is, that it is always public.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 377 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%