2017 Clipsal 500 Discussion thread

Chris

Premium
V8SC15R1_CLIPSAL500_DKIMG04947_copy.jpg
It's that time of year again, Clipsal is back and so is the Motorsport season! Use this thread to discuss all things Clipsal 500!

I'm not a massive fan of the way the V8's look, but I gotta admit, the #22 HSV of James Courtney is a damn good looking race car.

That is rediculously close times! Didn't even know they tracked down to 0.0001

I've put my championship bet on Scotty this year, partially because he is paying twice as much as SVG lol

Watching the ARCs now. Awesome.

So, was wondering since I have never followed the SuperV8s, which are the "marquee" races for the series?

Watching the ARCs now. Awesome.

So, was wondering since I have never followed the SuperV8s, which are the "marquee" races for the series?
  • Adelaide
  • Phillip Island: 21st to 23rd April
  • Barbagallo: 5th to 7th May (I'm biased on this one :p)
  • Sandown: 15th to 17th September
  • Bathurst: 5th to 8th October
  • Gold Coast: 20th to 22nd October.

I sorta figured Bathurst was tops, but the guys on TV were hyping Adelaide pretty hard, but again it is the beginning of the season :)

For me Adelaide is the second best of the season. But yeah, the ones i listed are generally the marquee races on the calendar.

The street courses tend to be carnage if some one gets out of shape it usually takes out a few cars and if it rains which it does occasionaly it's absolute mayhem. But for thrills and entertainment this sport takes a bit of beating.

The close finish (less than a car length) with Will Davison and Shane Van Gisbergen after a 160 laps at the Bathhurst 1000 in 2016 was probably the closest race of the year which after 160 laps was amazing.

If you enjoy good racing and have had your fill of F1 predicatability you will enjoy watching this sport.

However if you think fatter tyres and more down force are the most exciting thing to happen in motor racing in 2017 then probably give it a swerve your pace maker might struggle with the excitement.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back