2016 RD Touring Car Championship (Stock Car Extreme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear about connection problem again, I hope we were not too many... Tough race, both the car and the track are difficult! I did my best, could not avoid several mistakes: a couple spins and running in the grass at the Chase... But I made it 'till the end! Congrats @Norman Bruce I did my best to stay in front but could not avoid a spin, my tires were starting to loose grip in the last lap...
Hope I did not bother too many of you! Apologies @Mike Bell I took the wrong decision when changing line to let you pass, hope I did not make you loose too much time. It was also difficult when leaders were catching up hill, it is really narrow and twisty there!
Thanks a lot RD for such a great serie and allowing me in this last race. Chris, Davy, Bram, thank you!

To all the drivers, to all the guys that organised this and to the commentators and cameramen in this years RDTCC.................
thank-you.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you all at RD for the RDTCC season, I enjoyed taking part. :):thumbsup:
Starting in server 2 I had some good challenges there and the last 2 rounds in server 1 ( unfortunately I was disconnected at Suzuka before the race began) but Bathurst as usual was great, @alexSchmurtz made the last few laps very interesting but unfortunately spun in the last lap so I got past him, good racing Alex, if it had not been for your slip I don't think I would have got you.;)

Probably the best race of the season for the spectators, probably not the best for me. The car being really hard to stop and very twitchy under braking got me really frustrated as I couldn't dial it out. After the race changing the brake bias to the front 70/30 and upping the pressure to 96% yielded the results I remember getting when the track first came out. That would have easily put me top five and on race pace of the top runners, pity I found it so late.

However, the racing was so close and so exciting it really didn't matter where you were on track. Fair play to all the gentlemen that participated the driving from my view was superlative.

Massive thanks to the behind the scenes guys @Bram @Chris Stacey @Davy Vandevenne our amazing commentators @Lorenzo Bonder @Thomas Hinss and @R.J. O'Connell and anyone I might have missed, really top drawer stuff.

Thanks for a great season everyone! This was a fun series and of course I am extremely pleased with the results. There was some great racing and wonderful respect amongst drivers. I have been impressed with the quality of the league and driving standards throughout. Thank you to all the organizers and those behind the scenes that made this championship possible! Your work and effort is greatly appreciated. @Bram @Chris Stacey @Davy Vandevenne @Lorenzo Bonder @Thomas Hinss @R.J. O'Connell and @Yves Larose

:) Thank you all for this great Season 10.
Was a fun one, consistent one for me , managed to finish every single race.
It was hard giving the fact i missed out on pre-qualy, so started as a reserve driver and finished in server 1 :inlove: .
The car is still a bit..h :p but those horse power make u forget about everything else :roflmao:.
Huge congratz to my team mate @Niranjan for finishing in 5th place overall .
Hope we all see each other in Season 11 :cool:

not quite the way i intended to finish , spinning twice in the same place , when i was in 5th , but never-the less not too unhappy with 8th . after some good battles with @Paul Watkins , @Phil Rose , @Chark , @Paul Joseph .

Very Satisfied with my Championship ! my goal was to try and finish in the top 5 and i have been able to do it , the team is also in 4th spot, in the provisional standings , big thanks to team mate @Adrian Brezeanu ! :)

Congratulations to @Slalom823 for the championship , you were quick and consistent throughout ! would have been interesting and if @Oscar Hardwick had finished in suzuka. also grats to The Mighty Forth II for the teams championship.

Finally thanks to the Admin @Chris Stacey , @Bram and @Davy Vandevenne for hosting this great championship and Awesome work as usual by the commentary trio of @Thomas Hinss , @R.J. O'Connell and @Lorenzo Bonder and the camera crew !! :thumbsup:

another unbelievable fact is that this is the first championship that i have been in where there has not even been a scratch to my paint ! due to contact from other drivers i mean !! After the season 9 experience i feared that with these big beats of cars it might turn into a disaster ....but as i said not a scratch to my paint . great and respectful driving from everyone around me , so thank you for that!! :)

i wont be around for the mini challenge as i cant stand that car , but i heard on the stream about an Indycar series and i am getting exited about it ! see you all soon !! Cheers !!!
2.jpg
1.jpg

Last edited:
As most others have hinted at, I think the standard for online racing etiquette has been set in this series. From the Champion (Well done Ryan;)) down to those fighting at the back of the field should all feel proud to have taken part in this series for that reason alone.

I just wish there was an award for best drivers based on their driving etiquette regardless of outright pace or positions. It's not easy to let faster cars past when being lapped at a track like this, when they seem to appear from nowhere in the mirror.

I think we were all expecting carnage at Bathurst but it seems the respect we have for each other made it a race to remember for the right reasons. I think we can all hold our hands up that we made mistakes now and again but that's expected if you're pushing to the limits.

Thanks to @Chris Stacey , @Bram and @Davy Vandevenne for running the championship and commentary from @Thomas Hinss , @R.J. O'Connell and @Lorenzo Bonder and camera crew.:thumbsup:

Big well done to Mighty Forth II for winning the Team Championship pushing our team Mighty Forth into 2nd place!:notworthy:

Really enjoying the racing here at RD, long may it continue.

Last edited:
Thanks to all you drivers for making this season such a high standard of driving etiquette! This may not have been the fastest overall field we've ever had, but it's far and away the cleanest, and I'll take a clean field over a fast field every single day. :inlove:

We'll get the results all finalised in the next day or two, and then we'll announce the winners of the prizes :)

Is there still time for the viewers to submit? I have some family that has watched the races but I don't think they have submitted anything yet.

Just a quick post to say a big thanks to the RD team for stepping in at the last minute and rescuing this league. A great job done by everyone as always.

I've done a league with this car before and I was kind of hoping that with lots of practise I might of improved but that was not the case, in fact I think I got slower! Crashing almost every other lap is not much good for the confidence in these things! :roflmao:

Still struggling badly with the Fanatec pedals and SCE. I was having to brake so early for the corners I was losing a tonne of time everywhere. Don't get the problem in rf2 or R3E so it's a bit of a mystery.

I usually do all the races so my apologies for not attending the last couple of rounds. One absence was caused by a pretty nasty cold, and the other was because I miscalculated a journey back from the UK and couldn't make it back in time. Tried to give as much warning as possible though.

Good luck to those doing the Mini league :thumbsup:

We have just performed the draw to decide the two winner of the Thurstmaster T300RS steering wheels.

From the drivers' competition it was @Anders Nilsson who came out on top. All the drivers that drove in all four RDTCC events were awarded an amount of tickets based on their overall classification. The last placed driver in the list got one ticket and the first placed driver in the list received 28 tickets. A random draw via random.org decided the winning number was "317" which corresponded with Anders Nilsson.

The viewers' competition was decided via a random draw as well. The winning answer was "TYRE" and the list of all the correct entry's plus those that followed us on Twitch had a winner picked as well which was entry number 9, which is @Tarcirion. He will also receive a Thrustmaster T300RS Force Feedback Steering Wheel.

Congrats to both winners. If you weren't amongst the lucky ones and like to have this wheel added to your sim line up you can purchase it here.

Attachments

• draw_t300rs.jpg
    draw_t300rs.jpg
    523.1 KB · Views: 342
  • draw_t300rs_2.jpg
    draw_t300rs_2.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 352
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing