2016 RD MINI Challenge | Round 2 - Londrina

Discussion in 'RD MINI Challenge by Extreme Simracing' started by Bram Hengeveld, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Added to Calendar: 14-05-16
  1. Franklin Stegink

Franklin Stegink
    Premium

Ratings:
    +987
    About my race.

In the beginning i had big problems with turn one.
    The car everytime brakes out on the back.
    After more than 1 hour of practise it goes better and better.

At the qualify the aliens @Discovery.Tv and @race_fanatic_ where to fast for me and doing both a great job with place one and two.

Also @Shawn Jacobs and @Craig Patteson where very fast, but i could take place three at the qualify.

Last week i was thinking of my race strategy at the first round of this championship.
    That was not good enough and must be better in this one.

I look at the practise of @Discovery.Tv and saw that he takes a lot of corners in the third gear and his tires less spinning than mine.

I took over his driving style and indeed in the race my tires stay for a long time oke.

My strategy was to drive as long as possible in the first stint.
    I could drive one lap more than the two leaders in the race.
    At my pitstop i change three tires ans leave my rear left tire.

@Discovery.Tv and @race_fanatic_ both only change the front tires.

After my stop i was pushing every lap very hard to close the gap between me and the both drivers in front.

Also some backmarkers in the race driving to long on their line and taking to long before the fast drivers can pass them.
    Please next time make a little bit room.

That was the reason that i closing the gap with @race_fanatic_
    In the last lap with three corners before the finish i was be able to pass @race_fanatic_ and was very happy with my second place.

I have look at the broadcast and want to say that everybody was driving very well.
    Thanks for that.

Also the two new drivers @Michael Morgenthal and @Didi Draxler are great drivers to have in this championship.

At last its a shame that @Folluto and @Adrian Brezeanu not drive.
    Everybody takes a lot of time for every driver to make skins, set up championship etc,etc.

Please respect them.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Genci Estebanez

Genci Estebanez

Ratings:
    +87
    Yes. That last laps were indeed an intense and fun ones @Ariciuc Razvan. I knew you had better tires and I wanted to keep that hard earned 17th position after being the last, thanks to a mistake in the beginning laps so I tried to defense it in any turn. One more lap and you had passed me.
    I was surprised about how everyone was pushing and contacting in every turn to gain the position at the start of the race. I'm not used to that (on fridays' race I think people are more respectful)hence my mistake. I think I learned the lesson for next races.

3. Erhan Jajovski

Erhan Jajovski

Ratings:
    +157
    I forgot to mention that some of the back markers should really learn how to let faster drivers through safely and quickly. Props to @Ingemar Petersson for letting me on the back straight couple of laps till the end.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Genci Estebanez

Genci Estebanez

Ratings:
    +87
    The faster drivers should remember that sometimes the backmarkers have their own race with someone in front, or in the back. They have to let you the space to overtake but not when you want to. Sometimes you have to wait a little to overtake. A blue flag isn't a 'slow down, right now' mandatory.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Erhan Jajovski

Erhan Jajovski

Ratings:
    +157
    I respect that, but to be stuck behind for a lap is unacceptable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. PicoBp

PicoBp
    #26 | HSRC - Banzaaaiii Touring Car Crew Premium

Ratings:
    +589
    Official FIA rules say that "at the earliest opportunity". Lapped traffic should not defend or have to be battled to get passed, and unfortunately this wasn't clear for some. It's not about waiting a few turns to have a safe spot to let go, that's completely fine and appreciated. But with all due respect, a battle for podium takes priority to anything a lap down in every single racing regulation.

7. praxtonio

praxtonio
    XR Driver Premium

Ratings:
    +113
    Once again thank the staff of RD, the commentators of Broadcast for their work, and mates track :geek:.
    For me it has been a constant battle with @PicoBp, @michael Morghental and @fran, I tried to keep the tires and almost leaves me well, but at the stop I struggled to get used to the more worn rear tires, but in the end it has been a good hand to hand with @PicoBp, great Race @PicoBp.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  8. PicoBp

PicoBp
    #26 | HSRC - Banzaaaiii Touring Car Crew Premium

Ratings:
    +589
    You didn't let me rest for a second, but luckily @Craig Patteson joined our game in the end and gave me some fresh air. :D Nice skills there and great battle. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. race_fanatic_

race_fanatic_
    If you want to win, hire a...

Ratings:
    +43
    I agree with this, no need to start lifting if the backmarker has a nice gap, it's not like any dirty air is a problem in the Mini anyway. I prefer it if the back markers tries to just run as fast as possible and when I've then gotten close they let me by in a nice place. Had for example one in the last race who backed off in the chicane before the straight which is just worst case for all involved.

10. Ariciuc Razvan

Ariciuc Razvan

Ratings:
    +119
    I agree, people should still take the racing lines and be predictable when being lapped. Just wait for the safe place to let them pass.

I've been in alot of crashes following pits stops where overlapped drivers just cut the gas in the middle of corners or just after, this is going to result in a crash if more people are behind

11. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    RaceDepartment Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,776
  12. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs
    SpeedyMite Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +987
    Won't lie, was definitely disappointed when the first lap car we came across went all defense on me to the extent of full blocking me. I can only assume he didn't see the blue flags unfortunately, but yeah bit of a shame. if it does occur again I'll put a report in but for now I'll give benefit of the doubt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.