2016 RD MINI Challenge | Round 1 - Guapore

Discussion in 'RD MINI Challenge by Extreme Simracing' started by Bram Hengeveld, Apr 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Added to Calendar: 30-04-16
  1. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,963
    And thanks again for the great skinpack, very nice field! :thumbsup:
    AMS 2016-04-30 22-52-53-16.jpg AMS 2016-04-30 22-53-51-70.jpg AMS 2016-04-30 22-54-08-42.jpg AMS 2016-04-30 23-02-25-85.jpg AMS 2016-04-30 23-03-45-08.jpg AMS 2016-04-30 23-05-42-78.jpg
    Now heading to see the broadcast... :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Erhan Jajovski

Erhan Jajovski

Ratings:
    +157
    I need to work on my strategy, everything else was perfect. Grats @race_fanatic_ on the win and other two on the podium.

3. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs
    SpeedyMite Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +989
    Congrats all, was great fun.

Was happy with qualifying, as expected take my fastest time, take off a second there's pole time :)

Race not too bad, @Bram God it's intimidating having you behind lol all I could think was don't wreck Bram don't do anything stupid ahhhh lol a bit different to how the next guy battled you :)

I was sure I had a good strategy, 20 laps fronts, 40 laps all 4 and 30L but nope the 1 stoppers did awesome, well done!

Look forward to next round.

• Haha Haha x 1
  4. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    RaceDepartment Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,799
    Battle for 100% please, I am just a MINI driver like you :) Had a really tough battle with @Ariciuc Razvan too that was awesome and lasted for 10 minutes or more. Epic.

5. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs
    SpeedyMite Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +989
    Yeah that battles was great to watch (I may have been hoping you took each other off however.....) Lol

• Haha Haha x 1
  6. Fred Locklear

Fred Locklear
    Moving bollard Premium

Ratings:
    +752
    I was quite psyched that I actually qualified 11th! <1s off of the aliens! For that I do have to thank @Bram for his tip about raising front pressure and lowering back. I think that gained me at least 0.5s in my qualifying time.

As for the race I was kinda happy and kinda bummed. Start of the race kinda sucked. I was down two spots at the end of the first lap and I knew that it wouldn't be too long before @Frank would get by. I just have trouble keeping ppl from passing and being able to pass others (working on that!)

Before the race I did a test run using 6x tyre wear, and figured a one stop wasn't going to work. My strategy was to change fronts on the first stop and then fronts and rear right on the second. I screwed that up royally though. Instead, I mistakenly changed rear left and left the rear right :(. I really struggled in the last stint with car balance. I figure that mistake likely cost me 2 and maybe as many as 5 places in the race.

Two or three lapses in concentration cost me more time in the race. When doing a 2 stop strategy, there just is no room for errors like that. But I am really hopeful for a better result in the next race :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fred Locklear

Fred Locklear
    Moving bollard Premium

Ratings:
    +752
    BTW, I really loved the close racing at the beginning and the train of 5-6 cars I was in. I want a league where fuel consumption and tyre wear are off so we can have that type of racing for a full 80 minutes :)

8. Chris

Chris
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,991
    YouTube for those who struggle with Twitch :)

• Like Like x 7
  9. Genci Estebanez

Genci Estebanez

Ratings:
    +87
    Well, I've enjoyed all of the Minis' fridays events, but unfortunately yesterday was horrible. My pc's motherboard stopped working on thursday, and the new one will arrive next tuesday, so I tried an old son´s pc that couldn´t barely move AMS. So the experience was frustrating. All graphics options in low, around 30 fps,very laggy, and with some freezes all over the race. I just wanted to finish it. In fact, I think I was the last, like my team name says: Last Turtle. Curiosly, I finished second here when we raced a couple of weeks ago.
    I hope to do it better in Londrina.

• Like Like x 1
  10. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,963
    Great broadcast, very professional! :thumbsup: Lorenzo, Thomas and Davy are doing an impressive job! I hope we will eventually get to the 1000 followers!
    I realize that Davy used the spotter guide in the broadcast but we did not post it! So here it is, a bit late but if some of you want a little souvenir… :p
    RDMC_S9_spotter_guide_r1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  11. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    RaceDepartment Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,799
    That looks fabulous Alex :inlove:

• Love Love x 1
  12. praxtonio

praxtonio
    XR Driver Premium

Ratings:
    +114
    Thx to the Staff of RD for this moments, i enjoy this race like a bear with honey, great moments and great decisions, 1 or 2 stops, finally I decided to make only 1, and just change the front tires and have little fuel, wwwuaauua, go 4º and 10 minutes left, I do not believe it.
    Erhan finally pass me, but I got a very good 5th place.
    My english its soo bad, but I was in the Ts and was very funny how little understood BILLABOOONG!!!! jajaja.

Thx so much.

• Like Like x 5
    • Haha Haha x 1
  13. Jose Vasconcelos

Jose Vasconcelos
    Premium

Ratings:
    +43
    Congratulations to the organizers - STAF
    Congratulations to the winners - Podium
    Congratulations to all that finisch, after 80 minutes of "work"
    Congratulations to all who is present in this EXCELLENT - Race

Only a small "REPAIR", because it can not make happen... there cars with very LAG ... on the internet, ...these make or caused overtaking impossible ... and it was for this reason that the 1º was to be 2º, and the 2ºwas be 1º !!!!

Sea...to Londrina

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.