2016 Porsche 919 Hybrid @ Circuit de La Sarthe (request)

I'm trying to put together a decent lap time at the Le Mans circuit (mod by Tiago Lima) with the Porsche 919 hybrid 2016. I have a theoretical best around 3:31.

Can someone give me some advice on how to solve some problems I have with the setup?

I have generally understeer entering slow corners, and exiting mid-fast ones, and oversteer out of slow corners when the electric motors don't engage.

Is there also anyone out there who can suggest me where is beter to use what MGU-K delivery mode?

I know I sound like a noob but I have a race this wednesday and this car it's really too overwhelming with it's infinite tweakable parameters :D

Thanks in advance,
Lorenzo.

Maybe try tuning your driving style rather than the setup. Gently tap the brakes entering slow corners to bring the nose around under power. Try faster hands on exit understeer. Control exit oversteer with a next lower gear to keep revs up while modulating throttle, release hands faster tracking out.

Thanks mate, I then understood the car better, I just was in a bit of a hurry. It wasn't really a problem of driving style, the car was really stiff and I solved the problem lowering both dampers and springs. Then generally the electric front traction helps. I should manage an under 3:30 time

https://i.ibb.co/mFfBHvw/deployment.jpgI'm trying to put together a decent lap time at the Le Mans circuit (mod by Tiago Lima) with the Porsche 919 hybrid 2016. I have a theoretical best around 3:31.

Can someone give me some advice on how to solve some problems I have with the setup?

I have generally understeer entering slow corners, and exiting mid-fast ones, and oversteer out of slow corners when the electric motors don't engage.

Is there also anyone out there who can suggest me where is beter to use what MGU-K delivery mode?

I know I sound like a noob but I have a race this wednesday and this car it's really too overwhelming with it's infinite tweakable parameters :D

Thanks in advance,
Lorenzo.

Probably not much use anymore but its best to set it to charging and deploy it manually on the exit of corners that lead onto a long straight

Heres a video of a 3:20:208 using it in manual mode

Ive marked in Red where I deploy the MGU-K Boost over the course of 1 lap and you should be able to hear how long im using it in each spot if you listen to the engine closely

deployment.jpg

Last edited:
I've put in 3:14-3;18 laps consitently on the cirque de la sarthe track in the 919 with a field of 40 and 3;11 with no opposition, my best suggestion is to look at your driving style. If you're getting understeer/oversteer at the points you describe you're braking way too late and probably being aggresive with the throttle as you exit. It might sound counter intuitive but baking a little earlier and not as aggressively will mean you carry more speed through the corners, especially the chicanes. I use Charging for the ERS rather than low preserve. Playing with the heave springs and supsension travel will help stabilise the car at high speeds in the chicanes enabling swifter exits. You just need to play with them and test to suit your driving style and adjust accordingly. Just take your time learn the circuit properly and learning to set the car up especially your gearing and i guarentee you'll shave that target of 3;30 down a hell of a lot more.

I've put in 3:14-3;18 laps consitently on the cirque de la sarthe track in the 919 with a field of 40 and 3;11 with no opposition, my best suggestion is to look at your driving style. If you're getting understeer/oversteer at the points you describe you're braking way too late and probably being aggresive with the throttle as you exit. It might sound counter intuitive but baking a little earlier and not as aggressively will mean you carry more speed through the corners, especially the chicanes. I use Charging for the ERS rather than low preserve. Playing with the heave springs and supsension travel will help stabilise the car at high speeds in the chicanes enabling swifter exits. You just need to play with them and test to suit your driving style and adjust accordingly. Just take your time learn the circuit properly and learning to set the car up especially your gearing and i guarentee you'll shave that target of 3;30 down a hell of a lot more.

You did a 3:11 ????? proof pls. RSR world record is 3:19:7 and id love to know how you are getting 8 seconds on that or the lap posted above

Are you sure you're not getting confused with the EVO mod because im pretty much 100% certain a 3:11 in the Porsche Hybrid 2016 is impossible.

Last edited:
You did a 3:11 ????? proof pls. RSR world record is 3:19:7 and id love to know how you are getting 8 seconds on that or the lap posted above

Are you sure you're not getting confused with the EVO mod because im pretty much 100% certain a 3:11 in the Porsche Hybrid 2016 is impossible.
it's the kunos 919 not the physics mod, with the physics mod you can get down to about 3 minutes with no traffic. Screen grab of the lap times from content manager for you.

Attachments

• le mans time.jpg
    le mans time.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 271
it's the kunos 919 not the physics mod, with the physics mod you can get down to about 3 minutes with no traffic. Screen grab of the lap times from content manager for you.

I have no idea what is going on then because that time is literally not possible with the current version of the car/track... there is no way anyone is finding 8 seconds on the RSR world record even with all the temps at 10c (minimum allowed by RSR).

bizarre

Last edited:
No Idea, I'm not here to break records, someone asked for set up help so I thought I'd give a hand.

Not having a go buddy, just very confused as to how that time is even remotley possible, the lap I posted is second fastest on RSR and whilst I’m know it can be bettered by a second or possibly two I can’t feasibly see how on earth it can be beaten by 8 seconds, all of which would be lost in corners which I’m driving reasonably well.

Oh no worries, it's confusing me, but seeing as Neels Janni did it in 3:16 in rubbish weather and over 24hrs with a lot of others, I'm surprised it's not been done before, I've only just come back to AC after a long break. I know the cirque track is a bit longer than the real one. It might be down to set up as I think i had it riding quite low. I know Jimmy Broadbent did a 3 minute lap in the physics mod.. I'll have to have a bash at it again in the Kunos 919 and let you know what the results are, I'm in my 911 Michael Fassbender phase at the mo though so it may be a while :)

Hi there, can someone help me with a Setup? I try a los but i can't find the Best ratio on the shifts I just can reach 320 km/h and I do my laps on NO CHICANE so, can someone share his setup to help me?

I'm also stuck on 3:31 with the stock 919. I've driven about 8.000-10.000 km on Le Mans with that car.
I'm steady, I'm fast, but can't seem to get below that 3:31. If it's my driving style I probably have new lessons to learn! For those interested, here's the (downloaded) setup I have been using for ages.

Attachments

• 919 hybrid.ini
    2.2 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
You are simply better I guess. These are awesome lap times! Nowadays I only play LM on RF2, primairly with the Oreca 07 LMP2. Guess what, also 3:30 :D but in a lower class than the 919 LMP1 so I got that going for me which is nice.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 300 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 268 13.7%