2016 Formula One Spanish Grand Prix

Make all your excuses it was Lewis's fault and gets no penalty for taking a car out. ?

FiA let him walk away ! ? ........ just to keep the championship going.

It is a pitiful day for F1 and FiA decisions ...........not a great day for F1 at all.

Make all your excuses it was Lewis's fault and gets no penalty for taking a car out. ?

FiA let him walk away ! ? ........ just to keep the championship going.

It is a pitiful day for F1 and FiA decisions ...........not a great day for F1 at all.
Well, he could do nothing about hitting Rosberg, Rosberg however could've lifted and turned left to avoid a crash after Hamilton was already on the grass, but the adrenaline from the start would make it hard to be aware of everything. Not necessarily at pitiful day for F1, Max only won because of that racing incident and holds a record.

Well, he could do nothing about hitting Rosberg, Rosberg however could've lifted and turned left to avoid a crash after Hamilton was already on the grass, but the adrenaline from the start would make it hard to be aware of everything. Not necessarily at pitiful day for F1, Max only won because of that racing incident and holds a record.

stop making excuses for imho a STUPID first lap driver error by Hamilton.

No penalty ? ridiculous when you consider what they have handed out this year.

:)

I don't know.. Rosberg defended his position very rigorously, but Hamilton didn't HAVE to go for that very tiny gap. He seemed to be faster than Rosberg at that point, and maybe he could have overtaken him somewhere else. Also, the pictures of Hamilton palming his helmeted face right after the crash, imo, show that he felt angry. Not angry with Nico, angry with himself. The only way this could have worked out was if Rosberg let Hamilton through, which didn't happen. I couldn't blame one of them alone. Rosberg was overly defensive, Hamilton was overly "optimistic".

I agree but you still blame the car took out the other car.

what about incidents have been little shunts they get a penalty ?

NICO hit no ONE.

Another thing watch his veering off the startline, jinks right then veers madly left then comes back to the right.
That is why Nico beat him into Turn1.............

------------
People blaming Nico in any way or shape are nothing but Hamilton fanboys

If Lewis was leading you would have all blamed Nico too. lmao

Educate one's self on motorsport rules and regulations:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/36298056

"Technically, Rosberg had breached article 27.7 of the sporting regulations, which requires the leading driver to leave room if there is a "significant proportion of the car attempting to pass alongside".
And, technically, one view could be that Hamilton had caused a collision, which is also against the rules. Another TV still, taken shortly before the one we have already mentioned, showed Hamilton still clearly behind and Rosberg angling steeply to the inside - at which point many might have backed out of it.

But the stewards decided not to penalise either driver - a conclusion based on the speed at which circumstances unfolded.

Wolff said it was "an incident that could have been avoided from both sides" and added that the two drivers would still be allowed to race.

Last edited:
Following your logic, Rosberg could also stick to the racing line which was easier than trying to close the door because he f**** up his ERS settings.
If you think you would have enough time to react to everything that's happening, then the world around you must be in slow motion.
@Hsmmer I wasn't making any excuses to defend either driver, I was saying what could've been done to avoid atleast 1 car not being wrecked and yes he could do nothing once he was on the grass, that's an excuse.

It was Hamilton´s fault. He went to panic mode after loose the lead and went way too agressive.
I was seeing Rosberg closing the door way way before the crash, and have no idea why Hamilton believed he would have a space there.

About 2 cars behind, at the same time...Vettel and Sainz were in the same situation....exactly the same situation. As soon they left T3 Vettel went to the inside and the young spaniard didnt tried to go for a gap that was so obviously closing. He switched to the outside imediately...didnt lost the momentum, and overtook around the outside. Job done. And those 2 arent even teammates!

Hamilton made the wrong move, at the wrong moment, in the wrong way...and the result was what we saw.

It was Hamilton's fault and Max only won because both Mercedes' crashed, gratz to him but not really a hard victory.
He had a seasoned former world champion behind him for at least 15 laps, in DRS window, in a car with a faster topspeed, and managed, every single lap, to widen the gap in the corners enough that Kimi couldn't catch him on the straight.

If that's "not really a hard victory" then I'd like to see what else would be in your view.

...but Nico was clearly not on the racing line that every other driver was taking behind him and it was clear because he was so focused on blocking Hamilton that he drove him right off the track.

Nico was in front, he had the right to any line. The F1 website quotes the steward's decision verbatim, where they conclude that only in the last moments before Lewis went off did he have a tiny portion of his car besides Rosberg. At no point did he have enough of an attack that Nico would have been wrong to block.

It's not the first time Lewis tries to overtake where there is no space. In this case he did well because he bought us an interesting race.

He had a seasoned former world champion behind him for at least 15 laps, in DRS window, in a car with a faster topspeed, and managed, every single lap, to widen the gap in the corners enough that Kimi couldn't catch him on the straight.

If that's "not really a hard victory" then I'd like to see what else would be in your view.
driver fatigue has a play in it and so do the tires, yet the 2 different cars were very equal throughout the weekend, so you can't just say that Max was driving in a disadvantage just because he was in front or has less top speed.

If you think you would have enough time to react to everything that's happening, then the world around you must be in slow motion.
@Hsmmer I wasn't making any excuses to defend either driver, I was saying what could've been done to avoid atleast 1 car not being wrecked and yes he could do nothing once he was on the grass, that's an excuse.

;) I do not mind mate bias british reporters get up my nose. lol

skysport saying it was nico's " mental capacity" lmao

Hill "chopping across the front of him" hogwash he never chopped him !

He was moving right before the #44 was anywhere near him....it is just total bs watch the video.

then he quotes rules which say Lewis wing was equal to Nicos rear tyre.

But but ? ........ by the time that happen he was already 1/2 off the track !@!

P.S.
Why Lewis suddenly went hard left ?
Because he still had his right foot buried on the grass ? lol

Last edited:
Guys take a chill pill, it's part of history now and Max Verstapen made history.

The fact is, both NR & LH are under the impression they are better than each other, there's a fair bit of arrogance with both drivers, that's what caused the incident IMO.

Neither were willing to back down, from my stand point both are at fault, LH tried a very bold move and NR blocked him to the point LH went off track, lost grip and became a passenger sliding into NR, ending both there races and gifting RedBull and Ferrari valuable constructor and driver championship points. It really doesn't matter who took out who now, it's done and dusted, arguing won't change it, so agree to disagree and move on.

Cheers

Just to point out, Verstappen had a setup, which gave him higher top speed than all Ferrari-engined cars, except Gutierrez. Also, in Barcelona it is impossible to pass unless you have a massive speed advantage (AMuS is even reporting 2.4 sec faster pr. lap to safely make a move!).

Also, on a track where track position is key, it is extremely strange to suddenly switch the leading driver on to a slower strategy, and a strategy that requires you to pass 3 drivers. That could've worked on, let's say, Spa, or any Tilke-tracks. But in Barcelona? Where the normal is 3-5 passes in total throughout a whole race. It's impossible.

It's strange, watching Verstappen driving a perfect race, and still end up with a feeling that I've seen it before in the same team.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 144 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 397 40.0%