2016 Formula One Japanese Grand Prix

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Central discussion thread for the Japanese GP at Suzuka.

Leave your comments on the practice, qualifying and race seassions and debate who are your favorites.

Have a great racing weekend.

I'm a born and bred Brit,and want Nico to win the title.I'm sick and tired of Hamilton's childish antics and attitude.
I'm starting to think Ham is not a real person at all,maybe he's some sort of government experiment,the worlds first cyborg.He looks and sounds real,but something is missing.
So let's all get behind Nico,who always carry's himself with dignity and whilst not having the natural ability of Hamilton,makes up for it with hard work,attention to detail and bloody mindedness.

Not one to be interested in the gossip or all the "who's teh nicest guy" etc, but as it stands now i believe NR would be the worthy winner of the 2016 DC.

He isn't as fast as LH on top form, but even without LH's bad luck - he's been a bit more consistent than LH this year so far; certainly has better starts on most occasions which is a skill in itself & a big part of any GP.

Still 5 races to go though; one bad result for rosberg and things could be quite different.

• Deleted member 130869

Nico is more deserving than his dad's title with 1 GP win :p.

That braking zone move from Max was bad but I think Lewis overshot his braking anyway. Without Max there, he'd have locked up to not be riding the curb on the left. Carlos Sainz Jr... Now he was all over for all the wrong reasons.

I dont think Max's move was bad..
The only person thought it was bad, was according to German press, an Australian steward named Connelly. He wanted Mercedes to ask the FIA to look at the incident, because the other 3 stewards did not agree with him. Link: http://www.autobild.de/artikel/formel-1-protest-posse-exklusiv-10881067.html?r549308896=71377525 (you all have Google translate)
But since all keyplayers at Mercedes were already having a party because they won the constructor's championship, a Low key Guy did ask the FIA Without asking Hamilton, Lauda or Wolff beforehand. And these 3 did not agree as well...

I dont think any racing driver should keep the door open. And when you look at the videos Max moved Just before Braking.. Also if Hamilton wouldve been on the inside he'd have knocked them both out.

The only situation where you should keep the door open:
CuVFA5KUAAA6qo4.jpg

It seems F1 is driving in line, and only overtake on the straight by drs, and by pitstops.
Mannnnnnnnnnnnn, I am happy with MAX, he is a real racer, and knows what racing is about.
We want to see some spectacle, not only boring DRS drivers.
So stop protesting his driving style, he is the best F1 driver today.

It seems F1 is driving in line, and only overtake on the straight by drs, and by pitstops.
Mannnnnnnnnnnnn, I am happy with MAX, he is a real racer, and knows what racing is about.
We want to see some spectacle, not only boring DRS drivers.
So stop protesting his driving style, he is the best F1 driver today.
True, as long as nobody takes someone out on purpose everything is fine, it's racing not a parade.

Max is making risky moves, I don't think he should be penalised for it but it's probably only a matter of time before someone runs into the back of him.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 279 13.5%