2016 Formula One Australian Grand Prix

Disappointing to have both sessions rain effected. Got up at 5am for the second but went back to bed when it became clear there would be limited running. Good to see both McLarens back up in the top half but doubt they will be there come the real thing tomorrow.

could be in for an interesting race. weather report says 50% chance of rain for Melbourne in the morning and early afternoon for Saturday. so could affect qualifying. but the race is predicted to be dry - no rain at all.

so we could have a case where there's a dry race with the teams having done no dry running before it. might make for a few shake-ups.

Not expecting much out of a heavily moistened FP1.

maxresdefault.jpg

Mercedes again. No vested interested in any particular driver winning; as a neutral clearly if Rosberg continues the faultless racing like the last 3 gps he'll get the DC wrapped up pretty quick.

Last edited:
Should be fun and although I'm against the format change I'm looking forward to seeing how it all pans out.

Penalty for Mr Haryanto already after FP3, what's everyone's opinions of that? At first glance I thought it was a bit 50\50.

Well that's about the most unexciting couple of qualifying sessions I've seen in a looooong time. Most entertaining thing was watching ng the stopwatch :rolleyes: Changed before the next race anyone?

Agree on that @kedy89 :( Really sorry for Haas as they had the speed but not understanding for new system. Also a lot of quali predictions from other thread failed after just 7 minutes when Wehrlein got knocked out.:roflmao:
Now hoping that Ferrari didn't push in q2.:unsure:

I think that it was Croft (on Skysport), that just said this system would be much better with tyres that can take 10-15 minutes of hard driving. It would be really something if Pirreli would made quali tyre that can do this and it can be used only in qualification. Then just let them to start on which ever race tyre they want.

Don't even know what to say. The one good thing that can come of this is the first qualifying with this format was so horrible that there's no possible way they don't change it before the next race. Right..?

Personally I'd prefer the good ol' days (10ish years ago) when each car had their own personal hot laps on track to themselves. Not sure what the problem with that was.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back