I hate to see that you'll miss the race Rob. I hope you have a safe trip... In other news I am finally putting the beach chair and cardboard box out of commission and finally put the money on a racing seat it will should be here by the time we race at auto club

Las Vegas Results:
1. Thomas Scoggins__#3__11__+3+1____15
3. Lucas Gortman___#20__ 10__+1______11
2. Michael Watts____#19__9__+1_______10
4. Ridge Heiler____#88___ 8__+1_______9
5. Rick Gilbert_____#4____7__+1________8
6. Nicholas Raill____#32___6___________6
7. Colin Papas___#43___5__+1_________6
8. Bob Warren_____#27___ 4__________4
9. Rebel Whitey____#24___ 3___________3
10.Bryan Alley______#2___ 2___________2
11.Shawn Gortman__#78___1_________1

Yeah it was good to have you out there Colin. If we do switch to Skype we will need to have all drivers in the club as I think I can send a game invite to all in the club. As far as ending the race we need to figure out when we can cut off cautions so we can finish under Green. It may be track specific. Maybe we can throw a Red flag before there are 3 laps to go. Then have a Green White Checkered finish. Still learning each and every time we go out.

In spite of some really extreme lagging toward the end , the race was good battle in a few places on the track. Position for 4th , 5th , and 6th was starting to tighten up and looked like a good battle was about to happen for the last few laps until the 43 got taken out by the lag and then the 27 ( Me ) was the next to meet his demise from the lag . Up front it sounded like it was about the same with the 19 and the 20 as the leader just went about his business of Fast ( great job ). Other than a few mistakes, I think we are learning each others driving styles and the racing is getting better as we become more patient on restarts also. Good race and it was fun.. See you all and maybe a few more at Auto Club.

It was a great race. I love those long green runs. The most exciting was battling the 88 when (20) me was on the bottom and the 88 all the way at the top of the track and I was keeping him back and when the 19 was on my bumper. I'm glad that I have a car that can run up there I just need to work alittle harder to get that win... My car could run fast on the high side but I could race more defensively on the bottom. The red flag idea sounds great Mike so when we have that caution we 4 to go or 3 to go some of the smaller tracks it might be harder but the longer ones will work perfectly . I can't wait for some more racing :)

Yeah it was good to have you out there Colin. If we do switch to Skype we will need to have all drivers in the club as I think I can send a game invite to all in the club. As far as ending the race we need to figure out when we can cut off cautions so we can finish under Green. It may be track specific. Maybe we can throw a Red flag before there are 3 laps to go. Then have a Green White Checkered finish. Still learning each and every time we go out.

You might want to make it harder for a caution to be "called" so to speak. On many occasions, even a two car spin is inconsequential to the rest of the field. Now, instead of punishing those who wrecked (I realize not everyone is always to blame), a driver initiated caution not only is overused, but incentives the at-fault driver to gain benefit from a mistake. Sure they have to pit, but w/o damage, that's not an adverse consequence. And many times, it actually helps the involved parties. I know it has me. Especially at the end of Atlanta.

Unless cars are sitting on the track (which is more likely at smaller tracks), or there is "the big one" at a larger track, we should continue to race. Then, cautions would decrease and those involved would actually get a penalty (as cars go by) instead of just a reset. A guaranteed red flag at three to go = a three lap race.

Also, the Atlanta race took 2.5 hours. Personally, a 3-4 hour race would be a no-go for me, and that's what would happen at the shorter tracks.

I agree whole heartedly to the limits of cautions as well. That long great flag run that we had was great and I truly believe that we should have that more often.

I get it, lag does happen and it was poor judgement on my part to have said caution with 3 to go... it's just frustrating when you are battling with two other people for position and a laggy, much slower car ends up messing it up. Overall though, it is only race 3 of a very long season and it was a great race.

You might want to make it harder for a caution to be "called" so to speak. On many occasions, even a two car spin is inconsequential to the rest of the field. Now, instead of punishing those who wrecked (I realize not everyone is always to blame), a driver initiated caution not only is overused, but incentives the at-fault driver to gain benefit from a mistake. Sure they have to pit, but w/o damage, that's not an adverse consequence. And many times, it actually helps the involved parties. I know it has me. Especially at the end of Atlanta.

Unless cars are sitting on the track (which is more likely at smaller tracks), or there is "the big one" at a larger track, we should continue to race. Then, cautions would decrease and those involved would actually get a penalty (as cars go by) instead of just a reset. A guaranteed red flag at three to go = a three lap race.

Also, the Atlanta race took 2.5 hours. Personally, a 3-4 hour race would be a no-go for me, and that's what would happen at the shorter tracks.
I like this alot definitely for the smaller tracks. Also it makes drivers drive more carefully because if they're involved and its only a two car spin it hurts a lot worse. Now with a bigger field It might be alittle harder to police but all in all its a good idea

Yeah, I agree. This is my first NASCAR league, so I'm open to constructive suggestions. I was disappointed with the #6 car last race. He may not be back in the next race. But I won't block someone out if they're just slow. As long as they can maintain a line they're in. There are slower drivers in every race in real life and negotiating lap traffic is all part of the deal. Granted the #6 was nearly impossible to pass and was all over the track and ended up lag spiking two other cars. If you want, you can record the race and we can use that for a protest if you feel like you get screwed by someone in the race. I'm going to download Twitch tonight and make sure I start recording my races.

Auto Club 200
Auto Club Speedway
March 17th 8pm EST
635626517566287796-inidc5-6jqt2u04wltjxukn5kj-original.jpg

Track Record:188.511

Practice 3%
Qualifying 3%
Race 50%
Sim Physics
Custom Setups
CAUTION SPEED 55mph.

**New Caution Rules**
Caution Rules now only apply to (3) or more Cars or if a Car is blocking the Track. Cars involved still have to start at the back of the pack.
Green-White-Checkered-
Once we have gotten to "5 Laps to go" a Caution WILL NOT be thrown on lap 3-2-1. If a Caution must be thrown with 4 or 5 laps to go We will RED FLAG the event and park in turn 4 until the field is caught up then we will restart so the event will finish under green with a Green-White-Checkered. There will be no Pitting with 5 laps to go. There is no damage so no need to pit. Just be sure you have enough fuel for the finish. You are encouraged to record the race with the Twitch APP and if you feel you are intentionally wrecked you will be able to protest your finish.

Entry List:
1. Michael Watts, Subway Toyota Camry #19
2. Bob Warren , Peak/ Menard Chevy SS #27
3. Lucas Gortman, Dewalt/Dollar General Toyota Camry #20
4. Colin Pappas, Smithfield Foods Ford Fusion #43
5. Dylan Reinke, Ritz/Shore Lodge Ford Fusion #44
6. Shawn Gortman, Bass Pro Shops Toyota Camry #78

Last edited:
Microphones should be MANDATORY, period. The #6 caused numerous issues, but it may all have been connection related, with lag being evident late in the race. Either way, some explanation or apology would have been nice. We all make mistakes, but to suffer in silence was infuriating. Rant over, mic drop.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%