Team ORSM

what are the exact locations to install this because I want it as it looks good but don't know where exactly to install it, I want to know where to go eg. programs files(x86)/rfactor/..../...../.....
not sure if that's even were I install it

@krunch
@still_bacon
How are you guys feeling about this subject.

It's your work and its a great work. Many are now driving RF2. Wouldn't it be a nice thing if the fruit of your labours could see itself in RF2.
Many drivers will then be able to enjoy this great track?

If the answer is a resounding no just tell me.
If there is something you want done to help things along let me know?
Whats the issue?
For example do you want some hand picked guys to do it justice? If so Ill go and find them.

Thanks
David

It is a great track for sure but from what I understand of rF2 with HDR it would be a far better direction to start from fresh.
The modelling needs a lot more poly and textures need a new approach to what was done in rFactor.
To convert this one and maintain high quality would "probably" require a near on total rebuild anyway.

I realize there are rFactor tracks that are already converted to rF2 and maybe there are 1 or 2 that are reasonable but would you think this track deserves better?

This question has been asked a dozen times and no real answer.
There are really capable track builders out there. I'm surprised that someone hasn't already started building this track.
Or have and are smart enough to have stayed out of the public till it's ready for release.

It is a great track for sure but from what I understand of rF2 with HDR it would be a far better direction to start from fresh.
The modelling needs a lot more poly and textures need a new approach to what was done in rFactor.
To convert this one and maintain high quality would "probably" require a near on total rebuild anyway.

I realize there are rFactor tracks that are already converted to rF2 and maybe there are 1 or 2 that are reasonable but would you think this track deserves better?

This question has been asked a dozen times and no real answer.
There are really capable track builders out there. I'm surprised that someone hasn't already started building this track.
Or have and are smart enough to have stayed out of the public till it's ready for release.
Doug,
The track was converted and we raced it in RF2 before ORSM pointed out it was unauthorised.
The video is above in this thread. The track conversion is actually very good.
With some polish by the top RF2 builders it could be one of the best.

4 months and no reply?

Doug,
The track was converted and we raced it in RF2 before ORSM pointed out it was unauthorised.
The video is above in this thread. The track conversion is actually very good.
With some polish by the top RF2 builders it could be one of the best.

4 months and no reply?
Excuse my ignorance on this subject but am I to assume that ORSM got in contact with the owners of Bathurst and asked their permission to build the track for whatever game they were involved with? and all the other games developers do the same, probably paying x amount for the priviledge.

Excuse my ignorance on this subject but am I to assume that ORSM got in contact with the owners of Bathurst and asked their permission to build the track for whatever game they were involved with? and all the other games developers do the same, probably paying x amount for the priviledge.
I dont know Jim,
All I know is they built the RF1 track and own the intellectual rights to their own work.

Yeah. I knew about the conversion a long time ago. Krunch was informed at that time.
The quality of the conversion is questionable.
It's not something that we as groups (league) used to use converted content that was not done with permission. It was once really frowned upon.
We can't set your PC to blow it's hard drive if you do use it. Mod groups rely on peoples own morals to see the reasons why mod teams hate their work ripped in any way shape or form.
Those that do it are weak useless crap that haven't got the balls to build things themselves, though we know why. It's not like they lack the talent generally.
The same reason mod teams are disappearing, not doing stuff for public release.

I've even found the cars from Unleashed in rF2. This conversion is "far" from anything worth even looking at. To those that are using it. Their just crap, The conversion is total crap and I'm glad it is.

For those that are now building cars and track for rF2, Make damn sure you give it to Tim at ISI to get encrypted before "any" public release. Version 0.xx.

And those that are modding AC. Your content is wide open. AC has refused to give modders their encryption and as of a month ago they where not offering to do it for you.

Do you think every car that has been modded has gotten approval for the use of the car from the manufacturer or the tyre company for the use of it's tyres?

It's easy to get around the official/licensing of a track that is why RF2's Interlagos is called Sao Paulo. Just don't call the track Mount Panorama Circuit and your pretty safe. So long as the track is replicated and not derogatory e.g. billboard for redtube next to a billboard for Supercheap I would find it very unlikely that any sponsor would have an issue. Bit of a difference when your not actually making any money from it.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back