RD MINI Challenge 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Dean Solomon an interesting idea, but experience tells me a few people will drop out, so who knows who many will be running at the end. It might be something to consider for any future leagues though, thanks for the idea!

Also, I will be using paddle shifter as that is all I have. ABS will also be available in the league, on low (just as the real minis have)
NO! YOU'RE GOING TO USE A GOD DAMN H SHIFTER!!!!

A couple of people have asked me about assists. Additional info has been added to the League Information thread , however the important bits to note are that auto clutch and anti-lock braking assists will be the only assists available. Damage will be at 100% unlike our usual 50% in club races.

No problem, it really was an epic season, it was like that for pretty much all 6 rounds and the full reverse grids for race 2 made for great entertainment! Enjoy!
Yeah, after race 1 at Taruma I've gone back to Round 1 and I'm going to watch the whole thing over the next few weeks.

Thanks Andrew, I've been practicing the chicane version, which is really challenging but fun as well. And the possibility of a live broadcast would be great!

Reactions: Nox
how did you edit the numbers?
In gimp, I must to make new numbers because I don't can to edit them. But I don't know which is the typographic of them.
thanks.

All sorted,
I have my skin ready.

Last edited:
Test Event
On Wednesday 7 January 2015, a pre-season test will be held at Guapore. The purpose of this event is to ensure all the skins work properly, to ensure your graphics etc., are correctly set. It is better to iron out bugs in the test event than have an incident in the league proper. Participation is mandatory for all drivers in the league.

So what happens if we miss the test race for various reasons (work, family for example) do we get put on the reserve list or not giving a place at all?

Would be harsh for someone who has signed up to the series to be told they can't due to missing a test race due to other commitments.

So what happens if we miss the test race for various reasons (work, family for example) do we get put on the reserve list or not giving a place at all?

Would be harsh for someone who has signed up to the series to be told they can't due to missing a test race due to other commitments.
When people sign up they are saying that they can be in attendance to all races, including the test race. If you're going to miss a race and you report it at least 24 hours in advance, that's perfectly fine, as I have time to invite a reserve driver in for that round specifically until you return. By mandatory I mean to say that just because it is a test race, that doesn't make it any less important than races that will have points; i.e. drivers should make every effort to make that round too.

Final entry list will be published today or tomorrow.
Don't forget that skins should be submitted by Sunday January 4th 2015.

Thanks all for signing up!

MAIN LIST

Andrew James @Warren Schembri @Mark Breslin @Srinath Sundareswaran @Yuri Kasdorp @Frank van Oeveren @Jeff Lasecki @Antonio Merino @Paul Hurlow @David Slute @Paul Joseph @Calum McLure @Jason Skyring @Andy Vandevelde @Genci Estebanez @Jimi Hughes @Troy Barman @Ryan Walker @Adrian Campfield @Guus Verver @Ariciuc Razvan @Fabio Russo @Dean Solomon @Manuel Palacios @Alessandro Di Domenicantonio @Norman Bruce @Andres Redondo @Allan Groth

RESERVE LIST

@Rafael Duarte @Fernando Zamora @David Martinez @Otto Wilson @Gianluigi Burchiani @Giovanni Lazzari @Sergi Constanti @Julian Dietz @Tuomas Lankinen

If you are on the reserves you will be tagged when a slot opens. In the meantime, a club event of the same format will take place the same time as the league race which you are welcome to join.

QUpYXpP.jpg

Looking forward to our pre-season test now!

Last edited:

Walk Racing are pleased to present, to you, information on the latest championship we will be racing in, along with the anticipated announcement of our drivers!
The championship is the Vitual Mini Cooper Challenge, and is run by our friends over at Race Department. Back by popular demand, the series is now in it’s eighth season, a series where our drivers have been very successful over recent years.
This year, the teams championship in the Mini Challenge (organised by the Touring Pro Series) was sewn up by Walk Racing, and in the last season of the Race Department VMCC, Walk Racing secured second overall in the team championship, with drivers Dinca Andrei, Peter Dyrelund and our team boss Mr. C finishing 6th, 7th and 8th respectively.

The season runs over 5 races, with one Pre-Season Test at Guapore. The championship hunt kicks off at the well-known Interlagos track on Wednesday January 14th, before moving onto Vanport, Brasillia, Sugo and finally, legendary US circuit, Road America. Each race is on consecutive Wednesdays, so it really will put the pressure on our three drivers, and also the management and organisational side of the team.

This season, our team consists of three drivers spread over two teams, Englishman, Adrian Campfield (2014 Touring Pro Series Mini Challenge Drivers Champion), Dutch racer Guus Verver and Romanian Ariciuc Razvan, all driving the Game-Stock Car 2014 Mini Cooper.

The livery for our three cars has been designed by Koda Design, and we’ve included a few pictures of our cars testing for your pleasure and approval!

We caught up with Walk Racing’s Guus Verver a few days before the pre-season test, to get his thoughts on the upcoming season.
“Im looking forward to the championship, and looking forward to having some fun, and hopefully staying with Adrian (Campfield)” said Verver, “I think my strongest track will be Round 1 at Interlagos, however my favourite to drive will be Road America. Im hoping because of this we can have a strong start and end to the season, and all the races in the middle will follow suit”.

Based in The Netherlands, Guus has been with Walk Racing for a few years now, “I joined the team more for fun than anything else, and I think I have improved in my time at Walk Racing. It’s a nice team, full of talented people”.

“My goal is to finish ahead of all non-Walk Racing drivers” and we all agree with that! We wish our drivers all the best ahead of this exciting and fast paced season.

There are no plans for a broadcast at present, however don’t fear! We will be bringing you upto speed with the championship with both our pre and post race reports, including interviews with our drivers and screenshots from the various meetings along the way. Also, our regular podcast will feature in-depth analysis of the season as it progresses, and hopefully we will be able to come away on February 11th with a good result, and maybe some silverware!

Walk Racing are pleased to present, to you, information on the latest championship we will be racing in, along with the anticipated announcement of our drivers!
The championship is the Vitual Mini Cooper Challenge, and is run by our friends over at Race Department. Back by popular demand, the series is now in it’s eighth season, a series where our drivers have been very successful over recent years.
This year, the teams championship in the Mini Challenge (organised by the Touring Pro Series) was sewn up by Walk Racing, and in the last season of the Race Department VMCC, Walk Racing secured second overall in the team championship, with drivers Dinca Andrei, Peter Dyrelund and our team boss Mr. C finishing 6th, 7th and 8th respectively.

The season runs over 5 races, with one Pre-Season Test at Guapore. The championship hunt kicks off at the well-known Interlagos track on Wednesday January 14th, before moving onto Vanport, Brasillia, Sugo and finally, legendary US circuit, Road America. Each race is on consecutive Wednesdays, so it really will put the pressure on our three drivers, and also the management and organisational side of the team.

This season, our team consists of three drivers spread over two teams, Englishman, Adrian Campfield (2014 Touring Pro Series Mini Challenge Drivers Champion), Dutch racer Guus Verver and Romanian Arcuic Razvan, all driving the Game-Stock Car 2014 Mini Cooper.

The livery for our three cars has been designed by Koda Design, and we’ve included a few pictures of our cars testing for your pleasure and approval!

We caught up with Walk Racing’s Guus Verver a few days before the pre-season test, to get his thoughts on the upcoming season.
“Im looking forward to the championship, and looking forward to having some fun, and hopefully staying with Adrian (Campfield)” said Verver, “I think my strongest track will be Round 1 at Interlagos, however my favourite to drive will be Road America. Im hoping because of this we can have a strong start and end to the season, and all the races in the middle will follow suit”.

Based in The Netherlands, Guus has been with Walk Racing for a few years now, “I joined the team more for fun than anything else, and I think I have improved in my time at Walk Racing. It’s a nice team, full of talented people”.

“My goal is to finish ahead of all non-Walk Racing drivers” and we all agree with that! We wish our drivers all the best ahead of this exciting and fast paced season.

There are no plans for a broadcast at present, however don’t fear! We will be bringing you upto speed with the championship with both our pre and post race reports, including interviews with our drivers and screenshots from the various meetings along the way. Also, our regular podcast will feature in-depth analysis of the season as it progresses, and hopefully we will be able to come away on February 11th with a good result, and maybe some silverware!
www.walkracing.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%