RD MINI Challenge 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was having fun, I was having a good pace and nice battles until I was taken out :roflmao: It was really close up until then, trading positions and whatnot. Very very enjoyable.

Well this was one crazy race, i had a few contacts during the race (one at the start, sorry whoever i hitted, 100% my fault on that one) but i tryied to give the position back as much as possible, of course if someone feel the need to send a report no problems.

Also, IN-DEPTH RACE RESULTS
Being a red zone incident, it is under investigation. Remember there's no need to wait in a league, but thanks for being gentlemanly doing so anyway.

Also, I believe they have ABS in real life anyway, which is why it was decided it would be available, and to help avoid incidents.

I had a contact with @Allan Groth and I had to leave, but it was just a racing incident.
I hope to have better results in Vanport.

Regards.

Racing incident?

Hmm...I'm not gonna file a report as it was the 1st race dude BUT you completely cut T1 while under pressure from me on the outside resulting in contact with Alan and also left me now where to go on the apex so I spun and got damage!!!

Hindsight is a beautiful thing but prob not the best move. Would've been better to concede and try get a good run out of the chicane?

Not ranting just saying :) move on to the next one. At least i still scored a couple of points! Woo

Last edited:
I just tried to overtake because saw that you were very aggressive in your movements and wanted to get away from you.

If someone should protest movement that must be Alan, and I will accept it, but not you.

Thank you for taking it to PM. This is the only time I will post this reminder:

Finger pointing, swearing, as well as naming and shaming other competitors or staff will not be tolerated! Incidents reported outside of a PM are also not permitted. This will be strictly enforced and a penalty of 5 championship points will be applied to the offending person.

Additionally, any driver can make a report, especially if they were disadvantaged somehow.

Round One Race Control

Thank you all for the great racing that took place in round 1, and congrats to all those who got a position they are happy with!

Red Zone
An incident has been investigated that occurred in the red zone. This zone is automatically reviewed. Staff have conferred and reviewed the incident and a 5 point deduction will be applied to @Alessandro Di Domenicantonio for causing an avoidable collision in the red zone. Driver is also reminded that re-joining the track must be done in a safe way; both re-entries were not safe.

Last edited:
Round 1 - Incident Report
Dean Solomon Vs Andrew James

Staff have reviewed the incident and determined that @SOLO59 (Dean Solomon) causes a collision that leads to a driver (Andrew James) being retired from the race. A 5 point penalty deduction will be applied to Dean Solomon.

Any further incident reports to please be submitted by Saturday latest.

Great racing last night despite suffering with the man flu! Walk Racing had great pace in Quali so the front row was always out of reach. Great effort by Ryan to get P3 for Madcape Black.

Had a great fight in the opening laps with Ryan, Guus & Adrian, managed to shuffle myself into P2 before having a great fight with Guus & Ryan before the pit stop, changing positions every lap.

I pitted earlier than the guys around me and managed to put in a strong in & out lap, twinned with slow stops for the Walk boys which put me in a fight for the lead with Adrian.

I was fighting for a few laps before he picked up his pace and I started to make a few errors, which put me into the clutches of Guus for another epic fight in the closing laps. Apologies if I was a little aggressive on a couple of occasions with closing the door. Other than that it was a great fight and very respectful driving from both Walk drivers throughout the race.

Congratulations to Adrian, once again proving why he was the 2011 Walter Hayes winner while I was a mere spanner monkey in the garage working for one of his competitors!

Thanks to Xavier & Madcape for the drive, Guus Adrian and Ryan for an epic fight, and to Andrew / RD for organising. P2 is a great start to the campaign, hopefully I can go 1 better next time!

See you next time!

KkvfK0m.jpg

Track: Vanport (Chicane) Get the track pack here.
Skin Pack: Download

Just as we all expected, Round 1 was a closely fought battle all the way down the field. Round 2 promises more of the same! See the current league standings here.

All drivers in the main list are expected to show. Absentees who do not report here at least 24 hours before the event may find themselves demoted to the reserves or removed from the league.

Practice: Open all day of the event
Qualifying: 19:20 GMT (15 minutes, unlimited laps)
Warm Up: 19:35 GMT (10 minutes)
Race: 19:45 GMT (45 minutes, mandatory pit stop to change at least two tyres).

All races will begin with a standing start, without a formation lap. A pit stop to change at least two tyres is mandatory. Refueling is permitted, but not required. Although written for the Formula Vees, the pit stop guide here contains useful information if you're unfamiliar with pitting.

Red Zone - On Lap 1, the start straight and the chicane are considered a red zone (see map below). This simply means that the replay of the starts will be looked at automatically - any incidents caused by overly aggressive behaviour or rules being broken will be penalised more so than incidents elsewhere. It is a league, so be competitive, but don't destroy other people's races. Remember this league is for all skill levels so not everyone will take every corner the same as you, or brake as late as you.

y0H3qja.jpg

Example of track limits for a track.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Some info for Teams:
To talk with your team mate during the race to plan pit stop strategy, etc., you may create a room on the TeamSpeak server. Just select the GSC or RDMCC channel, open the menu with right mouse button and click "Create Sub-Channel". Enter a name in the pop-up and hit OK.
8UEEwel.jpg
2R8ftAe.jpg

Main Driver List (may be updated through the week)
@Nox (Andrew James)
@Warren Schembri
@Mark Breslin
@Yuri Kasdorp (Possible Absence)
@Jason (Skyring)
@JeffL (Jeff Lasecki)
@Antmerino (Antonio Merino)
@PaulH (Paul Hurlow)
@Paul Joseph
@Andy Vandevelde
@Genci Estebanez
@Jimi Hughes
@Troy Barman
@Guus Verver
@Ariciuc Razvan
@SOLO59 (Dean Solomon)
@Manuel Palacios
@Alessandro Di Domenicantonio
@Norman Bruce
@Andres Redondo
@Allan Groth
@Otto Wilson
@Tuomas Lankinen
@Adrian Campfield
@Ryan Walker
@Julian Dietz
@Fabio Russo

Although I had apologized on teamspeak, I still feel the need to apologize @Nox. He was having himself a really good race. Including, all of us in the back, trying to avoid "the blue car" (didn't catch his name but guys know who I'm talking about). Nox qualified ahead of me in P21 I believe. from there, He stayed consistent and focused. We even picked up from where we left off from our battle from last week.

As for the incident, I have already been punished and accept full responsibility. Throughout the race, I was breaking late at some turns, which allowed me to overtake others aggressively but kept it clean (I hope I wasn't too aggressive, if so, please let me know). I found myself inside the top 15th position (for points) from starting in P22. So almost half way through the race, coming out of the last turn leading onto the straight, I had a couple of guys right behind me, and Nox was in front of me. I thought I had enough distance away from Nox so I can outbreak the guys behind me and maintain my position. But I misjudge my breaking point and ended up taking out Nox. If I had gone defensive against the guys behind me as Nox stayed on the racing line ahead of me, then I would have out break those guys and end up tucked in right behind Nox ready to line him up for the next turn. But instead, I took the hard way out and tried to break late on the racing line, bad bad move that I regret. My self inflicted incident from last week was a matter of me not being focused and cautious. My incident yesterday was a matter of misjudgment and its one of those situations where you wish you can do it over again. So there`s another thing I will add to my list of learning followed by execution. Now I`ll try to not beat myself up about this one and move on to the next one. Thank you Nox/RD for organizing. After a successful V8 club race the other day... maybe after this, revive the V8 league this spring/summer:whistling:

@SOLO59 It is of course frustrating to be taken out of a race, but I have no hard feelings about it. Sometimes these things happen, it is easy just to miss a braking point or make an error. I know I do! And despite how it ended, the battle we had up until that point was pretty awesome! You have a great attitude towards improving and getting to be a clean racer, and thanks for the apology. I can't wait to pick up the battle again with you in Vanport, and this time take it all the way to the end :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 184 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.7%