2015 Mercedes W06

So Mercedes are giving a sneak peek at their 2015 challenger from their filming day they did at Silverstone, so its a bit difficult to do but thoguhts
mercedes-w06.jpg

Here is a snippet of it running and I think it sounds amazing

• Deleted member 161052

The nose is still a vacuum cleaner but it's thinner.

Personally I see slight differences, Firstly the nose isn't as visible as last year, the sidepod is different, the back end where the exhaust used to be looks a little bit more refined, the floor has a thing holding it to the chassis where the wasn't one on the 2014 model right at the front of the floor and where the top air intake is, it looks a little difference. Small changes which is what I would expect honestly, the biggest change will be underneath in the engine department I guess

Personally I see slight differences, Firstly the nose isn't as visible as last year, the sidepod is different, the back end where the exhaust used to be looks a little bit more refined, the floor has a thing holding it to the chassis where the wasn't one on the 2014 model right at the front of the floor and where the top air intake is, it looks a little difference. Small changes which is what I would expect honestly, the biggest change will be underneath in the engine department I guess

They are clearely going for some extra downforce this year, especially if what
they have claimed about their engine is true.

When I first looked at it, it looked the same as the 2014 car, lol :laugh:

Their 2014 car looked better, the nose is way too thin imho. But Merc seems like they have not done much work over the winter as most stuff are just kept from the 2014 car. Well, hopefully this will close the gap to them.

• Deleted member 161052

d8KCTlfhQi42l3lLjY52_ham.jpg

Merc got a different black bit on their engine cover during the 2nd Barcelona test.
(img source)

Also new engine cover, new rear-wing, new monkey seat, new cameras on the nose, new nose (bulkier underneath), new winglets next to the cockpit, etc etc.

Toto Wolff told the press that the first car (jerez) and this second one share basically only the chassis.

• Deleted member 161052

And Merc is like (skip to 3:03)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 27.9%