• 23000+ Members! Dear Guest, join the community on the official RD Discord server today.   learn more

2015 Mercedes W06

Lesley Buurlage

CEO Northern Lions Esports simracing department
Premium
May 7, 2013
Apart from the smaller nose, just the same as the w05. And probably just as good

Darren Bentley

3000RPM
Feb 22, 2011
Personally I see slight differences, Firstly the nose isn't as visible as last year, the sidepod is different, the back end where the exhaust used to be looks a little bit more refined, the floor has a thing holding it to the chassis where the wasn't one on the 2014 model right at the front of the floor and where the top air intake is, it looks a little difference. Small changes which is what I would expect honestly, the biggest change will be underneath in the engine department I guess

Darth

250RPM
Jun 4, 2013
Personally I see slight differences, Firstly the nose isn't as visible as last year, the sidepod is different, the back end where the exhaust used to be looks a little bit more refined, the floor has a thing holding it to the chassis where the wasn't one on the 2014 model right at the front of the floor and where the top air intake is, it looks a little difference. Small changes which is what I would expect honestly, the biggest change will be underneath in the engine department I guess
They are clearely going for some extra downforce this year, especially if what
they have claimed about their engine is true.

Milos

Had things gone my way, who knows..
Nov 11, 2013
When I first looked at it, it looked the same as the 2014 car, lol :laugh:

Their 2014 car looked better, the nose is way too thin imho. But Merc seems like they have not done much work over the winter as most stuff are just kept from the 2014 car. Well, hopefully this will close the gap to them.

Philip Heck

500RPM
Nov 18, 2010
Also new engine cover, new rear-wing, new monkey seat, new cameras on the nose, new nose (bulkier underneath), new winglets next to the cockpit, etc etc.

Toto Wolff told the press that the first car (jerez) and this second one share basically only the chassis.