2015 McLaren MP4-30

LuskRacer

@Simberia
Found this on some motorsport paper from japan...it shows an image of what looks like a new honda-mclaren.

Attachments

• 0897867723.png
    0897867723.png
    527.2 KB · Views: 737
Whilst I don't believe that it's the new McLaren (they wouldn't have a whole car completely painted and assembled already), I see no reason why it would be the W05 in different paint.

The noses have to look like that in 2015.

it is probably a fake...it just caught my eye as the talk was that gillette were to become team sponsors. then i also did hear of sony also..can mclaren make a copy of the mercedes?. the rear of the car looks different though, so I am not sure. i know the nose has to be changed as only the ferrari one from 2014 will be legal in 2015. or the early w05 nose used in Australia.
i will look into it further and try and find the link, the site was all in japanese.

It's fair to say that the Vodafone orange was an awesome livery, but that's a poor effort. Hopefully they're doing a Williams 2014, and this is just a temporary test livery.

Looks a little nicer from the top.

MP4-30-Overhead.jpg

Not a bad combination of the West/Vodafone liveries. Pretty disappointing considering the hype of the Honda return and so forth though. There's no way the old Marlboro livery would return, but going with a white, red and possibly even orange car with a different design would have been refreshing. Force India have done a better job of making a McLaren-esque livery than McLaren have. :p

Just seems odd they're sticking with the colours more associated with Mercedes. Surely Honda would have wanted them to steer clear of that?

Oh well, at least the nose looks OK.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 85 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 62 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 68 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.3%
  • < 5 years