2015 Formula One United States Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omer Said

Weresloth
Premium
Central discussion thread for the USA Grand Prix

This track must be Tilke's crowning achievement. What a superb race! A big congrats to Hamilton. Also to Toro Rosso youngsters! They will be great to watch in the next years for sure.

And that "i am cross with you" Rosberg was funny to watch post-race. Was he really thinking that he would have a chance even if he had won this one?

DirtyRawAnkolewatusi.gif

Hamilton acting like those dick elder brothers after winning a game.

I think the look of Paddy Lowes face after that says he agrees with me that the dick here was Rosberg. But I'm not sure LH would have reacted any better if the shoe was on the other foot.
Well done LH though, well deserved 3rd title, and WHAT A RACE! Christian Horner had nothing on my uneasy feet this evening! :p

I dont think that was intentional from LH, he was just handing out the caps since he got 3 in hand. I guess Rosberg experienced it a bit different by the looks of it. Grats to LH for another championship.

I fell of my chair when Max was going into fights with the Ferrari of Kimi and Vettel halfway race.:roflmao: It's just a matter of time for him and that might come sooner then anyone think, just give that kid a decent engine thats all he needs.

Great race we have seen, flood the track and the real talents will stand up. Maybe the fan button for "push to rain" isn't a bad idea at all. ???:ninja:

Central discussion thread for the USA Grand Prix

This track must be Tilke's crowning achievement. What a superb race! A big congrats to Hamilton. Also to Toro Rosso youngsters! They will be great to watch in the next years for sure.

And that "i am cross with you" Rosberg was funny to watch post-race. Was he really thinking that he would have a chance even if he had won this one?

It's not on to drive your teammate off the track no matter what the championship status is. You'd be mad too if your teammate doesn't turn as much as he physically could and pushes you off the actual road.

It's not on to drive your teammate off the track no matter what the championship status is. You'd be mad too if your teammate doesn't turn as much as he physically could and pushes you off the actual road.
Not the first time he did it, but as soon as anyone is a bit more aggressive driving against him the whining starts. Don't like Hamilton, never will. He may be fast, but that's about it. No real respect for his opponents on track.

Seuchenjahr would be the fitting German word to describe Rosberg's season.

Rosberg was leading the race though until he made a mistake and hit the astroturf just off track before turn 16, then ended up losing control at turn 16. That's when Lewis capitalized and took the lead with less than 10 laps remaining. Rosberg made a critical mistake that cost him the race so he has no one to blame but himself.

Last edited:
Rosberg was leading the race though until he made a mistake and hit the astroturf just off track before turn 16, then ended up losing control and at turn 16. That's when Lewis capitalized and took the lead with less than 10 laps remaining. Rosberg made a critical mistake that cost him the race so he has no one to blame but himself.
I agree, the race he lost all on his own, but what's being discussed above is whether Hamilton was too aggressive in the first corner, not whether that lost Rosberg the race or not.
Personally I'm not sure where I stand on the subject, from the replays it looks like he starts turning in, then straightens the wheel again for a bit, perhaps cos he locked up? Then he went full lock.
Coming from the inside he would naturally be pushed far out at the exit, no surprise here, should Rosberg have yielded perhaps? Througout the race we saw Button in Rosbergs position at least once or twice, where he saw what was about to happen and went wide instead, apexing late and gaining the position back from accelerating earlier.
As a LH fan I could easily say it was fair and square, but he has been very harsh on closing the door earlier I have to agree, though we want to see great racing so I think we'll have to accept this behaviour else it becomes a procession.
There was a LOT of good racing in this race, I thorougly enjoyed every minute of it!

I agree, the race he lost all on his own, but what's being discussed above is whether Hamilton was too aggressive in the first corner, not whether that lost Rosberg the race or not.
Personally I'm not sure where I stand on the subject, from the replays it looks like he starts turning in, then straightens the wheel again for a bit, perhaps cos he locked up? Then he went full lock.
Coming from the inside he would naturally be pushed far out at the exit, no surprise here, should Rosberg have yielded perhaps? Througout the race we saw Button in Rosbergs position at least once or twice, where he saw what was about to happen and went wide instead, apexing late and gaining the position back from accelerating earlier.
As a LH fan I could easily say it was fair and square, but he has been very harsh on closing the door earlier I have to agree, though we want to see great racing so I think we'll have to accept this behaviour else it becomes a procession.
There was a LOT of good racing in this race, I thorougly enjoyed every minute of it!
I guess I feel like none of that matters much when Rosberg was leading 10 laps from the end. Rosberg has only won 2 out of 9 times that he got pole position. In my opinion, he qualifies well but has a habit of losing the pole advantage where Lewis does not. Just my .02 though. I think Nico's excuses and attitude when he loses is the reason why Lewis dislikes him. Lewis rarely ever makes excuses when he loses.

Last edited:
There's actually no rule (that I'm aware of anyway) stipulating that the attacking driver cannot squeeze the defending driver off track. The main 'cars width' rule applies to the defending driver.

But hey, that's racing. It was a tough and forceful move and with a world championship on the line, you can't be anything but.

Last edited:
I believe there is a rule against forcing another driver off track, I found this online when googling quickly;
The 1999 FIA Formula One World Championship Sporting Regulations cover overtaking under "incidents":

"Incident means any occurrence or series of occurrences involving one or more drivers, or any action by any driver, which is reported to the stewards by the race director (or noted by the stewards and referred to the race director for investigation) which:
- caused an avoidable collision;
- forced a driver off the track;
- illegitimately prevented a legitimate overtaking manoeuvre by a driver;
- illegitimately impeded another driver during overtaking.

The stewards may impose a 10 second time penalty on any driver involved in an Incident."
But it's a tough call to make, at what point is the corner considered Hamiltons? He's got the inside line, he has already commited and he is almost wheel to wheel with him, should Rosberg then consider it Hamiltons corner and give him the space?
The incident is then made worse by Hamilton understeering, had it not been for that (which is his fault ofc for misjudging grip levels) they may not have touched at all, so then perhaps it IS his fault even if Rosberg should have conceded the corner due to Hamilton having the inside?
At the end of the day I just have to accept that he did what he did and the stewards didn't decide to penalize him for it, so it's a fair move. If the stewards felt this was in contention with the rules they should set example by penalizing.

The whole forcing another driver off track thing just seems to be kind of accepted now as in most cases there's 10km of tarmac runoff. If gravel traps were still as common as some years ago such scenes might be penalized more often. Worst thing that happens nowadays is that the driver forced off loses a few places.

Don't think that it'd be accepted if I constantly acted like that in club races here.

2DC6251000000578-0-image-a-54_1445811494817.jpg

Wouldn't call that a car's width would I....

EDIT: And I'm not even butt hurt but please in the name of God at least Google stuff before making assumptions.

2DC6251000000578-0-image-a-54_1445811494817.jpg

Wouldn't call that a car's width would I....

EDIT: And I'm not even butt hurt but please in the name of God at least Google stuff before making assumptions.
?

Understeer? He did not even TRY to steer!! Literately.
Would have to see a replay again, searched youtube for a min but couldn't find one now, I remember when seeing it yesterday that I was thinking "why is he not turning in more, but then in the replay I saw him starting to turn in, straighten the wheel and then turn again, I assumed he tried to regain grip. But as said, would like to see the replay again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back