2015 Formula One Monaco Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
bull**** by the stewards. Alonso gets a penalty for tapping Nico wide at Mirabeau. Ricciardo gets nothing for tapping Kimi at Merabeau.
:thumbsdown:

Guess it happened because of the consequences. What I would've done in the end, was to swap Raikkonen and Ricciardo on the list - they can do it.

Pit stops during the safety car "window" should be not allowed; it would prevent this sort of race-breaking event happening again, and can't see a downside to it.

Well, now that refueling is banned, that might work - as the last time it was tried, it really f'ed up guys that ran out of fuel...

But honestly, I don't get why it should be "banned" just because some screw up. It is racing, screw-ups happen.

or Grosjean braked very early and caught Max off-guard

He didn't brake dangerously early (as proved by the penalty) - and it's the driver behind that is responsible for not hitting the guy in front when they are both racing fair and square.

With the Top 8 Points System McLaren Honda would only have 1 point scored at this race.

And with the top 6 system - they would still have no points. Neither would Lotus, Force India or Torro Rosse either. But that's not the system being used.

and it's the driver behind that is responsible for not hitting the guy in front when they are both racing fair and square.
tell me that in Canada 2014 why Perez got the penalty and not Massa then.
"He changed lines in the braking area"
isn't that what Romain did too?

naah, this penalty system needs to get sorted before Codies can sort theirs.

quote: "But honestly, I don't get why it should be "banned" just because some screw up. It is racing, screw-ups happen."

Was getting at - why not use VSC instead of safety car; it seems like a much fairer system from what I've seen so far. They used the VSC for about 30 seconds today, then changed their minds.
Too many races have been unfairly ruined by safety car, enough is enough.

tell me that in Canada 2014 why Perez got the penalty and not Massa then.
"He changed lines in the braking area"
isn't that what Romain did too?

Nope, Romain kept his car going straight, that does include passing from middle, to the left on the track, but that is how it works with the layout. That is not changing a line.
While Perez moved from the normal line, to another line, just that millisecond to late.

quote: "But honestly, I don't get why it should be "banned" just because some screw up. It is racing, screw-ups happen."

Was getting at - why not use VSC instead of safety car; it seems like a much fairer system from what I've seen so far. They used the VSC for about 30 seconds today, then changed their minds.

Ah, that I agree with. The VSC is way better, but I at the same time, when the car was stuck in the barriers, and this being Monaco, I can understand why the SC was used in the end.

From my point of view I also did not see move Grosjean from the normal racing line. Maybe he did brake a bit early but I can't make any of that from the footage. IMO it was a racing incident caused by Verstappen. A bit to eager I think

never thought i'd see the day where i would feel sincerely sorry for lewis hamilton. today was the day. what a disaster, no excuse at all for messing up a sportsman's efforts like that. it takes a lot of equanimity (had to chack the spelling on that one, lol) to look at this from a "win some - lose some" perspective.

That was cause the medical car was called out and so the SC must go out too.

A bloody fiddle from Mercedes to get a German to win again at Monaco. There was absolutely no reason to pull Lewis in for a stop. As for Ricciarado........well.....he should have been given the same penalty as Alonso. The inconstancy of the Stewards decisions is massively under scrutiny after this.

A bloody fiddle from Mercedes to get a German to win again at Monaco. There was absolutely no reason to pull Lewis in for a stop. As for Ricciarado........well.....he should have been given the same penalty as Alonso. The inconstancy of the Stewards decisions is massively under scrutiny after this.

wow really? You're clearly making something out of nothing. The call was made by Hamilton and Mercedes, he thought Seb and Nico were pitting because of the TV screens on the track. It was a simple miscalculation on the gap with Nico and misfortune that Hamilton got caught up by the SC at the last sector that caused him to miss out on the race win. No conspiracy against Lewis, no supernatural curse against him either, just a plain, and very costly mistake done by BOTH parties.

On the Ricciardo situation, Kimi was caught napping and closed the door way too late on him; Alonso on the other hand braked too late, lost the rear and sled into Hulkenberg causing him to go into the barrier.

My question to the Mercedes team would be what the hell did they actually plan to do with Lewis pitting to begin with? They obviously planned Lewis to come out ahead of Vettel, but it would be impossible to be ahead of Rosberg as well. So did they expect Nico to just give up the position?

In a way they're fortunate it played out the way it did with Vettel ahead of Lewis, otherwise they'd have had an even worse situation to deal with.

The Grosjean-Verstappen case.. Of course we are only simracers but if you have been in +1h race and around the end you get this situation where you are on old tires and the guy behind is with fresh ones but you think you can defend it to the end.. It is extremely hard to signal the guy behind that you have to brake earlier than in the last lap, almost impossible.But it is also the responsibility of the guy behind to realize this. In Monaco first turn, you basically have to hope that the guy behind is not 5cm from the diffuser going it to braking zone: you know that he has no chance to react but you still have even bigger threat: a freaking wall is closing on you 280km/h... If the guy behind is too greedy, it is going to be an accident and the guy in front has NO way of preventing it except giving way on the straight.... Which of course won't happen.. I count that accident on Verstappen 100%, it was pure racing incident but also the main reason was the lack of experience.

This is why i see that F1 should have age limit at 21.. NO ONE should be brought to F1 like Max have been done. The guy is super talented, really fast but will make "grosjean" type mistakes a lot lot more this season. Too young, too inepxerienced, too hot headed. He has basically avoided half a dozen of accidents that are now deemed as "brilliant overtaking".. Bullshit, he has outbraked himself and barely managed to slow the car down multiple times.. Good driver, 4 years too soon in F1. I hope he doesn't ruin his entire career because i really want to see him in a RBR or some other top team..

The Grosjean-Verstappen case.. Of course we are only simracers but if you have been in +1h race and around the end you get this situation where you are on old tires and the guy behind is with fresh ones but you think you can defend it to the end.. It is extremely hard to signal the guy behind that you have to brake earlier than in the last lap, almost impossible.But it is also the responsibility of the guy behind to realize this. In Monaco first turn, you basically have to hope that the guy behind is not 5cm from the diffuser going it to braking zone: you know that he has no chance to react but you still have even bigger threat: a freaking wall is closing on you 280km/h... If the guy behind is too greedy, it is going to be an accident and the guy in front has NO way of preventing it except giving way on the straight.... Which of course won't happen.. I count that accident on Verstappen 100%, it was pure racing incident but also the main reason was the lack of experience.

This is why i see that F1 should have age limit at 21.. NO ONE should be brought to F1 like Max have been done. The guy is super talented, really fast but will make "grosjean" type mistakes a lot lot more this season. Too young, too inepxerienced, too hot headed. He has basically avoided half a dozen of accidents that are now deemed as "brilliant overtaking".. Bullshit, he has outbraked himself and barely managed to slow the car down multiple times.. Good driver, 4 years too soon in F1. I hope he doesn't ruin his entire career because i really want to see him in a RBR or some other top team..

Every single racer makes mistakes in his career, let alone in the start of it. It seems like he had trust in Grosjean, he thought he would brake in the same point as before. It was an unfortunate accident, just like the one Perez and Massa had last year in Canada, just like the one Webber and Heikki had in 2010 in Valencia. Also, don't forget his frustration, he lost half a minute in the pits and he still recovered and was in the fight for the points when the accident happened, having made an extra pitstop.

Of course he will make mistakes, it was his first one this season! I believe his penalty is fair, but after that OK, making one mistake in your sixth race in F1, being 17 years old is not as tragic as many people make it look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back