2015 Formula One Japanese Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Central discussion thread for the Japanese GP at Suzuka.

Please take a second of your time to cast your votes and predict the winner of the race. Thanks :thumbsup:

Let the debate begin!

horrible crash, fortunate to walk away from that. the incident spoiled qualifying, but no one was injured that's the main thing.
suzuka is the best track of all -- a bit worried about its future though because of safety concerns. no run off areas.

It's part of the old guard, and it belongs with a handful of tracks that should not be modified extensively for run off and various tarmac areas. This is formula 1, not 2 or 3 or rally cross etc. Other safety measures need to be taken before putting tarmac where there's grass so that cars can slow down. When in actual and as history prices it only serves the drivers to take more chances.

I sincerely think that some of the new boys this they're invincible, and that's good and bad. But kviat had a quick and abrupt reminder of what it means to take an inch too much. I'm extremely happy and relieved to hear of his well being and I hope that drivers take valuable lessons from what happened.

GP2 Engine. Sounds like Fernando's resignation to Ron there. Saying that at Honda's own track is not a way to foster good relations.

promising Fernando a car that will reach the podium in Japan is also not good for relations.

Providing the McLaren did promise a wining car. I think it is not smart an constructive from Alonso to make such comments over the radio when the whole world is listening. Especially when you are on the home GP of your engine supplier.

Providing the McLaren did promise a wining car. I think it is not smart an constructive from Alonso to make such comments over the radio when the whole world is listening. Especially when you are on the home GP of your engine supplier.

I think Alonso knew perfectly fine what he was saying and when he was saying it. Almost a year has passed and every other GP we got the F1 lead from Honda (Arai) promising podiums, to match the pace of Ferrari and whatnot. First for the european GPs, then after summer break, then a bit later…

Still, today we got again Arai telling that McLaren is hiding their chassis problems. Maybe, but if that is so, at least those problems are not so big, since they can be hidden. The Honda engine problems are so blatantly clear that no hiding is possible. And, it seems that the engine issues cannot be addressed this season because deep redesign is needed, which may be the first ever declaration of that guy that I believe.

This was a calculated action to put Honda F1 management on the spot. A public message to the CEO of Honda: ‘this engine is total crap and I am tired of selling unicorns to the press, do something and do it fast, or next year is going to be the same’.

After race, sure, everybody scrambling back to the polite PR mode. Notice however how Dennis moves by the hour from protect-Honda-PR to protect-Alonso/McLaren-PR. If next season the situation is not hugely improved I don’t see the McLaren-Honda partnership surviving much longer. And it really shouldn’t, that engine is totally unworthy of F1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.3%