2015 DTM calendar unveiled with 18 races

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
DTM 2015 calendar revealed.jpg

DTM fans will get what they asked for as the 2015 DTM calendar sees the amount of races almost doubled to 18. Combined with the FIA Formula 3 European Championship, Porsche Carrera Cup Germany and the newly formed Audi Sport TT Cup a full blown action packed racing weekend is created for the fans.

ITR Chairman Hans Werner Aufrecht explains: "When it comes to the 2015 season, the DTM fans may look forward to even more race action: the DTM calendar comprises nine race weekends, with two races to be contested per weekend – one on Saturday and one on Sunday. “We know that many DTM enthusiasts were keen on two races per weekend as every additional race minute promises additional excitement and action”

The 2015 season calendar may be subject to changes but for now looks to bring nine racing weekends to both domestic and international venues.
  • 1st to 3rd May - Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg
  • 29th to 31st May - Lausitzring
  • 26th to 28th June - Norisring
  • 10th to 12th July - Circuit Park Zandvoort (NED)
  • 31st July to 2nd August - Red-Bull-Ring (AUT)
  • 28th to 30th August - Moscow Raceway (RUS)
  • 11th to 13th September - etropolis Motorsport Arena Oschersleben
  • 25th to 27th September - Nürburgring
  • 16th to 18th October - Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg

great to see them go back to a two-race weekend, I loved the old format with a sprint race on saturday much more. hope they will do a 1/3rd length race on sat directly after quali with 1/3 points and grid for race by sprint race position. more harddrive programming each weekend to do for me as a viewer, lol.

I'm still agitated over the CBS Sports TV deal which took away the access to the live coverage on YouTube in favor of tape-delayed broadcasts augmented with really awkwardly placed commercial brMOBIL 1: ENERGY LIVES HERE(TM)eaks.

http://www.dtm.com/en/News/Many-new-faces-involved-in-the-DTM-tests-at-Jerez.html

Some of the new faces at testing, I like them a lot. Especially Nicki Thiim - he'd be a perfect fit, he's sorely underrated as a GT/touring car driver.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 359 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%