Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

The Circuit
The Brno circuit in the Czech Republic is a very good all-round circuit for GT3 cars; it has long straights, fast corners, slower corners and long sweeping corners. This circuit is where @Adam Morris dominated last season in his M3 GT, can one of the GWAH drivers do the same in at least one of the races here? The track is tough on tyres, but with the shorter races in Season Two, tyres should not be an issue. Here is the first opportunity we will see this.

Setup Guide
Here is @Adam Morris presenting his season two feature, Setup Guide. Enjoy, watch and learn!

Press Conference
Q:
How would you rate your performance in Dubai?
Q: Do you think this circuit will suit your car and why?
Q: Where do you aim to finish this week?
Q: After rounds one to four, where do you see yourself in the championship chase?
The date says 12/2? We are racing tonight right?

That guy at Ricmotech has some plans you can use to build one. I based my rig off his design loosely as I didn't want to pay $36 for the plan.. Cheap I know, :rolleyes: But I think mine came out pretty good. The cool thing is, its something you built, like building a race-car and you can customize it at will. The possibilities are only limited by your creativity or bank account.

Press Conference
Q: How would you rate your performance in Dubai?
I felt I had decent pace and I was happy with the battles I had. But very disapointing my wheel disconnected twice.

I just drive the car the best I can, no matter the track.

Top 16.

Q: After rounds one to four, where do you see yourself in the championship chase?
Well, I'm last atm and I think I will stay there for a few weeks. But I will pick up the pace during the season.

Press Conference
Q:
How would you rate your performance in Dubai?
I felt I had decent pace and I was happy with the battles I had. But very disapointing my wheel disconnected twice.

I just drive the car the best I can, no matter the track.

Top 16.

Well, I'm last atm and I think I will stay there for a few weeks. But I will pick up the pace during the season.

How's your wheel mate

I used to love nascar. But France ruined it with the point system not to mention that there are now 36 teams guaranteed to start every race and there is only 40 cars starting a race instead of 43. I know they did it to attract more sponsorship ($$$$), but come one. Gone are the good ole days were running consistent was rewarded over winning races. How does someone win a championship after missing 11 races in a season. I know busch went on a tear when he came back, but with the old points system it would have been impossible.

The cracks for me were forming long ago. Living in Raleigh, I noticed "old school" tracks appearing gone from the schedule (North Wilkesboro, Rockingham) and being replaced with tracks out west or Midwest. Then, I noticed soon thereafter, almost 1-2 cautions a race due to debris that the cameras could not pick up. Eventually, they stopped looking for it after being briefed by NASCAR. Then the inane points system, and then more T.V. trash later in the form of a "playoff system" (so half your audience can tune out). If the points system, revenue streams, and racing philosophy could only be changed, they'd be pointed in the right direction. lol.

Missed 11 raced? :confused: That's insane!

Still it's not rigged just yet. If it was you'd see Dale Jr in the final 4 every year as he holds the lion share of fans. I tuned out last year after Harvick manipulated the finish at Talladega to advance to the next round. Unfortunately I think a sport has to evolve in order to flourish. I hate that they take away from the tracks that made NASCAR what it is. Too many cookie cutter tracks like F1 have dulled the sport out. So it takes gimmicky points systems to bring people back. And yes I hate how they cut out 3 more cars from the field. Why not leave 7 open spots for non-chartered teams???

Hardware came in...
Brian's Trophy:
IMG_20160218_161122_zpssjymopd6.jpg

and just adding to my collection :rolleyes:
IMG_20160218_160808_zpstzmvyt5s.jpg

The cracks for me were forming long ago. Living in Raleigh, I noticed "old school" tracks appearing gone from the schedule (North Wilkesboro, Rockingham) and being replaced with tracks out west or Midwest. Then, I noticed soon thereafter, almost 1-2 cautions a race due to debris that the cameras could not pick up. Eventually, they stopped looking for it after being briefed by NASCAR. Then the inane points system, and then more T.V. trash later in the form of a "playoff system" (so half your audience can tune out). If the points system, revenue streams, and racing philosophy could only be changed, they'd be pointed in the right direction. lol.

Missed 11 raced? :confused: That's insane!
North Wilkesboro and Rockingham were 2 of my favorite tracks. I am a short track fan. Those 2 tracks produced some of the greatest racing I have ever scene. Bristol was my favorite track until the ruined it with the repaving then shaving the top line. Back in the day the only way you could pass at Bristol was to bump and run into the turn. Now they run 2 wide all day long with no one making up any real ground. On top of it all they made it nearly impossible for the 1 car team to even survive in the series now.

My personal favorite cars are the Whelen Modifieds. I miss the days of the battles between Evans and Cook. My best friend growing up and the driver of the car that I worked on, his brother in law was Jamie The Jet Tomaino. He won the 1986 Featherlite modified championship. I could remember being in high school and going to the garage to help his brother-in-law work on and load the car for a points race in Stafford, Martinsville, Thompson, Riverhead, Oswego on Saturday night and Winston Cup on TNN on Sunday. That was when racing was great.

After driving in this league, I have been turned towards road racing now. I am always looking for updates as to what races happened from the last time that I searched. As for nascar, the elite class is all but dead to me, just not interested anymore but give me a night at Wall Stadium, Stafford Speedway or Thompson Speedway and I am all in.

that's brilliant! great trophies haha, are the other ones from participating in real racing events? they certainly look it.
yeah.. mostly Autocross's and a few club races. But really nothing as fun as our last series! Just showing it could be gathering dust on somebodies shelf! Brian I'm mailing your's off tomorrow. :thumbsup: I expect a celebratory picture! Tux not required! :roflmao:

I don't know why they can't make a few more bull-ring short tracks like Richmond, Martinsville and Bristol in the Mid-west or on the Coast. I think it would be cool if NASCAR started running Road America like the Xfinity series does.

No If You Leave And Your Spots Taken Dude We Cant Just Kick That Driver Out To Put You Back In For S3 we would love it to be that easy mate but as you know once you go and your spots taken you will be reserve untill someone eles drops out ect and we want you racing not on the sidelines Your Our S1 Champion For God Sake Every World Champion Has A Off Season Look At Vettel,Alonso And Hamilton For example But Your Not Even That Far Off Now From 3 Seconds To A Second Of Is Great Progress Come On Dude As 1 Of The 3 Founders Of This League Dude You Dont Seem To Interested ive had the worst S1 and Start to S2 But Im still Here And will be till the end
What if I beat the last driver to the sign up thread? Also on Assetto corsa its bigger grids so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%