Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

GT4
GT4 S2 Calendar.png

Unofficial Results.
1. @Michael Watts
2. @EpilepticToast
3. @bigdaddvx2005
4 @Globespy
5. @docholiday600
6. @Dalai toma
7. @Robert Waddell
8. @Railer Cantrell
Sorry for the delay in results. I really appreciate everyone one sticking with the game through all the issues we had. I thought it was a pretty good race once we got going. Hated to see Tom Disco, but I'll take what I can get as its probably happened to a more than a few of us while leading. We still have two races for Tom to take that title. I definately had an issue with track limits on more than one occasion with the lack of brake markers in the dark the 130R turn caught me out several times. I'll post some more in the Final Results, as well as Twitch and Export my replay to youtube. If you have any info to add to the Race narrative please let me know. So I can show that in the replay. :thumbsup:
Thanks again guys for showing up!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Race #7 Sakitta GP 48 Laps
Results
__________________________________________________________​
1. Michael Watts, BMW Z4 #82
2. Nic Worsfold, Aston Marton GTE #37
3. Joe White, BMW Z4 #99
4. Sean Flemming, Ruf RGT-8 #11
5. Chris Chavana, Ruf RGT-8 #16
6. Tom Senchak, BMW M3 #14 DNF -Electrical
7. Robert Waddell, Mercedes SLS #16 DNF -Handling
8. Railer Cantrell , Mercedes SLS #47 DNF -Accident

The tours moves East, actually the Far East to Sakitto, Japan. In what was supposed to be a very fast race at a fast track turned out to be quite a challenge as the skies opened up and it began to rain, adding an element to the race that the series hadn't experience all year. The reduction in grip really shook things up in Qualifying as well.
As the track dried speeds got faster and faster Tom Senchak the perennial favorite for the poll was fast, but it was about who got the last fast lap before the session ended. Michael Watts was able to do that at the end of the session by slapping on Softs and taking advantage of the drying track. Nic Worsfold was second with Senchak third followed by Chris Chavana, Railer Cantrell, Joe White, Robert Waddell, and Sean Flemming.
After drying up in the Qualifying session the rains fell again right before the start of the race. Since warm-up was cancelled some of the teams were able to change back to rain tires for the start of the race. And after 2 pace laps the race was underway albeit a very tentative start with all of the drivers tip-toeing around the track on cold tires then negotiating the wet tarmac. There were a few instances at the beginning of the race involving White, and Worsfold, but the drivers were able to recover well and pushed to finish well. Some struggled in the rain while others were able to pull away. Senchak broke away early only to slip and fall back after a few laps. This allowed Watts and Chavana to lead the field around until the rain finally tapered off after about 30 mins into the race. Watts pitted early along with Senchak, while Chavana kept pushing his inter's and taking the lead. Robert Waddell used strategy to put himself into 2nd place forcing Watts and Senchak to chase Chavana and Waddell down. Senchak now on Softs and in the dry was easily able to get by Watts after getting by Waddell he was tracking down Chavana for the lead and his 5th win. Chavana pushed his tires as hard as he could until he finally had to pit losing too much time to Senchak. The race was calm for a moment when Cantrell had issues coming out of the final corner crashing hard into the barrier. After losing a wheel he was forced to be the first retiree. After the leader pitted it left Senchak in the lead by 6 seconds with Watts and Worsfold chasing. It stayed that way until the top three's tires really started going away. The pit stop came just in time for Watts as he got damage from an entanglement with the lap cars of White and Chavana. Worsfold used the opportunity to change tires too and after the pit stop the gaps remained pretty stable with Senchak having nearly 12 seconds on Watts at one point only to have electrical issues late in the race to thwart his efforts of a 5th win on the season. Waddell was having a pretty good run until the handling went away on his Mercedes forcing him to retire early as well. As darkness fell over the track the final 12 laps came down to Watts and Worsfold. Hitting marks in the dark became more important than ever as Watts tried to collect his second win of the season. With the ever dominant Senchak out Watts was able to hold on for the win, his second in a row.

Last edited:
I definately had an issue with track limits on more than one occasion with the lack of brake markers in the dark the 130R turn caught me out several times.

And if they gave a penalty for running wide from pushing too hard, every real life GT series would end up with about two drivers at the end. But, in this race, the damage at the end is really what caused it, although the conditions were rough too (but I liked them! lol).

Good race there Watts what is that 2 wins in a row now? Had a good race until my lap 25 ran wide and hit the barrier, lost the left front tire. My body really felt like I hit the barrier. My right knee was killing me. It was all I could do to get out of my race seat afterwards. Hopefully next race I will finish. Good to see October out there. Maybe the Merc's will soon be able to show there true potential at Monza.

Good race there Watts what is that 2 wins in a row now? Had a good race until my lap 25 ran wide and hit the barrier, lost the left front tire. My body really felt like I hit the barrier. My right knee was killing me. It was all I could do to get out of my race seat afterwards. Hopefully next race I will finish. Good to see October out there. Maybe the Merc's will soon be able to show there true potential at Monza.

We miss you buddy. Hope you are feeling better soon. Old age + Suzuka + Rain + a Merc = :confused:. I'm sure we'll see some improvement. In the meantime, my Hurricanes *will* pass your Flyers and qualify for a playoff spot. :geek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back