Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Current Sonoma Laptimes:
Julian - 1:09.3
Adam - 1:09.4
Andrew - 1:09.6
Ben - 1:09.7
Nic - 1:09.9
Gareth - 1:10.0
Lance - 1:10.1
Adel - 1:10.1
Dean - 1:10.1
Liam - 1:10.2
Tom - 1:11.1
Benji - 1:11.4
Ronnie - 1:12.2

9 tenths off & I'm all the way in 10th. Haha. I seem to lose all my time in S3, Which is odd as it's pretty basic. & when I watch you guys, look like we're all driving the same

Race #6 Sonoma GP
Results
____________________________________________________________​
1. Michael Watts BMW Z4 #82
2. Tom Senchak BMW M3 #14
3. Alex Hinton RUF RGT-8 #3
4. Joe White BMW Z4 #99
5. Sean Flemming BMW Z4 #50
6. Brian Batiato Aston Martin Vantage V12 # 46
7. Nic Worsfold Aston Martin GTE #37 DNF
8. Railer Cantrell Mercedes SLS #47 DNF
9. Eric Cline BMW Z4 #83 DNF

After a much needed break for the Holidays, and a very challenging Round at Nordschleife, the Series returns to Wine Country at Sonoma. A beautiful and technical track nestled in Napa Valley in mid-west California lends itself to some very tight racing. It was no different this weekend. As in past weeks the usual fast guys were fast. With Tom Senchak and Alex Hinton both setting fast times in Practice only to be backed up in Qualifying. Senchak took the pole with a 1:29.133, with Hinton chasing -.624 off the pole followed by Michael Watts (-.729)
Joe White (-1.566), and Nic Worsfold (-1.630) rounding out the top five.
The start of the race started smoothly with the leaders pulling away early. With some good racing up front Watts was able to get by Hinton early and chase Senchak for the early part of the race. A lot of good racing further back between Flemming, White, and Worsfold. Eric Cline had difficulties from the start forcing him to retire early from the race continuing with his trend of bad luck. Hinton and Railer Cantrell both suffered from handling issues early in the race. Hinton was able to recover well, as Cantrell wasn't as fortunate and retired his Mercedes midway into the race. A back and forth battle between Hinton and White proved entertaining until Hinton grabbed the advantage and increased his lead after pitting later. While up front the battle was heating up between Senchak and Watts. Senchak could gap Watts seemingly at will, but small mistakes would bring him back to the bumper of the M3. Eventually, Watts would grab the lead, only briefly before pitting, as Senchak had issues with the kurbing in turn 7 all day. The early pit put Watts in front of Senchak after he stopped for tires and fuel mid-way through the race. Senchak closed the gap and stalked Watts lap after lap trading places a couple times as the two made contact. This battle went on for a few more laps until Senchak pushed for the position entering turn two hooking Watts' car sending both cars off track. Watts would get the worst end of the deal making minor contact with the wall. Hinton, driving like a mad-man, was rewarded for his resilience by taking the lead. Senchak feeling the race, and his 5th consecutive win slipping away tracked down Hinton and started putting pressure on him. As the battle ensued Watts didn't give up either and pushed to get back in the fight. As Senchak and Hinton fought hard each lending the other to make small mistakes, Watts was able to close enough to make it a three car battle. Senchak took the lead with 10 to go but a mistake on lap 53 put Watts ahead again for what would be the last time. Senchak tried multiple times to put pressure on Watts, but the kurbing in turn 7 would strike again allowing Watts to finish in front of a heated battle between Senchak and Hinton all the way down to turn 11. Watts' scored his first win of the year while Senchak held off Hinton for 2nd. Joe White came in 4th in front of Sean Flemming who had to get creative to finish the race after miscalculating his fuel mileage. Worsfold wasn't so lucky and dropped to 7th after running out of fuel on the last lap giving the 6th position to Batiato.

Last edited:
Q: Do you like this circuit?
No
Q: Over the course of a week, do you prepare more for Qualifying or Race?
Not prepared,focus is on next season,brb will be 1.5 sec per lap slower on race pace
Q: Does your car suit this circuit?
Wheel goes light after few laps....some fun this is going to be

Q: Do you like this circuit?
No
Q: Over the course of a week, do you prepare more for Qualifying or Race?
Not prepared,focus is on next season,brb will be 1.5 sec per lap slower on race pace
Q: Does your car suit this circuit?
Wheel goes light after few laps....some fun this is going to be

If you want to miss the rest of this season I can replace you mate? Up to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back